• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Now that FitzSimmons is firmly established and Mack and Yoyo are clearly becoming a thing, I wonder how many people are still convinced that Fitz and Mack is a thing that will happen.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wonder if Coulson picked his replacement himself or whether it was some kind of committee vote situation.
I'm thinking the latter. From Coulson's dialogue with Mack I didn't feel like they were acting with much freedom or under the orders of someone they're familiar with.

C: Seal the perimeter! But you won't find her. Call the Director. We struck out again.
M: That'll take us off her trail.
C: And call in the National Guard, yeah.
M: Where will we be assigned?
C: Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Even if the director turns out to be someone we know from the team it wouldn't surprise me if Coulson was forcibly demoted, and that SHIELD/ATCU will be kept more in check after the Inhuman craziness + Sokovia Accords.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Now that FitzSimmons is firmly established and Mack and Yoyo are clearly becoming a thing, I wonder how many people are still convinced that Fitz and Mack is a thing that will happen.

That Taskmaster though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That last scene between Lincoln and Hive was terrific. And here you guys thought we wouldn't get any more references to civil ward.

It fell flat for me solely because his big magnanimous vision for the world was to transform everyone into Putties. If he had pushed for the doctor to make them real inhumans it would have been okay, but he just saw the abominations and went: this is fine, time to bomb planet.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Happy with the outcome. Thought Linc was annoying (don't even know why) anyway, glad Yo-Yo gets to stay for a while and wondering how they'll make her not OP as fuck. Not a super fan of the Quake stuff now, but whatever.
Finally hopefully done with the big Inhumans arc maybe?

Wonder where the show goes from here, everything seems a bit messed up and I'm kinda hoping for more actual SHIELD spy stuff. First episode had some of that so I'm optimistic.

Oh well. The people I rooted for survived, the people who annoyed me died. I'm good.

It fell flat for me solely because his big magnanimous vision for the world was to transform everyone into Putties. If he had pushed for the doctor to make them real inhumans it would have been okay, but he just saw the abominations and went: this is fine, time to bomb planet.

I can agree with that. A more interesting and (sort of) grey area they could have taken it is if they had improved the formula to a point where people were properly transformed, but there was like a 10-25% margin of error where they either turned in to putties or were melted ala the first batch. I could see regular humans wanting to join him for that chance even with that possibility which could have been interesting. Good people might even want to join that cause if they were desperate or sick or something. At least even his own lieutenants were questioning whether it was really a good idea or not lol.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26197/marvels_agents_of_shield_deploy_to_lego_marvels_avengers

The latest DLC pack for “LEGO Marvel’s Avengers” brings Daisy, Lincoln, Fitzsimmons, and more to the LEGO adventure from developer Traveller’s Tales. Recruit the agents to your roster, get everybody on the Bus, and relive the thrilling events leading up to the season two finale of the hit TV series “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Guess I'm buying Lego Avengers!!

573e1523dcf11.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I can agree with that. A more interesting and (sort of) grey area they could have taken it is if they had improved the formula to a point where people were properly transformed, but there was like a 10-25% margin of error where they either turned in to putties or were melted ala the first batch. I could see regular humans wanting to join him for that chance even with that possibility which could have been interesting. Good people might even want to join that cause if they were desperate or sick or something. At least even his own lieutenants were questioning whether it was really a good idea or not lol.

That would have been better. The scene itself was good, it just didn't feel earned.

That would have been better. The scene itself was good, it just didn't feel earned.

When Hive was unable to infect Daisy due to Lash, it made me think of FitzSimmons possibly using Daisy's blood as a vaccine to Hive's sway. Of course it would only apply if Hive survived and escaped.

Khaz

I seem to recall that the formula could still reveal potential inhumans. It's just that humans without the X-gene
I know
would be turned into primitives.

WalshyB

I actually really like this show, I'll be sad if S4 is the last one. It has it's ups and downs but when it has it's ups, it's really fucking good.

I hope Hive returns in some way, holy shit they nailed the look

I think he accepted that his plan was fucked when the two Kree were killed and daisy was taken. The formula didn't work. He had neither the time nor the technology to actually turn all of earth's population into Inhumans. Alpha Primitives were the best he would get and they would still serve as a decent enough workforce for whatever he would plan next.

Once daisy was gone he basically lost. The rest of what he was doing was to stop the immediate threat from SHIELD.

It was slightly anticlimactic but nowhere near as bad as Whitehall just getting shot and dying after a season worth of teasing his ability to survive anything.

The only outright shitty thing about what happened to Hive was that he was only unmasked for one brief fucking scene. They at least could have kept him in his real form for the rest of the episode, but obviously budget prevents that.

