• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

"Also, what was up with Jemmas voice? she sounded different."

At the beginning of the episode she sounded extremely hoarse and by the end it had tapered off. I'm guessing that's intentional considering she was dead.

Someone on Twitter last night said she was sick during filming, but they ran with it, because it fit the episode.

Someone on Twitter last night said she was sick during filming, but they ran with it, because it fit the episode.

I was wondering the entire time. "How did she get her voice to be so naturally hoarse sounding? That's impressive!" xD
I'm glad this show is back again. Aida as Madame Hydra though...woof.

jph139

Damn that episode was good.

Fitz with his Nazi haircut and sadistic side. I'm curious what's up with Aida though... like, she's clearly Real World Aida having put herself "inside" of the framework to run things as Madame HYDRA. So why is she hooking up with Fitz? Is she acting on Real Fitz's desire to fuck a sexy robot, or is she acting on her real world desire to fuck Fitz? Weird either way.

Ward is the best, always the wildcard. His turn here is pretty believable - being absolutely dedicated to Garrett is the only reason he went HYDRA in the real world. I think he truly did have feelings for Skye, so a universe where they can stay together and build a real connection, I buy him going rogue for her.

So, here's the regrets: May having failed in Bahrain, Coulson becoming an agent, Fitz's father abandoning him. Mack's will be the death of his daughter, Mace's probably being a "fake hero."

Then for the timeline: the Bahrain incident happens around 2008, but the girl survives, and I figure the Cambridge incident happens by the end 2010. In the real world, HYDRA uses the Chitauri invasion in 2012 as a springboard for their coup attempt, but they move their timetable up since the Inhumans are revealed early. How convenient... the events of Iron Man take place in 2010, so they preempt/coincide!

So without Coulson, Stark dies. Banner is kicking it in Brazil. Cap is still on ice. When HYDRA starts their takeover, there's no one to fight them. Fury, Widow, and Hawkeye are probably liquidated. By the time the MCU really, truly begins with Fury's Big Week (Incredibly Hulk/Iron Man 2/Thor) in mid-2011, HYDRA has already instituted martial law and there's no heroes left to resist. Anything after that - Thor's arrival, Cap's discovery, the Chitauri - is easily wiped up by an international police state. (Though I'm curious if the Framework still has the Chitauri invading... even if Loki isn't the one leading the charge.)

Crazy how well it lines up. Not sure if it was all planned out meticulously or they just got lucky with it!

Damn that episode was good.

Fitz with his Nazi haircut and sadistic side. I'm curious what's up with Aida though... like, she's clearly Real World Aida having put herself "inside" of the framework to run things as Madame HYDRA. So why is she hooking up with Fitz? Is she acting on Real Fitz's desire to fuck a sexy robot, or is she acting on her real world desire to fuck Fitz? Weird either way.

Ward is the best, always the wildcard. His turn here is pretty believable - being absolutely dedicated to Garrett is the only reason he went HYDRA in the real world. I think he truly did have feelings for Skye, so a universe where they can stay together and build a real connection, I buy him going rogue for her.

So, here's the regrets: May having failed in Bahrain, Coulson becoming an agent, Fitz's father abandoning him. Mack's will be the death of his daughter, Mace's probably being a "fake hero."

Then for the timeline: the Bahrain incident happens around 2008, but the girl survives, and I figure the Cambridge incident happens by the end 2010. In the real world, HYDRA uses the Chitauri invasion in 2012 as a springboard for their coup attempt, but they move their timetable up since the Inhumans are revealed early. How convenient... the events of Iron Man take place in 2010, so they preempt/coincide!

So without Coulson, Stark dies. Banner is kicking it in Brazil. Cap is still on ice. When HYDRA starts their takeover, there's no one to fight them. Fury, Widow, and Hawkeye are probably liquidated. By the time the MCU really, truly begins with Fury's Big Week (Incredibly Hulk/Iron Man 2/Thor) in mid-2011, HYDRA has already instituted martial law and there's no heroes left to resist. Anything after that - Thor's arrival, Cap's discovery, the Chitauri - is easily wiped up by an international police state. (Though I'm curious if the Framework still has the Chitauri invading... even if Loki isn't the one leading the charge.)

Crazy how well it lines up. Not sure if it was all planned out meticulously or they just got lucky with it!
Damn that's true.

If coulson is not there , pepper never manages to escape the building with the ghost drive and nobody is there to help stark after he lost his ironman core since pepper never send help. Or maybe stark loses the fight since he couldn't blow up the research building by itself.

Or maybe there is nobody there to save stark in the desert? Or does the bounty on his head goes as planned ? A subtle change in the internationnal geopolitical state could be it.
This is so intresting.

