• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sorry about trying to arrest your alien boyfriend, how about i make it up to you by playing this piece of advertisement.

I imagine that Daisy could have brought down the building if she wanted to.

Epcott

Simmons: "But... I left my wallet, in El Segundo!"

One way or another, there was no way that portal business would've been resolved so quickly.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sets are too expensive to only use once, y'all!
And is Secret Warriors happening or not?! I WANT MY SUPERS TEAM.

mreddie

Very good episode, Coulson selling out is jarring but as he said, he's tired of fighting with people.

Looks like we're getting Blanka Lash back.

Also, WHY JEMMA?

The portal stone is so tiny now, how is she going to get back? Is Kate Austen Hope Van Dyne gonna show up as WASP and go through the portal that way?

Not feeling this season
Highlight for me was the Fight Club scene

Really thought this is season is Coulson's team going around the world recruiting Inhumans not this petty fight between agency

That LASH lol
And people want Rocket Racoon and Groot appearance lol

kirblar

This season is heavily serialized in a weird way- it's a bunch of ongoing stories with little/no interconnectivity where the characters are kinda quarantined. It's different, but I think it's doing a number on the punchiness of each individual ep, since everything's moving forward incrementally. It's something you'd expect to see more on a soap or drama like ER.

hvgIIdS.jpg

mm04

Simmons voice was so soft the entire episode prior to that last scene. It really makes you want to protect and shelter her because she sounds so fragile. Along with the natural look makeup job they did on her, she seemed like a completely different person. She knocked it out of the park tonight. Fitzsimmons best actors on the show!

duckroll

The Fitz/Simmons stuff was pretty good. The Hunter/May stuff was great. The Daisy/Lincoln stuff was okay. The Coulson/Rosaline stuff was AWFUL. I don't know why they would go in this direction, but it sucks. He shouldn't be working with them so easily, he shouldn't be selling his people out without a backup plan, and I don't even understand the thing with the snipers. Daisy's powers have a range limit? What? She moved a mountain last season. Literally! Boo!

I lol'd hard at Lincoln's power exhibition throughout the episode though. It looked like they were going out of their way to showcase all the different stupid ways his abilities could be harnessed. Really... silly.

I lol'd hard at Lincoln's power exhibition throughout the episode though. It looked like they were going out of their way to showcase all the different stupid ways his abilities could be harnessed. Really... silly.
Yeah.
That bit in the beginning with the power lines looked like a sparkler shower. Was pretty lame..until that last part in the apartment.
Please be impressed..lol.

Quick

Banned
I'm not convinced Coulson made this deal without a plan.

FitzSimmons stuff has been the most intriguing, so far. With seemingly longer-term repercussions.

Coulson's partnership with the ATCU seems like it might lead into some Civil War stuff. Season 2 made a big deal out of SHIELD's Index, and it's been quiet so far on that end, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back as one of the storylines to lead into Civil War.

Hunter/May team-up was good. Hunter will probably get outed in the next couple of episodes being tied with May since she pretty much described herself to the guys she beat up (not that it was needed). She made a lot of noise. Preview spoiler:
Based on the preview for the next episode, it seems like they're already ready to either move quickly with the Hunter/Ward storyline, or end it.

Mariolee

Episode was pretty good, though I much more enjoyed Flash this week which is a bit of the reverse of last week. Felt bad for Lincoln killing his friend but Lincoln himself hasn't really become much more compelling so I don't really feel for him. He also reminds me of a weird version of Grant Gustin from The Flash. Does no one else see this?

Thought the ep was kinda weak overall. Nothing really happened, it feels like.

Episode was pretty good, though I much more enjoyed Flash this week which is a bit of the reverse of last week. Felt bad for Lincoln killing his friend but Lincoln himself hasn't really become much more compelling so I don't really feel for him. He also reminds me of a weird version of Grant Gustin from The Flash. Does no one else see this?

Haha I thought the same thing. "He looks like Grant Gustin's scruffier brother". :D

Quick

Banned
By the way, anybody else find Coulson's robot arm looking off? Not in the in-universe "it's a fake hand!" way, but more on costume design. The rubber glove makes it look really goofy, and the left arm looks longer than the right. It looks like he's ready to clean something. They could've just had him wear a slimmer solid black glove instead.

duckroll

Production design isn't really AoS' strong suit, so I think I'm just used to shit like that. Let's not forget how bad Deathlok still looks. Lol.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me how Simmons survived months on an alien planet with no food and probly very little water? You think she would be extr6mely malnourished at least.

Maybe there was some calorific but addictive vegetation there and that's why she has to go back. She's not suffering from PTSD but withdrawal :p

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Hopefully Ward goes to hire Donald Gill and find Ian Quinn for his Gravitonium for Hydra. Seriously maybe its time we tie up these 2 loose ends.

Top Bottom