• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Winter-Soldier-3.png

QNt9EET.jpg

Sham-bit was such a chump, as were the Kree. Just big blades? How exactly were they going to deal with Hive besides beating him up?

Minor nitpick: Hive's shirt is missing the hole from the explosive round, yet there are no holes from the bullets.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sham-bit was such a chump, as were the Kree. Just big blades? How exactly were they going to deal with Hive besides beating him up?
I would've at least liked to see Hive get an arm chopped off before he fed on him.

Also, shooting a grenade at Hive was weak. Does John Carpenter's The Thing not exist in the MCU? You got to break out the flamethtrowers.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
giphy.gif

Somebody had to replace him.

Edit: Yes he lost to a keyboard.

But you got the point that it was a powerful keyboard, didn't you? You're GD right you did. Worf served the purposes of the story, and in the same way, so does Mack.

What I'm saying is that Mack isn't a character, he's a recurring plot device.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I would've at least liked to see Hive get an arm chopped off before he fed on him.

Also, shooting a grenade at Hive was weak. Does John Carpenter's The Thing not exist in the MCU? You got to break out the flamethtrowers.

I dunno if a world without John Carpenter is a worthy tradeoff for super powers.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The latest episode should be a reminder of why this show should stay the fuck away from the bigger stories. The budget sucks, costume design suck, props suck, sets suck, action scenes suck, shootouts suck and pretty much the entire production is well beyond poorly equiped to deal with stuff that requires a certain amount of money and talent not to destroy the suspension of disbelief.

Those allmighty Krees were some legit Buffy-grade bullshit.

God.

At least this stinker came after several good to great episodes. Progress?

Quick

Banned
^I wish AoS can hide their budget-friendly production a little better. The Kree did look pretty cheap, and just a ton of elements within the show too.

I think Doctor Who does this well enough. Their production can be cheap as hell, but they manage to hide it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
^I wish AoS can hide their budget-friendly production a little better. The Kree did look pretty cheap, and just a ton of elements within the show too.

I think Doctor Who does this well enough. Their production can be cheap as hell, but they manage to hide it.

Their budget was spent on Body Melting effects.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Agents of SHIELD could work infinitely better by dealing with smaller threats instead of spearheading/overlapping with the films, which are MASSIVE in terms of scope and budget. I mean, this season hasn't been too awful compared to the utter idiocy of S1 and much of S2, but those Kree were a painful reminder of AoS bitting way more than it can chew.

I can't help but think that this show could work better as something like a more action-y Netflix production. Coulson leading a Strike Back-like crack team of underground SHIELD agents crushing small Hydra cells with relatively modest terror plans while uncovering some cool tech and background history. But no, it had to pave the way for Civil War and Inhumans, because apparently the MCU can't survive without that poorly shoehorned TV hype.

They kind of reminded me of Tobias in Arrested Development.

Shirtless Mack though. A+ Episode.
I can't really hate. Dude is pretty much a lifelike action figure.

Their budget was spent on Body Melting effects.
Clearly. Because that scene with the grenade launcher was lolstuff.

wRMTSqf.gif

Nevermind the fact that just one episode ago Simmons incapacitated him with three gutshots.

Quick

Banned
I'm hoping Most Wanted goes that route - smaller group (er, literally a duo) taking down small threats.

I do appreciate the grander storytelling with AoS though. I appreciate its attempt at really making a dent in the MCU. Just make it look better.

Had a cringe moment with the Secret Warriors busting in on Hive's/Malick's hideout and the wall Daisy busted open was looking really cheap, and it's supposed to look like concrete.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
They had an entire scene dedicated to how they were opening up the SHIELD armory to bust out the big guns for Hive. So what do they hit him with? 3 pistol rounds and a low yield grenade.

At this point SHIELD deserves to lose.

Quick

Banned
They had an entire scene dedicated to how they were opening up the SHIELD armory to bust out the big guns for Hive. So what do they hit him with? 3 pistol rounds and a low yield grenade.

LOL I didn't even think about this.

And Mack gives May a pistol, knowing that Hive is OP.

Moaradin

SHIELD is really weird for that stuff. A lot of the production like the sets look like ass. But then you have a lot of the CG looking great (mainly the jet stuff) pretty consistently.

inky

That red shirt couldn't even hit him center mass from10 feet away with a fucking grenade launcher either, she just brushed his shoulder. Then May is like, fuuuuuuuu, run bitches!