Coulson not being an agent changes everything since he was probably the driving force looking for cap in ice too.

If thor got picked by hydra in the desert , loki is probably still in control in asgard , so there wouldn't be any need for a chitauri invasion.

Sadist

Man, why is it so good. This multi-arc approach is really doing some favours for this show. Loving it.

- Ward, always the double agent. "This is true hell" - Gemma
- Coulson, Tahitit is great. Sort off.
- May seems more detached.
- Gemma da mvp. Her crazy lady routine made her shine.
- Fitz stop being evil damnit. You're pretty enjoyable.
- Aida having a robo lady boner for Fitz doesn't surprise me. She always seems very eager to connect with him.

vivftp

I wonder when they will run into Radcliffe in the Framework. The version of him in there should know what Aida did to him, so I am guessing that is how they will figure out where everyone is

RS4-

Watched about 20-30 mins of Transformers Last Knight, thought it was Aida in it. Instead it's some other woman that looks like her lol.

Just caught this via ABC app. What a ride. End credits song was suitably eerie this week, too.

The Bill Paxton memorial card didn't show in the app. Does someone have it?

Nobility

Banned
That was...interesting.

I think Fitz will be the hardest to convert back. The man is living the life in this reality.

Too bad he's a genocidal, evil monster with no redeeming qualities...he got AIDA on lock doe.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(Though I'm curious if the Framework still has the Chitauri invading... even if Loki isn't the one leading the charge.)

I don't think it does. I feel like the Chitauri invade because Loki is defeated at the end of Thor, and goes up to Thanos like "hey guess what I found on Earth."

Thor is actually dead or in Hydra jail somewhere, since he came to Earth without his powers, and Loki is doing whatever on the throne of Asgard.

Volimar

That was...interesting.

I think Fitz will be the hardest to convert back. The man is living the life in this reality.

Too bad he's a genocidal, evil monster with no redeeming qualities...he got AIDA on lock doe.

Hell no. We'll get a few scary scenes with him threatening them and then Jemma will wake his ass up with an emotional appeal that will drive shippers into a frenzy.

Volimar

xEYBVN7.jpg

Quick

Banned
Just finished it.

Solid episode and very relevant to current events. Alternate reality stuff is always a subject that's interested me, and I'm really happy SHIELD's going balls out with it. I would've been happy with one episode, but a whole arc is great.

So, Madame Hydra is aware that Daisy and Simmons are actually not designed as part of the Framework. Does that make her an Aida avatar or is she Agnes. If the former, does Agnes still exist in the Framework or is she in a separate Framework world entirely?

Seeing Skyward is weird in actuality. Skymmons is the real deal though.

I hope they run into those two guards that were killed back in season 1 alive and well in the framework since they never woulda had the chance to kill 'em.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I was kinda assuming Agnes is off with Radcliffe somewhere since one of Aida's primary directives is to protect Radcliffe (as she can rationalize it) and keep him happy. That would mean giving him the memory of having always been with Agnes and the two of them living somewhere undisturbed.

Meanwhile Aida is playing Madame Hydra mostly because, within the Hydra narrative of the Framework, it's the most natural position of power and central control.

(The relationship with Fitz is probably the result of Aida's fixation with acquiring human emotions.)

Honestly I still wish there would be a swerve along the lines of Aida and the Framework having been corrupted by some Hydra element from a computer system which was co-opted to help run the Framework. It would just be really fun to see Zola show back up again.

Man, Aida with that smokey eye shadow tho, whew.

Such an amazing episode through and through. I would have loved to see a Ghost in the Shell show done by the same team.

IbukiLordSA

Great episode, Ward finally back. Interested to see how this all plays out.

Also on a side note, Daisy is beautiful, I've been watching this show since day one but this episode was the first time I stopped and thought to myself, damn this woman is really pretty, I don't know if it was the wet hair that did it but she looks amazing.

Pachimari

Fucking hell man, I never have dreams about anything I watch, but it so happened last night. I was watching the latest episode of Agents of Shield and it turns out the arc was the Avengers, and so Thor, Iron-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow turned up and it was so damn amazing. Mjolnir and the shield was in an elevator by themselves and right when we (yes I was also part of the show) were about to pick up the hammer, it flew straight to the left into the hand of Thor. And BAM there they stood. Thor, Cap America, Iron-Man and Hulk. Even Mjolnir woke up with some neon light blue lights on its surface making jokes with words and symbols. It was crazy.

Then I woke up, check this thread and was sad.

Even though it has been damn awesome this season.