I actually really enjoyed the finale. Can't wait to see where next season goes with less inhuman stuff going on. Hopefully it doesn't become a mini ultron saga with the LMDs. Any idea when the next season will start?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I actually really enjoyed the finale. Can't wait to see where next season goes with less inhuman stuff going on. Hopefully it doesn't become a mini ultron saga with the LMDs. Any idea when the next season will start?
Most likely September, it's when the first three seasons started airing.

I actually really like this show, I'll be sad if S4 is the last one. It has it's ups and downs but when it has it's ups, it's really fucking good.

I hope Hive returns in some way, holy shit they nailed the look

I love the show too but given the ratings Season 4 is probably the last we will get

Apoc29

Coulson: Our fellow agents have been turned into primitives!

Mack: Which ones?

Coulson: I don't know. I don't think any of them had names.

Simmons: I ran some diagnostics...it appears that those of us with names are the only ones who managed to not be affected by the gas!

Coulson: Grab everyone you recognize and meet me in the bunker! We need to protect every named character in this base!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kind of a hodgepodge of feelings about that finale, but I enjoyed it overall. I think the 6 months later stuff wasn't handled very well at all and that soured me on an otherwise good finale. I guess it was intentionally supposed to be disorienting coming off of the weight of all the other stuff in that episode, but I would rather have had some better closure after Daisy lost Lincoln. At the very least a reaction from Coulson.

Upon rewatch, it's not so bad, and I think it makes for a more interesting Secret Warriors buildup, although I expected them to do more with that this season and actually build a permanent team and they didn't. Now they have to go through building up a few more Lincolns again, I guess? I guess at the very least it will be different from Daisy's perspective as a leader, and she will become more like Coulson now that she's away from him.

Saw it in another thread and decided to track it down myself: here's Chloe expressing her frustration that the movie MCU doesn't acknowledge their show at the timestamp. Seems pretty mild/in Chloe's sense of humour.

They mentioned the Sokovia accords once.

By once you mean people were actually making a drinking game out of how many times it got namedropped that episode.

The episode also opened with a news report stating that Steve Rogers was on the run and they spent the first several minutes of the episode talking about what it meant that the Avengers were fracturing.

I enjoyed the season finale much more than I expected; the situation after the time jump is much more interesting than Agents of SHIELD has ever been.

Everyone's probably right about the cancellation, the MCU never performed well on ABC and I expect the entire thing to be retconned. Phil Coulson's dead, SHIELD doesn't exist, no one's ever heard of the Inhumans and Hive never happened.

I really like that Agents of SHIELD feels like it keeps changing, don't even wait for a whole season to finish before they change focus. for example, I know it's only been 3 season, but it really felt like 5 season at least. season 2 and 3 felt more like 4 smaller season, each with their own story focus. it make the whole show feel so epic. Fitz brain problem is only last season, but I already looked back at that time with some nostalgia. like looking at Fitz now, you think about how much he's been through.

I hope season 4 is not the last season, I want this series to last as long as MCU lasts.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I really like that Agents of SHIELD feels like it keeps changing, don't even wait for a whole season to finish before they change focus. for example, I know it's only been 3 season, but it really felt like 5 season at least. season 2 and 3 felt more like 4 smaller season, each with their own story focus. it make the whole show feel so epic. Fitz brain problem is only last season, but I already looked back at that time with some nostalgia. like looking at Fitz now, you think about how much he's been through.

I hope season 4 is not the last season, I want this series to last as long as MCU lasts.

I like how he went from being unable to come up with cloaking tech to having a cloaked gun in the finale.

I also like how Daisy is basically evolving every season and taking on different names and will finally be Quake in Season 4.

Based on my gut feeling, the director is probably not someone from the team and that might be a contributing factor to why Daisy is no longer with SHIELD. And maybe also the Sokovia Accords.

anaron

I don't think anyone is convinced anymore.

and the show sucks for it

kirblar

I don't think anyone is convinced anymore.

and the show sucks for it
They clearly jettisoned that between seasons, and I suspect it isn't as innocuous as what happened on Justified (where they realized they never actually paid attention to the supporting cast and they wouldn't be able to do it justice.)

kirblar

Wait, what?
Remember that episode early on where Raylan/Winona are trying to be low key and then they realize Tim's at the same bar? Tim's with another guy. On its own it's nothing, but in the context of a lot of the stuff on the show in that time period (Quarles' rent boys, the story w/ Tim's military buddy who gets killed) there were definitely overtones that you could pick up on. He got written with a sexuality of "neutral" for the first few seasons.

They openly admitted post-show it was something they were setting up but dropped because they weren't spending any time with the supporting cast.

Amazing end to the season, was bummed that it was Lincoln in the ship and not one of the main cast, but I guess it was inevitable they'd take the easy route and get rid of Linc rather than Fitz or Simmons or even Daisy.

Top Bottom