• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Zomba13

So this was a good episode. (random order thoughts)

-That Coulson shield was great and it fits because he's a Cap fanboy
-Hydra all gone now makes sense because to the movie only crowd Hydra was finished in the intro to AoU an #itsallconnected
-budget Gambit was hype (I have no knowledge of comic Inhumans so I just associate everyone with the X-man equivalent)
-Fitzsimmons is cursed, something bad will happen in this arc. I was half expecting Bad Daisy to bring back Fitz's brain issues with that force choking.
-Hiveville could be interesting. Now did he really buy a town or just turn them all into mr skeltal?

When I saw the episode title "The Singularity," I didn't know they would be talking about the Ray Kurzweil's Singularity, lol.

The whole theme of this episode was excellent.

BLACKLAC

I need a GIF of Coulson with that shield.

FYdCvvg.gif

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Mac is the most pointless character ever, and dude has no damn range.

He had some great moments last season and decent range. It's just that they're doing almost nothing with his character this season because they're going all in on this Inhumans storyline and the original s1/s2 cast are kind of taking a back seat to it all(except Coulson).

At least he isn't Tripp. Tripp had almost no range except one scene.

TDLink

I was waiting for the reveal that Fitz taking so long to come back was because he was a new host for Hive or something stupid like that. For now I'm glad the pairing (which should have happened ages ago) seems genuine and not some sort of terrible twist. Now they can just move past it and not have the back and forth take up so much time. I mean it's something that was so obviously going to happen from literally the first episode.

Cuburt

Ok, I'm coming back around on this season. This show is great when it's on but when it's not, it feels so middling.

Coulson's shield is great. That go-go-gadget hand is paying off.

Evil Daisy is dope with her powers and even Lincoln pushed to the brink actually gets interesting.

I dare anyone to say Fitzsimmons have no chemistry or is forced. It thankfully feels earned after such a long path to get here. They are the best part of the show right now and I'm going to be devastated when something happens to them (I know it's coming). The character stuff is the best part of this show (the May/Coulson stuff was great), so it is disappointing when they forget that.

I actually think the Civil War tie in may be better than I thought. Should be a good close to the season either way.

vivftp

Loved the spot, but shouldn't their ear drums be like... non-existent after being in the middle of a giant explosion like that?

Ah well, who cares. Love the way things are going! With Hydra gone I wonder if we'll finally see Creel and Deathlock make an appearance on the show again.

Without a doubt I'm in the camp thinking Lash will be the one to bring Hive down. Both will probably die and it'll wrap up that whole mess in a neat little package.

Evil Daisy is dope with her powers and even Lincoln pushed to the brink actually gets interesting.

Yeah I can't believe Im gonna say this but Lincoln has actually gotten to be a pretty cool / interesting character over the last couple episodes.

Really the show has just been killing it lately. They've stepped their game up alot over the last half of this season

Neoxon

Yeah I can't believe Im gonna say this but Lincoln has actually gotten to be a pretty cool / interesting character over the last couple episodes.

Really the show has just been killing it lately. They've stepped their game up alot over the last half of this season
It's almost as if Daisy was holding Lincoln back.

I like that Hive's former/current hosts actively influence his behavior. Makes the character so much more interesting.

Yeah I like that as well. Its a pretty interesting twist on the character. How those memories actually influence what he does.

Mack is the ultimate bro. He saw right through Simmons' bullshit and left so that she & Fitz could lay pipe.

A lot of people say Mack is boring but I really love the character. He really is like the Ultimate Bro. I feel like if you needed someone on the Team to have your back you could always trust him to look out for you

Only complaint is the death of Hydra felt anticlimactic. I know there's budget constraints but I feel like that scene needed to be extended a little bit...even if you don't actually show the destruction of the bases outright, maybe show some more clips on the monitor or cut to some of Talbot's team cheering/celebrating.

Cuburt

Ah well, who cares. Love the way things are going! With Hydra gone I wonder if we'll finally see Creel and Deathlock make an appearance on the show
They did just name drop Cybertek with his cyborg doctor and Creel is Talbot's bodyguard, who is still in the picture.

I didn't think Agent Blake would ever make an appearance again but he did.

Neoxon

A lot of people say Mack is boring but I really love the character. He really is like the Ultimate Bro. I feel like if you needed someone on the Team to have your back you could always trust him to look out for you
This. Mack is like the rock of the team in more ways than one. He knows when to get involved & when to back off so he doesn't cock-block you. Mack is the best friend we all wish we had (& those who do have a friend like Mack could count themselves lucky).

Cuburt

Mack is filling the role of the team glue that Daisy was in season 1. Now that Daisy is getting groomed for leading her own team, Mack being the team bro is a natural role for Mack.

Mack is more is useful to the team than Hunter ever was. Hunter's humor is missed though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
yuss the hot Australian finally has powers

the death of Hydra felt anticlimactic. I know there's budget constraints but I feel like that scene needed to be extended a little bit...even if you don't actually show the destruction of the bases outright, maybe show some more clips on the monitor or cut to some of Talbot's team cheering/celebrating.

Agreed. I just assumed it wasn't going to stick because that scene certainly didn't feel like the end of the series' largest story arc.

Another excellent episode. The show is definitely back into the groove IMO.

Happy to see all the Mack love. And that they're buying his shirts in the juniors department again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Joss Whedon, can boys and girls just, you know, NOT fuck?

Top Bottom