• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S3 |OT| Earthquakes Make Me Daisy - Tuesdays 9/8c

kurahador

Were definitely PS4 controllers, just finished watching.

Another solid episode.

NRkTxZM.jpg

Left side is X1 controller.
Xbox One controller looks similar to Dual Shock from the trigger button side due to the lack of bumps.

Hyun Sai

I really don't feel this season. I really hope some interesting characters appear soon to replace those we lost (grey Ward, Raina, Cal), I'm getting bored by the current roster.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
NRkTxZM.jpg

Left side is X1 controller.
Xbox One controller looks similar to Dual Shock from the trigger button side due to the lack of bumps.

Pretty sure you could see the lightbar of the DS4 though, it threw me off as there was no light

doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things though lol

Aaaaaah yiiiiiis!!! My bae is back! :3 (Just got done with episode 2)

edit: Jesus christ, isn't Hunter suppose to be a freak trained agent?! Dude is getting his ass stomped! Good gawd!

edit2: Ugh this Fitz/Simmons thing, ugh. UGH

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
legit teared up at the Fitz/Simmons dinner
Both actors are so good. At the start of the show you'd never expect to see these two characters become so broken. Every scene with FitzSimmons feels earned and resonates emotionally, I'm glad they're still doing a good job with them.

Agree with the usage of Lincoln. When he was first introduced he was just another pretty Inhuman face. Daisy's training was done by Jiaying so Lincoln was regulated to potential love interest.

Now they're trying to scruff him up and make him a damaged individual but it doesn't really work. He's a doctor one episode, and a recovered alcoholic in the next. I agree that they need him interacting with more people than just Daisy.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD adds Powers Boothe

https://marvel.com/news/tv/25289/marvels_agents_of_shield_adds_powers_boothe?linkId=17977101

Powers Boothe (“Sin City,” “Deadwood,” “Nashville”) has joined “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” in a recurring role as Gideon Malick, a notorious man whose loyalties remain a mystery. Boothe previously appeared in “Marvel’s The Avengers” as a member of the World Security Council.

“Gideon is incredibly menacing and in him we have a character that even the stone-cold Grant Ward would fear,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Only someone of Powers’ caliber could deliver the type of ominous and powerful performance we needed.”

anaron

YES

I was disappointed he was absent from the council in WS. Glad he's still around and making his subsequent appearance after the avengers in here. :)

There are still people who actually believe fitz and mack being a couple is a thing.
wanting them to explore a relatioship isn't the same as believing them to be in one.

edit: Jesus christ, isn't Hunter suppose to be a freak trained agent?! Dude is getting his ass stomped! Good gawd!
Yeah that bothered me a little bit, but I don't think he ever worked for SHIELD. He was always a merc as far as I know. Probably in the military before that. He seemed really reluctant to fight that guy, too.

It was an X1 controller. No lightbar, also when he handed Daisy the controller you could see how the handle was shaped like X1 controller.

b00313c2c208fdcc6bae5215ec3a0512.png

997ec2e5d50fbf5264d2d347fabe4a38.png

Question: When did Fitz get "fixed"? Guess I'm forgetting that moment from last season?

Mariolee

It was an X1 controller. No lightbar, also when he handed Daisy the controller you could see how the handle was shaped like X1 controller.

b00313c2c208fdcc6bae5215ec3a0512.png

997ec2e5d50fbf5264d2d347fabe4a38.png

Question: When did Fitz get "fixed"? Guess I'm forgetting that moment from last season?

It was a gradual change for sure, which I liked for how well acted and realistic it was. He still stutters more than normal now and again which may be an aftereffect of his mental issues, but I think losing Gemma really pushed him to not only ne fixed but become more brave and a better Fitz.

It was a gradual change for sure, which I liked for how well acted and realistic it was. He still stutters more than normal now and again which may be an aftereffect of his mental issues, but I think losing Gemma really pushed him to not only ne fixed but become more brave and a better Fitz.

Over time thing, ok. I was like "Did I miss something?". Especially since no one really saying nething about it. I can live with that.

Fuu

Yeah, it was gradual and he still slips here and there. He actually alluded to his recovery in this episode, while he was helping Bobbi with her exercises:

Bobbi: "I'd give anything to be in the field."
Fitz: "Rehab is the antithesis of exciting... I'm well-aware, but it's worth it. You notice I was able to say 'antithesis'."

Yeah, it was gradual and he still slips here and there. He actually alluded to his recovery in this episode, while he was helping Bobbi with her exercises:

Bobbi: "I'd give anything to be in the field."
Fitz: "Rehab is the antithesis of exciting... I'm well-aware, but it's worth it. You notice I was able to say 'antithesis'."
Yeah I really liked that exchange

Were they mentioning her controlled blasts?

We don't even know why she wore the gauntlets in the first episode yet. We have no idea what the limits of her powers are, but I would assume her directed and focused blasts have a limit. I doubt she'd want to bring down multiple buildings in a city just to get rid of a few snipers.

Episode two pretty much solidified how we know jack about her power limits. In episode one she wore gauntlets, but not in episode two where she was able to tune a specific frequency and maintain said frequency in order to open a portal to another planet.

So yup

One of the weaker episodes since S1 IMO. The back and forth with the negotiation scene kinda lost its tension by having Coulson and Rosalind just standing there talking to each other. And having her strike team just stand around as Lincoln escaped made them a lot less threatening.

I also don't know wtf was going on with May's outfit this episode, what's with the heavy eyeliner and leather wrist warmers??

Watching Hunter get his ass kicked was fun at first and then went on way too long. Dude did not look right at the end of the episode lol, kinda expected ward to be standing right there and off him.

And man, Lincoln is a shitty character. Was hoping this would be the end of his arc on the run and they could move on to something cooler than Poor Man's Cole McGrath.

Lots of table setting this episode, and some cringe-worthy dialogue. Fitz and Simmons were the saving grace for me.

Slayven

Watching another show then watching this shows how far we have come portraying superpowers on tv. The other show is cheap effects and people waving their fingers like they are about caste a spell. So corny.

Nodnol

There's still no confirmation yet

Yeah I've just had a proper dig through; seems no one has officially announced they've picked it up, and IF C4 are still airing it, the rumour is they'll wait till next year and air it without a break.

Don't know what's worse, waiting till Spring 2016 or trying to watch episodes of ABC's website through a VPN (those adverts are beyond painful).

Fuu

Watching another show then watching this shows how far we have come portraying superpowers on tv. The other show is cheap effects and people waving their fingers like they are about caste a spell. So corny.
Chloe was talking about that in episode 25 of the This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. podcast, about how she and Luke Mitchell (Lincoln) spent a while together figuring out how to make the use of their powers particular, coming up with different details for their mannerisms so it wasn't just them randomly waving their hands, etc. Neat stuff.

Hmm, I wonder if this leads credence to the Marvel/Fox Fantastic Four deal rumors...

What, why? Even if anything was happening with that, the episode was written, titled and filmed well in advance of anything they could be doing with FF and Marvel.

Probably just a cheeky reference or something totally unintentional

I don't think they've ever referenced a comic story in an episode title before, so that's... interesting, especially given that the specific characters from that story are presumably unavailable.

Simmons has to be an alien. She was standing right where she needed to be to get rescued. And in the middle of a sandstorm.

Skrimmons it is.

Top Bottom