• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hope Radcliffe continues to be an interesting character next season. I was kind of surprised they kept him around/moved him into a less antagonist role. He never seemed evil, but having him be buddies/colleagues with Fitz is not something I expected.
To be fair, he was already starting to hit it off with FitzSimmons at his underground club before Hive and Daisy crashed the meeting.

Fathead

No matter what happens, if the show is canceled or whatever, it will have always given me Shotgun Axe. For that, this show will always be awesome to me.

Guessing new director is Talbot or someone new, I can't see anyone working with Coulson take over.

I was happy it wasn't Fitz or Simmions that died nice to finally see them actually not get fucked over in a season finale.

Overall it was a mixed season, I liked the idea of Hive but he just never seemed that powerful ultimately, the biggest thing he did was possess Daisy but that didn't even last very long. I thought Brett acted the character out well but I wish there had been more of Ward in the character.

Africanus

Nah, I think that's fair. The first half of S3 was much better than the second half. Similarly, the first half of S1 — the first two-thirds, really — is a totally different ballgame from the second half (or last third) of S1.

S2 was consistently good throughout, aside from the one goofy episode where Daisy's dad assembles a team of budget villains to have a showdown on Coulson's high school football field.

Which was still a great episode because the budget villains all recognized the absurdity of their team.
In terms of SHIELD silliness, that one was effective.

a33527c273f5112dd99a7a93e5f0a068.jpg

Carbonox

Can I just say how fucking good Hive's real face looked. After the back of it was shown earlier in the season I expected something terrible but it reminded me of a long haired Garrus from Mass Effect and I LOVED it.

If only we saw his whole body, even for a second.

Great finale and I'm excited to see Daisy's new role now.

duckroll

Guessing new director is Talbot or someone new, I can't see anyone working with Coulson take over.

Can't see Talbot taking over SHIELD. He's an army guy, not a spymaster. I actually wouldn't be surprised if May is the director now, given how the show likes to play up gender dynamics. With Daisy on the run now, they'll need another female anchor in the base.

I feel like if that Inhumans movie ever happens and she's not involved with it in some way, then they might as well just stop making a point to have MCU TV series.

I'd wager to eat a crow live on tv that if that movie ever actually does get made it won't acknowledge SHIELD in any way. It'll be all royal family stuff with their own history, completely disconnected from earth stuff. When they do eventually go to earth they'll just pretend like no other inhumans exist outside of some generic line like in Civil War of their being "other" superpowered people.

Can't see Talbot taking over SHIELD. He's an army guy, not a spymaster. I actually wouldn't be surprised if May is the director now, given how the show likes to play up gender dynamics. With Daisy on the run now, they'll need another female anchor in the base.

Here's hoping that Cobie Smulders decided that she wants back on TV and Maria Hill is the new Director.

Seigyoku

guys

guys

We went through an ENTIRE season, and never changed the thread title?

WHAT IS THIS?

(Life related side note, I've also spent this entire season recovering from the triple fracture of my ankle, huh.)

So since I typically watch this show on Wednesdays, I have this constant issue where I'll go to some site, where I don't expect anyone to bring up AoS and BAM, I will have some major plot point revealed. Like Daisy being the one infected by Hive... So I spend today (when awake and not dealing with headaches) avoiding pretty much everything that could POSSIBLY show me a headline and spoil things and I manage to avoid everything yay! Watch both episodes and then go online and... like run into zero spoilers? Again, WHAT IS THIS?

Final note - the two episode contained so so so soooo many echos to the entire Captain America trilogy (which I have watched and rewatched, oh a few times recently) that it was really starting to get ridiculous at the end.

inky

Hunter gone from the show (at least for these last few eps), Lincoln died, Daisy with new, interesting outfits.

They must read my posts here.

anaron

in a perfect world my ideal wishlist for S4

Maria Hill as director.

Bobbi back as costumed Mockingbird. Without Hunter

Manifold and Druid compete the Secret Warriors in episode 1, are full time regulars.

Daisy and Coulson take a backseat, FitzSimmons break up, Daisy cuts her hair SHORT.

Jacosta + Graviton.

diaspora

in a perfect world my ideal wishlist for S4

Maria Hill as director.

Bobbi back as costumed Mockingbird. Without Hunter

Manifold and Druid compete the Secret Warriors in episode 1, are full time regulars.