That was so fucking schlocky, lol.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

At this point I wonder if the production is having some real issues or budget constraints when it comes to weapons, because ANYTHING related to firearms and shootouts sucks ass.

The show has been awful at this since S1. Entire tactical teams solely armed with handguns (!) or needlessly holding fire against an attacking enemy (!!), incredibly poor handling and stunts (which makes me believe they don't have good coordinators), mediocre set pieces, lame chases... The A-Team had better action back in the 80's, I swear.

I don't understand how can you make an action TV show in this time and age and fuck it up so bad.

"That's what he said". <_< >_>

Chloe is a ridiculously good looking example of our species and it's such bullshit she had to change her last name just to get work in Hollywood.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hope we see these Kree in the films and they look exactly the same, costume budget and all.
They were subtly careful in making that specific look disposable though, haha. They were "older models" so to speak:

Hive: These Kree are not from their home world. They're Reapers. They exist only to hunt.
Daisy: And to find humans for your makers.
Hive: For thousands of years, they've remained in stasis, orbiting our solar system.

Yeah, today's Kree are much more fashionable.

Was Multi-Girl unable to further split herself? I remember when she was introduced in S2 she split into 4. Maybe they each developed a personality and resisted merging back or further splitting?

Finally saw it. It was a solid episode.

The Kree really didn't look any worse than that one pirate in GotG. I swear his beard was painted, not dyed, but painted half-assed blue, lmao.

I just have issues with humanoid species in general, both inside the MCU (Asgardians, Kree, etc) and outside (Star Trek). It's like they're thinking, "Make them look like humans, but change the skin color unlike a human's, or change a feature like a wrinkly nose." lol

wildfire

Banned
At this point I wonder if the production is having some real issues or budget constraints when it comes to weapons, because ANYTHING related to firearms and shootouts sucks ass.

The show has been awful at this since S1. Entire tactical teams solely armed with handguns (!) or needlessly holding fire against an attacking enemy (!!), incredibly poor handling and stunts (which makes me believe they don't have good coordinators), mediocre set pieces, lame chases... The A-Team had better action back in the 80's, I swear.

I don't understand how can you make an action TV show in this time and age and fuck it up so bad.

Odd to hear this complaint from you. Don't you also watch Person of Interest? That show like Arrow has declined heavily in the action choreography. Atleast Shield has been consistent over these seasons and now it's better than either shows.

Magwik

Banned
Odd to hear this complaint from you. Don't you also watch Person of Interest? That show like Arrow has declined heavily in the action choreography. Atleast Shield has been consistent over these seasons and now it's better than either shows.
being better than Arrow is a low ass bar though post S2

duckroll

Was there any tie in to the movie at all, or did I just miss it?

Next week apparently. Coulson needs to watch Civil War first before he can make some random one liner showing that #ItsAllConnected, and it hasn't opened in the US yet. Too busy fighting Hive to fly to another country to watch it early I guess.

Geist-

Finally saw it. It was a solid episode.

The Kree really didn't look any worse than that one pirate in GotG. I swear his beard was painted, not dyed, but painted half-assed blue, lmao.

I just have issues with humanoid species in general, both inside the MCU (Asgardians, Kree, etc) and outside (Star Trek). It's like they're thinking, "Make them look like humans, but change the skin color unlike a human's, or change a feature like a wrinkly nose." lol

I know there are other examples, but Star Wars definitely does aliens the best. I wish modern franchises would take a note, especially now that Disney owns both Marvel and Star Wars.

That would have been both sad and hilarious if Marvel killed off another black guy. XD

Next week apparently. Coulson needs to watch Civil War first before he can make some random one liner showing that #ItsAllConnected, and it hasn't opened in the US yet. Too busy fighting Hive to fly to another country to watch it early I guess.

Well, the last Captain America movie actually made Agents of Shield worth watching, maybe Civil War will pull off a similar trick.

jmood88

Minor nitpick: Hive's shirt is missing the hole from the explosive round, yet there are no holes from the bullets.
The Kree were awful but I don't see what's wrong with Australian Gambit.

Why did Ward even bother fighting him?

Why didn't he use his power thing right from the start?
Catharsis - as they said, he had a thousand year old grudge to settle.

Though with just how quickly both Kree went down, it leads me to wonder exactly why he was so scared to call them in the first place. They weren't even close to being a threat.

Top Bottom