Great episode. One question, when Jemma's in the car after climbing out of her shallow grave, she mentions something about computational stuff to the driver who then blanks out and suddenly there's a checkpoint.

That was the framework adjusting to create an obstacle right? Or maybe Ada wanted to stop Jemma?

Apoc29

If Aida was really in charge of the framework, wouldn't she be able to instantly take control of any NPC like Agent Smith? The only reasons I can think of why she wouldn't be able to are that it would make her too OP, or the NPCs aren't actually NPCs and are real people like Daisy/Jemma that are also trapped in the framework.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Damn that's true.

If coulson is not there , pepper never manages to escape the building with the ghost drive and nobody is there to help stark after he lost his ironman core since pepper never send help. Or maybe stark loses the fight since he couldn't blow up the research building by itself.

Or maybe there is nobody there to save stark in the desert? Or does the bounty on his head goes as planned ? A subtle change in the internationnal geopolitical state could be it.
This is so intresting.

Coulson not being an agent changes everything since he was probably the driving force looking for cap in ice too.

If thor got picked by hydra in the desert , loki is probably still in control in asgard , so there wouldn't be any need for a chitauri invasion.

Really good continuity by AOS. Powerless Thor isn't going to take out Hydra goons.

So is the Framework from the Darkhold as well?

I think it's inferred that AIDA and Radcliffe gained the knowledge to build the Framework from The Darkhold. I'm not sure if the Hydra twist is a result of the dark powers of the book or if it's purely a result of changing parts of reality (I.e. Coulson not being in SHIELD to bring the Avengers together) that allowed Hydra to take hold of the Framework reality.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think it's inferred that AIDA and Radcliffe gained the knowledge to build the Framework from The Darkhold. I'm not sure if the Hydra twist is a result of the dark powers of the book or if it's purely a result of changing parts of reality (I.e. Coulson not being in SHIELD to bring the Avengers together) that allowed Hydra to take hold of the Framework reality.

But if Coulson doesn't unite the Avengers, the result isn't that Hydra takes over SHIELD. The result is the Chitauri successfully invade Earth, Loki takes over the world and Thanos gets more Infinity Stones.

Hydra probably would be subjugated by Loki and not have a chance to assume control of the planet.

But if Coulson doesn't unite the Avengers, the result isn't that Hydra takes over SHIELD. The result is the Chitauri successfully invade Earth, Loki takes over the world and Thanos gets more Infinity Stones.

Hydra probably would be subjugated by Loki and not have a chance to assume control of the planet.

Thor most likely got killed or captured by Hydra so Loki have no reason to come to Earth.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thor most likely got killed or captured by Hydra so Loki have no reason to come to Earth.

But Hydra doesn't execute its master plan for taking over SHIELD until more than a year after Avengers and more than two years after Thor. Are you saying that some change in the Framework would have sped up Hydra's plan by more than two years?

Deadly

But Hydra doesn't execute its master plan for taking over SHIELD until more than a year after Avengers and more than two years after Thor. Are you saying that some change in the Framework would have sped up Hydra's plan by more than two years?
In the episode they said when May brought back the inhuman and the incident happened, it sped up their plan to do whatever they want

RobotVM

2008 incident sped it up. The little girl from Bahrain murders a bunch of kids in Boston. This allows Hydra to rise and purge inhumans.

You guys are reading way too much into the Framework. It's not an alternate reality, it's the Matrix, not Flashpoint.

Cap isn't around because they don't want him in the simulation. If he did show up, he could very well be Cap Hydra, it doesn't need to make sense, just "feel" like it does for the characters in it.

Also, Aida probably wants Fitz to think up some upgrades / tech, easiest way to gain his loyalty...

strafer

It just occured to me that this is the same season and not a new one, that means this storyline will end soon which sucks.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
In the episode they said when May brought back the inhuman and the incident happened, it sped up their plan to do whatever they want

2008 incident sped it up. The little girl from Bahrain murders a bunch of kids in Boston. This allows Hydra to rise and purge inhumans.

ah, OK. Sorry for missing that.

You guys are reading way too much into the Framework. It's not an alternate reality, it's the Matrix, not Flashpoint.

Cap isn't around because they don't want him in the simulation. If he did show up, he could very well be Cap Hydra, it doesn't need to make sense, just "feel" like it does for the characters in it.

Also, Aida probably wants Fitz to think up some upgrades / tech, easiest way to gain his loyalty...

Yeah, I suppose so.

It just occured to me that this is the same season and not a new one, that means this storyline will end soon which sucks.

There are six more hours left to the season. It's not that soon.

RobotVM

The good news is they still have a lot of story left even after they get out, as SHEILD headquarters has once again been destroyed and they need to rebuild.

Top Bottom