• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Volimar

So, the depiction in Guardians was basically the more comic-accurate. Whereas the Kree we've seen in SHIELD have varied between being gigantic CG corpses to Bolians who are imposing hand to hand combatants that can survive a fall from space. Plus that one that just looked like a typical human last season.

The Kree are a warrior race that uses genetic manipulation as it suits them. There's going to be variation.

The Kree are a warrior race that uses genetic manipulation as it suits them. There's going to be variation.

Oh yes, definitely Kree with appropriate genetic manipulations and technology can be ridiculouly powerful even in the comics. The current Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) was created by Kree technology and she's physically more powerful than most Asgardians (even many of the ones that are actually significant characters).

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Physical strength doesn't matter when facing someone who can shatter your spine from a distance.

Except Daisy fought the Kree Ripper hand to hand initially. It was only after kicking him in the face a couple of times that she did the thing with his spine.

I mean, we saw Vin-Tak going head to head with Lady Sif, who's probably stronger than, say, Captain America by default, being an Asgardian. We've seen Asgardians demonstrate casual super strength as seen by the Berserker who's name I don't remember.

Special C

Except Daisy fought the Kree Ripper hand to hand initially. It was only after kicking him in the face a couple of times that she did the thing with his spine.

I mean, we saw Vin-Tak going head to head with Lady Sif, who's probably stronger than, say, Captain America by default, being an Asgardian. We've seen Asgardians demonstrate casual super strength as seen by the Berserker who's name I don't remember.

It's almost silly for Daisy to even do hand to hand combat at this point. Why not start with the spine snapping?

Khaz

Maybe she just likes fighting?

We have seen her subdue opponents immediately without throwing a punch when she wanted it, like with Fitz. I believe she doesn't like to simply resort to the powers and maybe prove to herself that she doesn't need them? The spine crush was like "ok, fine, you won't get down by punching, I'll just end this now."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daisy is too overpowered anyway - makes her fights kinda boring tbh.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Inhumans in the team are all OP to be honest, even inexperienced Joey and Yo-Yo. Next season will need a few enhanced enemies to balance things out.

BBboy20

Her being OP from the start is an interesting condrum when she has to function as a secret agent. Can't be OP if you care about collateral damage.

Why on Earth would Jessica Jones punch Ward in the face when she could just incinerate him with her laser eyes?
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif

Registration ep should prove interesting.
Probably will either happen at the very end of the episode or next season.

SHit, to think about
Cap stealing Secret Warriors' thunder...and HQing it up in Wakanda of all places!

Khaz

If you haven't seen Civil War, I'd suggest not watching tonight's episode and and ask in this thread afterwards how spoilery it is.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
do you think we will ever see one of the avengers on the show or will that take the budget over the line?

Honestly, I'm not so sure.
I think the actors are up for it, anytime it's been mentioned in some context or another, it's like "Yeah, if they could work it out, I'd love to do it" Of course, that could just be saving face.

But I think dropping one of them in and then out again seems silly. Save that for the likes of Sif, Fury etc.

butalala

Hawkguy would be a great fit. Civil War spoilers:
Especially now that he's on the lam. Hooking up with an organization that doesn't exist, led by a director that's supposed to be dead.

Khaz

Hawkguy would be a great fit. Civil War spoilers:
Especially now that he's on the lam. Hooking up with an organization that doesn't exist, led by a director that's supposed to be dead.

Well,
all of them
, really. I'd say it's the perfect point to make it happen, then
reunite them all
in Infinity War.

I find it strange that Hive/Ward is such a huge danger to the whole planet and the Avengers know nothing about him, or the inHumans, or the fact that Coulson is alive.

Also that Hydra is still be mentioned in the movies (Ant Man and Civil War) when there really is no Hydra anymore, so far as it used to be known.

-Not even sure if this is a spoiler? But I masked it anyway.

I think the fact that Professor X not being present in these MCU movies to bring all the mutant groups in the world together, due to the stupid X-men licensing stuff, is causing believability/immersion issues for me.

I don't like that they all populate the same universe, but are not allow to know each other because of copyright holder bullshit.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I find it strange that Hive/Ward is such a huge danger to the whole planet and the Avengers know nothing about him, or the inHumans, or the fact that Coulson is alive.

Also that Hydra is still be mentioned in the movies (Ant Man and Civil War) when there really is no Hydra anymore, so far as it used to be known.

They only mentioned Hydra in a past tense, since it was Hydra brainwashing that was used against Bucky to make him flip out, as well as make him kill the Starks. They never talked about Hydra as if it still exists, especially since in the movieverse, Hydra was destroyed at the beginning of Age of Ultron.

dorikyasu

I think the fact that Professor X not being present in these MCU movies to bring all the mutant groups in the world together, due to the stupid X-men licensing stuff, is causing believability/immersion issues for me.

I don't like that they all populate the same universe, but are not allow to know each other because of copyright holder bullshit.
But they do not exist in the same universe. X-Men/FF movies are not part of MCU, despite misleading Marvel logo in the opening.

shingi70

Banned

Inhumans are mutants.

Quick

Banned
But they do not exist in the same universe. X-Men/FF movies are not part of MCU, despite misleading Marvel logo in the opening.

Major key is the Marvel logo.

Anything with this logo opening is a Marvel Studios movie, therefore part of the MCU. Marvel TV has a similar opening, minus the "Studios" name.

Well, nothing has been said that hasn't been covered by trailers, really. Aside from Peggy Carter, but that has been coming for some time now.

Daisy creepy af

Top Bottom