Daisy and Coulson take a backseat, FitzSimmons break up, Daisy cuts her hair SHORT.

Jacosta + Graviton.

Karnak pls

neorej

ERMYGERD!
RIP Magnoto, at least Not-Gambit survives to be surly another day.

Now that it's over, it's funny to see that Hive was more or less Apocalypse done better than in actual X-Men Apocalypse. Hell even his respective goofy blue design ended up looking better than the Ivan Ooze design.

QXKKGTx.png

He didn't have Apocalypse's power set, but he did have the being thousands of years old, turning characters into his servants and wanting to remake the world in his image to bring peace plan, etc, parts.

Hive was amazingly well done, I think this was better than the rear-shot at Malick's place. SFX this episode were pretty good, overall. It was like the showrunners went to Marvel and told them "here's what we want to do, we need more money." and Marvel was all like "sure, and here's ILM number, they can do that Squidward thingy with their Davy Jones tech they got on a shelve".

dabig2

Riveting finale. Decent season as well despite some of the complaints. I rather have this on television than not have it all things considered. It does a lot of good things the other comic shows don't do like having Bear McGodreary and diverse locales (I'm damn tired of Vancouver).

Thank god Lincoln is dead. You had a couple standout moments there towards the end of the season but you were always the red haired child of the ensemble cast. BOOOOO at Ward finally biting it though. Loved him ever since he turned evil. Quite funny how the show killed of Daisy's 2 love interests with finality at the same time there! Oh, and street punk Daisy is best Daisy. Be still my beating heart. Hope she keeps that guise on in S4. And FUCK YEAH at Batiatus staying and looking to have an expanded role next season. Makes up for them wasting Xena and so many other great actors (like Brad fucking Dourif).

And I definitely need to give the ABC interns some dap for creating legit newspaper articles. Usually when you pause to look at things like that it's full of gibberish because no one outside of nerds and autistic people would give a damn about such a quick cut - then again I guess that makes up the dwindling viewership of this show :(

Onto S4! Hopefully the powers-that-be allow them to connect a bit more with the MCU and hopefully they don't get cancelled. There's so much material for them to work with and the characters are all still great and enjoyable to watch.

A corrupted SHIELD playing the role of the bad guy in S4 would be cool. Still have the good guys attached working from the inside though. Basically the same idea as The Division in Nikita from a few years ago.

Also, seeing as Person of Interest in ending, go ahead and bring Amy Acker back. Find some way to make her character from S1 relevant in the modern storyline. She can be an Inhuman... simple.

KevinCow

Banned
I just realized this show wrote off 4 of its 10 characters in one season. That's almost half its cast.

Are they going to add new characters next season, or just be content with the six remaining characters?

I just realized this show wrote off 4 of its 10 characters in one season. That's almost half its cast.

Are they going to add new characters next season, or just be content with the six remaining characters?

It's possible for Hunter and Mockingbird to be written back in since the reason they were written out didn't actually get off the ground.

Yeah, I'm betting it's May. Makes too much sense not to be.

Qvoth

finally watched the last 2 episodes
shed a tear for lincoln
wtzgU.gif

his last scene with ward being calm and just talking was cool though
i have a feeling may is the new director of shield

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
May does not seem like Director material in the slightest. She's just a soldier, not a leader. She also has practically zero personality. Even Coulson chose Mack when he needed someone to take over when going after Ward.

Aiii

So not worth it
They need to stop introducing characters. I care nothing about the religions chick, so when she was shot zi was relieved instead of scared. I cared just as little about Lincoln that I felt worse about saying goodbye to Fward then I did about Lincoln dying (which feels more like complete apathy).

They did a poor job at making me care about anyone introduced post-S1 except shrink guy.

Also, I have no idea what any of these people's names are, for some reason.

They need to stop introducing characters. I care nothing about the religions chick, so when she was shot zi was relieved instead of scared. I cared just as little about Lincoln that I felt worse about saying goodbye to Fward then I did about Lincoln dying (which feels more like complete apathy).

They did a poor job at making me care about anyone introduced post-S1 except shrink guy.

Also, I have no idea what any of these people's names are, for some reason.

"religions chick" = Yo-Yo (or Elena, but no one called her that)
"shrink guy" = Andrew

Top Bottom