• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

FYdCvvg.gif
Is it me or this .gif is skipping?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
THIS is the reason for this show

what a great episode, can't wait to see the ones that sandwich Civil War

Yeah I can't believe Im gonna say this but Lincoln has actually gotten to be a pretty cool / interesting character over the last couple episodes.

Really the show has just been killing it lately. They've stepped their game up alot over the last half of this season

seems to be like clockwork - the seasons start slow and end really well

duckroll

Was that really a "great" episode though? I dunno. I'm pretty down on season 3 in general at this point. I mean, the last two episodes have been fun, but I'm still not a fan of the direction (or lack thereof) the season went in.

So this was a good episode. (random order thoughts)

-That Coulson shield was great and it fits because he's a Cap fanboy
-Hydra all gone now makes sense because to the movie only crowd Hydra was finished in the intro to AoU an #itsallconnected
-budget Gambit was hype (I have no knowledge of comic Inhumans so I just associate everyone with the X-man equivalent)
-Fitzsimmons is cursed, something bad will happen in this arc. I was half expecting Bad Daisy to bring back Fitz's brain issues with that force choking.
-Hiveville could be interesting. Now did he really buy a town or just turn them all into mr skeltal?
Likely bought it given he talked about doing something with the money in a previous episode.

Only complaint is the death of Hydra felt anticlimactic. I know there's budget constraints but I feel like that scene needed to be extended a little bit...even if you don't actually show the destruction of the bases outright, maybe show some more clips on the monitor or cut to some of Talbot's team cheering/celebrating.

I think feeling anticlimactic was the point. There is no victory as Hydra's sole purpose has been fulfilled.

Neither Fitz nor Simmons will die. But their unborn child will be the big bad in Season 4.

What's actually going on in the future scene is Ward and fitzsimmon's baby are being pulled into a pocket dimension where time goes much faster. The blood is from the placenta. So, in a year, the baby will have aged 17 years.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Simmons will be revealed to be an Inhuman, and having been under Hive's control, Fitz won't trust her since they slept together after that, setting them all the way back to square one.

I'm really hoping we get a scene of Coulson vs Hive, where Coulson swings with his right, Hive nonchalantly leans back so that Coulson misses. Coulson then begins to swing with his left, Hive smirks as he leans back again, but this time Coulson activates the shield mid swing, cutting Hivewards head clean off.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Joss Whedon, can boys and girls just, you know, NOT fuck?

he has nothing to do with this show

blame his brother and his sister-in-law

Was that really a "great" episode though? I dunno. I'm pretty down on season 3 in general at this point. I mean, the last two episodes have been fun, but I'm still not a fan of the direction (or lack thereof) the season went in.

I really liked it. I thought the first half of the Season was really weak and was overall down on it but the last 5 episodes have been great in my opinion. The storylines, characters, everything seems to have jumped up in quality. I'll be honest for the front half of the season when I watched the show I felt I was mostly doing it because I'm a Marvel fan and just wanted to keep up with what was happening but now I look forward to Tuesday's a lot. I just hope in Season 4 they can continue the momentum they've had from the back half of this season.

jon bones

I really liked it. I thought the first half of the Season was really weak and was overall down on it but the last 5 episodes have been great in my opinion. The storylines, characters, everything seems to have jumped up in quality. I'll be honest for the front half of the season when I watched the show I felt I was mostly doing it because I'm a Marvel fan and just wanted to keep up with what was happening but now I look forward to Tuesday's a lot. I just hope in Season 4 they can continue the momentum they've had from the back half of this season.

i really feel like the first half of every season of AoS is weak and then the back half is super solid

anaron

It was OK.

the FitzSimmons garbage brought it down a lot.

Good episode, but i am so damn tired of Fitzsimmons, will they won´t they, they are together blah blah. It´s been dragging for far too long. Either get them together and stop this damn stupidly written drama, or kill one and let the other move on already.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thought it was an excellent episode, very fun from beginning to end and the direction of some scenes was above par for what AoS usually does. Every character had something interesting to do and their interactions were all great. Acting was on point too and I liked many lines of dialogue.

Show feels like it has been season finale-ing for two episodes in a row and I hope it keeps up the pace.

Deadly

Lincoln going nuts at the start looked pretty awesome. I hope he gets to go all out before the end.

Do you think they'll finish the Hive arc before the last episode and start setting up for next season ? With all the Inhumans, the tie-in to Civil War, registration should be a big topic.

Good episode, but i am so damn tired of Fitzsimmons, will they won´t they, they are together blah blah. It´s been dragging for far too long. Either get them together and stop this damn stupidly written drama, or kill one and let the other move on already.

But the will they or won't they question was answered last night. They will.

Lincoln going nuts at the start looked pretty awesome. I hope he gets to go all out before the end.

Yeah that was cool, with his eyes glowing and everything. They've finally really shown Daisy unleashed since her turn and how powerful she is. I hope we get to see Lincoln go all out with his powers too.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, I'm glad they've been giving some better material for Luke Mitchell to work with. Lincoln was squandered potential for a long time.

Regarding the FitzSimmons stuff, I'm fairly indifferent about their relationship at this point, but Henstridge and De Caestecker were so cute in their scenes that I kind of got into it, lol. The whole thing is giving massive death flags though.

jon bones

i hope making Lincoln interesting is setting him up to be offed. let him get real powered up and likable so when he dies we feel something (but not too much!)

Top Bottom