• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

Slacka

And why did I not know of these podcasts until now? This should be put in the OT asap.
http://marvel.com/podcasts/14/this_week_in_marvels_agents_of_shield.

So many times this! Wonder how I managed to not hear about this podcast until now.

Does look like there are 2 missing episodes though (no link, and they don't seem to exist if trying to go direct to the file name)

Would love to know if anyone knows of anywhere that still has episodes 9 and 10 available.

*edit*

Scratch that, must have typo'd, they are there at the following links for anyone looking.

http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_shield_9.mp3 - Brett Dalton
http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_shield_10.mp3 - DJ Doyle

Also this week's episode to coincide with episode 3 is already there on the server, they just didn't link to it yet

http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/mcom_this_week_shield_27.mp3 - Luke Mitchell

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So, Episode 5 is titled
4,722 Hours
which I converted to
6.5 months, has Jemma been away that long? O_O

from five pages back:

There's oddly no synopsis yet (ABC normally releases them on Monday afternoons these days), but the title of the next episode is
"4,722 Hours," which sounds like it'll deal with Simmons' time on the alien planet.

But that's
almost 197 days, about 6½ months, but the showrunners said the hiatus only lasted about three months!
wtf

It does seem to conflict with what the showrunners said in an interview, but whatever.

So if Age of Ultron happened on its release day in the U.S., that would be May 1, and it lasted a couple days. Agents of SHIELD season two episode 20 happened right after AoU's conclusion. Episodes 20 through 22 only transpired over a few days probably, so let's say Jemma got snatched by the obelisk on about May 5.

Now if 197 days refers to the time Jemma was on the other planet until Fitz rescued her, that means Fitz rescued her in season three episode two on about Nov. 18. Seems kinda far in the future.

If we go by AoU's European release date, April 22, that puts Jemma's rescue on Nov. 8. A little better, although I'd been under the impression that the season three episodes we've been watching took place in September or October.

Hopefully the next couple episodes will give us more explanations for this.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Regarding the timeline discussion, on episode 26 of the podcast Iain said that it's a six months gap between seasons 2 and 3.

dabig2

I hope the alien planet pays off. Marvel space universe is huge, even with Fox holding a large part of it. There's also a lot of freedom with going cosmic inside the MCU, where it's still in its infancy.

Holding out hope that this weapon was skrull in nature, and that she was transported to one of their worlds in the Tarnax system. I mean, we've already seen the kree and I think it's time for the skrulls to get some love. Fox be damned.

Maybe already posted, but S1 Blu-Ray is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy for $25.

S2 still expensive as fuck, though.

They'll pay me $25 to take one off their hands? Double that and throw in a free biohazard suit to help with safe disposal and I'd consider it.

Not a surprise that the actually watchable season is holding its price better.

Slacka

Should I feel insulted they felt the need to subtitle two englishmen talking when I understood every word they said?

The visual gag of subtitling the "drunk" guys despite them being fully understandable was amusing enough for what it was, the thing that has been bothering me far more since the season started is some of the stuff they have had Hunter saying so far, its like the script writers have been watching an Austin Powers marathon to write his dialogue.

The alarm bells first rang for me in episode one with the sentence "shagging on the regular" and it has just seemed to get worse from there, to the point I am fully cringe watching all scenes with Hunter in them now as they dredge up the old favourite antiquated typical cockney words every american show writer seems to think English people use, but that no actual English person ever uses unless in jest.

Just disappoints me that an English actor can actually do scenes like that with a straight face and not point out to someone that no-one over here actually speaks like that.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
The visual gag of subtitling the "drunk" guys despite them being fully understandable was amusing enough for what it was, the thing that has been bothering me far more since the season started is some of the stuff they have had Hunter saying so far, its like the script writers have been watching an Austin Powers marathon to write his dialogue.

The alarm bells first rang for me in episode one with the sentence "shagging on the regular" and it has just seemed to get worse from there, to the point I am fully cringe watching all scenes with Hunter in them now as they dredge up the old favourite antiquated typical cockney words every american show writer seems to think English people use, but that any actual English person never uses unless in jest.

Just disappoints me that an English actor can actually do scenes like that with a straight face and not point out to someone that no-one over here actually speaks like that.

Spot on, I feel the same. Does feel a little insulting but I see why they play it up a little. Hunter wearing a tracksuit was great though.

Joni

Maybe already posted, but S1 Blu-Ray is on sale at Amazon and Best Buy for $25.

S2 still expensive as fuck, though.

If you shut down your Blu-Ray player while playing the Blu-Ray, does it restart from where you left off? Just got just about all Marvel movie Blu-Rays and I'm annoyed that they don't have it. DVDs remain superior on that angle.

If you shut down your Blu-Ray player while playing the Blu-Ray, does it restart from where you left off? Just got just about all Marvel movie Blu-Rays and I'm annoyed that they don't have it. DVDs remain superior on that angle.

Some do, some don't. I have no idea what determines whether they have feature though.

And no idea on SHIELD, don't actually have the Blu-Ray yet to test out.

Khaz

Isn't that a feature of the drive, not the disc? At least on DVD it is.

Joni

Some do, some don't. I have no idea what determines whether they have feature though.
Think it is patent stuff, apparantly Iron Man 3 does have it. Hopefully the next ones have too. I'm going through them chronologically; well skipping Avengers.

And no idea on SHIELD, don't actually have the Blu-Ray yet to test out.
Too bad. Usually end up buying TV stuff on DVD so it doesn't matter too much.

Isn't that a feature of the drive, not the disc? At least on DVD it is.
PS3 can do it for both. Someone just has the patent on the Blu-Ray restart option.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 4 "Devils You Know"

Having reluctantly agreed to share information with Rosalind and the ATCU, Coulson and the team go in search for the Inhuman who is killing off other Inhumans, and May feels that Hunter’s mission to take down Ward is getting too personal.

anaron

that promo pic of Lash released today :X

I don't know why they even bothered such a character if they weren't certain they'd nail the look.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
that promo pic of Lash released today :X

I don't know why they even bothered such a character if they weren't certain they'd nail the look.
It looks like something out of Buffy or Angel. Something that would have been good back in 2006.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wonder if May or Hunter dies?

Can't see them killing Ward. I can see Ward killing May's ex-husband though.

kirblar

They're both plot-armored, May cause she's one of the 3 leads and is the biggest name on the show, Hunter because he's got the spinoff.

Slacka

Clark Gregg has top billing on this show. Ming-Na Wen is second. Chloe Bennett's probably third.

She has always been 4th billed each episode.

Billing since season one has always been Clark Gregg first, Ming-Na Wen second, Brett Dalton third, Chloe Bennett fourth, Iain De Caestecker 5th, Elizabeth Henstridge 6th.

Season 2 added Nick Blood in 7th and Adrianne Paklicki in 8th, then as of season 3 Henry Simmons in 9th and Luke Mitchel in 10th.

Top Bottom