• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I don't think anyone is convinced anymore.

and the show sucks for it

That was never anything other than fan shipping. Nothing in the show showed them as anything other than friends. I can notice another guy has a nice physique without being attracted to him.

kirblar

That was never anything other than fan shipping. Nothing in the show showed them as anything other than friends. I can notice another guy has a nice physique without being attracted to him.
Mack has a sexuality of "neutral" all season long, and there's the scene where he grabs the ID of one of the guys killed on his ship.

You learn to spot these things.

Remember that episode early on where Raylan/Winona are trying to be low key and then they realize Tim's at the same bar? Tim's with another guy. On its own it's nothing, but in the context of a lot of the stuff on the show in that time period (Quarles' rent boys, the story w/ Tim's military buddy who gets killed) there were definitely overtones that you could pick up on. He got written with a sexuality of "neutral" for the first few seasons.

They openly admitted post-show it was something they were setting up but dropped because they weren't spending any time with the supporting cast.

Oh, I remember now, thanks. First few seasons are a bit muddy to me.

anaron

That's fine. There were hints of something more and Mack's sexuality still isn't confirmed two seasons in.

It would've been a million times more interesting than watching two siblings get together.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I remain eternally unmoved by the "eww, they are like siblings!" complaint, given that we are 3 seasons down and there was absolutely clear and obvious romantic/sexual tension between the two by, at the very latest, the mid-way point of the first season.

Show could continue for 10 more seasons and end with FitzSimmons married with 3 kids, but folks would still be like "yeah but they had a semi-plutonic rivarly for like the first 3 episodes so it sucks"

kirblar

That's fine. There were hints of something more and Mack's sexuality still isn't confirmed two seasons in.

It would've been a million times more interesting than watching two siblings get together.
Fitz hearing DL and immediately jumping to "Down-Low" is the moment where it was like "ok, yeah, this is totally deliberate."

Them ending up together is really weird, given that it plays into all the obnoxious stereotypes the storyline seemed to be trying to avoid in the first place. With literally the entire case (except mack) all having relationship drama in S3, it makes me wonder if there was a studio note.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Fitz hearing DL and immediately jumping to "Down-Low" is the moment where it was like "ok, yeah, this is totally deliberate."

Them ending up together is really weird, given that it plays into all the obnoxious stereotypes the storyline seemed to be trying to avoid in the first place. With literally the entire case (except mack) all having relationship drama in S3, it makes me wonder if there was a studio note.

What? My first thought for DL is "down low" as in "keep it on the DL". I don't even know what you're referring to there.

I mean, I'm not disputing anything else, it's just that's not indicative of anything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What? My first thought for DL is "down low" as in "keep it in the DL". I don't even know what you're referring to there.

You are correct, and that is almost certainly the intended meaning. However, there is also a specific (generally black/urban) meaning of "down low" referring specifically to a closeted dude (generally in a relationship with a woman) hooking up with other dudes. The idea that this is what they were implying on the show is what we call "projecting"

kirblar

It's not projecting when they're repeatedly dropping breadcrumbs throughout the season. Up until that point I had handwaved it.

In a season where literally everyone was crying about their dead/injured GF/BF/etc, Mack is the only regular left by himself.

Volimar

It's not projecting when they're repeatedly dropping breadcrumbs throughout the season. Up until that point I had handwaved it.

In a season where literally everyone was crying about their dead/injured GF/BF/etc, Mack is the only regular left by himself.

Mack is all about that Yo-Yo though.

Cmon if they off Daisy they have no show. :p

Yeah, I won't deny she's the main reason I tune in and stuck through it when it was pure garbage, but I do think they should have used the finale to establish that the main cast isn't as safe as we keep thinking they are.

I would have been okay with them offing May and using that to bring back to Mockingbird.

anaron

Yo-Yo is into Mack but he's been pretty guarded romantically towards her. I like how it's projecting him being either gay or bisexual when there's been nothing to suggest he's straight, either.

I'm sure it's going to happen though, because starting with S3 this show has regressed back into some pretty boring conventional stuff.

Been spending the last few days reading this thread on and off.

Gutted that HiveWard blew up in space. I have come to love Brett Dalton. People have mentioned he could come back as a LMD, but wouldn't it essentially be a different character then? Unless SHIELD has a policy to scan all their agents brains or they pull some stuff like they created an AI from videos of his exploits.

Not a fan of long haired slight goth Quake. A bit too tryhard. And that's coming from a rocker who generally likes that type

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not a fan of long haired slight goth Quake. A bit too tryhard. And that's coming from a rocker who generally likes that type
Not a fan either, but it was essentially a disguise so she could get close to Hinton's wife and daughter before SHIELD recognized her. She must constantly switch between looks while on the run.

Not a fan either, but it was essentially a disguise so she could get close to Hinton's wife and daughter before SHIELD recognized her. She must constantly switch between looks while on the run.

Here's hoping. She is naturally stunning and I felt that look took it away somewhat.

Would also like to agree with the people who said the bro out between Lincoln and HiveWard at the end was amazing. They both knew nothing was to be achieved by dramatics so it was nice to see some groundedness if that is the right way to describe it

anaron

can they just have her look like this already?

ElTTB9K.jpg

So I just finished this earlier today.

Daisy being the main character is a little annoying, I mean I get it's a show about her but Half of S4 is going to be

Coulson "Daisy pls come back"
FitzSimmons "She is emo now it's hard for her"
Coulson "Daisy Pls"

Mack is such a boring character, I get it they need a big guy but c'mon he is so boring. Him and YoYo can both leave for all I care. At least Hunter was somewhat funny and Bobby was fairly interesting.

May hasn't done anything of worth in forever. Daisy has basically surpassed her as an Agent and Coulson just ignores her when she tries they "wisdom of tough agent with a heart of gold" thing.

Lincoln was an awful character, glad he is dead.

Ward being gone is a shame but after HiveWard I really don't care. It was a bad route to take the character, Coulson crushing his chest would have been a better conclusion.

It wasn't an amazing series but it's better than Arrow has been. Looking forward to next season.

Anbec7

I was a really good ending! While I understand some of the complaints on the weaker seasons it's actually getting a lot better.

It fell flat for me solely because his big magnanimous vision for the world was to transform everyone into Putties. If he had pushed for the doctor to make them real inhumans it would have been okay, but he just saw the abominations and went: this is fine, time to bomb planet.

I guess my joke didn't work as well as I'd thought.

Khaz

please tell me you're joking, I can't seem to tell the difference these days.

She's not a tall skinny model who could stand on the catwalk. Nothing wrong with that eh. I don't think her head could sport this sort of haircut either, different people have different styles that suit them better.

Chubby is a bit of a strong word though.

Pachimari

I don't think Chloe Bennet can pull that look considering her chubby built.

please tell me you're joking, I can't seem to tell the difference these days.

She's not a tall skinny model who could stand on the catwalk. Nothing wrong with that eh. I don't think her head could sport this sort of haircut either, different people have different styles that suit them better.

Chubby is a bit of a strong word though.
I agree with this. There is no way that Chloe can pull that look off. She have a different build to her.

Top Bottom