• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That iMac on top of Fitz's table with a visible Apple logo was pretty amusing considering every other gadget and electronic device in the episode had an Hydra logo covering the real one. Not sure if intentional or accidental.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So did we already get ratings on the latest episode ? Any Ward boost ?

That iMac on top of Fitz's table with a visible Apple logo was pretty amusing considering every other gadget and electronic device in the episode had an Hydra logo covering the real one. Not sure if intentional or accidental.

Not even Hydra could stop Apple ...lol.

idonteven

pls

This week, SHIELD got a 0.70

On Feb. 21, SHIELD got a 0.63

The season average is 0.75

There's no saving this show's ratings.

100c5d677cc28ea3f154c70d641f655b_meme-crying-gif-crying-gif-meme_620-340.gif

fuck

dorikyasu

Such a shame about the ratings.
At this point, I actually kind of want them to be stuck inside Framework.
Inside Framework, as they have shown, AoS can have all the freedom to do independent storylines, able to change existing characters, and incorporate other Marvel characters without having to break MCU continuity in real life.
The show could just continue on as series of "What If" episodes for a couple more seasons... or not.

Such a shame about the ratings.
At this point, I actually kind of want them to be stuck inside Framework.
Inside Framework, as they have shown, AoS can have all the freedom to do independent storylines, able to change existing characters, and incorporate other Marvel characters without having to break MCU continuity in real life.
The show could just continue on as series of "What If" episodes for a couple more seasons... or not.

This idea has a distinct lack of steaks.

What about moving the show to Netflix?

Not likely gonna happen for the same reason they passed on Agent Carter. They already have their own Marvel series and picking the series up globally is difficult because the international distribution rights are tied up with other networks.

Sir Doom

I really thought turning their member to their side will take longer, but then again there's only 6 episodes left
Go Ward

Thanks all, guess that makes sense.

I don't know why but she sounded sexier when she was sick. :p
Her throaty voice and civilian clothes she was hot

Dalek

Not likely gonna happen for the same reason they passed on Agent Carter. They already have their own Marvel series and picking the series up globally is difficult because the international distribution rights are tied up with other networks.

This is heartbreaking.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That was great! AoS still firing on all cylinders. Quick thoughts and impressions this time, 'cause it's late and I've got class in like 8 hours and I need to actually sleep sometime soon.

• Jemma was a Zombie for a while there. Neat.
  • Skyeward is the worst ship. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • Ward was great this episode, I totally called him being resistance when he punched Nadir in the face.
  • So, in HYDRAland it's legal to be an Inhuman, but illegal to actually go through Terrigenesis? Interesting concept. I'm guessing there was never an influx of Terrigen into the biosphere, like in the 'real world'.
  • Don't call them Nazis. That's bad branding. The Alt-HYDRA.
  • Speaking of Nazis, Fitz that haircut does not fit you at all.
  • So everyone's regrets: May = Bahrain, Coulson = Quiet life, Mack = Daughter didn't die, Mace = Not a 'real' hero(?), Fitz = Father skipped out on him.
  • A.I.D.A. as Madam Hydra's a neat concept. I wonder if she even has a name or if she inserted her avatar directly into the Framework into the positions with most power she could find.
  • Oh, those drones were dwarves! Remember those? Haven't seen those in a while.
  • "It's a magical place."
  • Jemma, screaming at people that they're errant bits of code will not endear them to you.
  • I'm guessing the resistance goes by S.H.I.E.L.D.. Neat concept.

Slacka

What about moving the show to Netflix?

I really do wonder if that is something they were aiming for with the declining live ratings whereas on demand and live+3 etc the show is outperforming virtually everything.

This season being split into 3 distinct 7-8 episode mini arcs almost feels like it could be a preemptive effort to shop the show out to somewhere like Netflix or Hulu and show what they could do if they were picked up for shorter and as such less costly runs by one of them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would happily take an 8 episode renewal on a streaming service over complete cancellation.

LionPride

Banned
Who else noticed Coulson putting shit into a dossier that was basically his life in the normal world? LA Quake, The cellist, Tahiti, Dr. Whatever Daisy's dad changed his name to, Felix Blake

Who else noticed Coulson putting shit into a dossier that was basically his life in the normal world? LA Quake, The cellist, Tahiti, Dr. Whatever Daisy's dad changed his name to, Felix Blake

That was a pretty big scene so I dunno how anyone could miss it lol, but yeah. Surely Project TAHITI has made his brain work differently in a way where the Framework's control has been faltering longer than the others. Makes sense why he'd be the first one to "wake up."

Series need to end in Coulson stepping up to be the director again, picking up the phone, and asking Stark for some money.

And Ward being uploaded into a PhD ;)

So going by how the framework has twisted people's regrets, Radcliffe is totally gonna be shacked up in a run down flat somewhere, happy he is with his ex but miserably struggling to make an honest living. Either that or he turns out to actually be Fitz's dad.

Was expecting them to leave Simmons' fate up in the air with Daisy working out she was buried and digging her out but in true AoS form it was resolved instantly.

Would a renewal announcement have happened by now?

LionPride

Banned
Also Madam Hydra Aida is just Aida, she's making sure Fitz doesn't look at pics of Jemma when she gets mentioned because that's his trigger, she is Aida

Also Madam Hydra Aida is just Aida, she's making sure Fitz doesn't look at pics of Jemma when she gets mentioned because that's his trigger, she is Aida

Yeah definitely, that was made clear when she confirmed she was the one that closed the exit loophole. She is fully aware that they hacked in. I love the direction this is going in.

Yeah I can see Fitz starting to investigate it behind Aida's back which ultimately leads him back to Gemma and remembering

I doubt that Daisy and Fitz's make shift hack into the Framework includes a nutrition system. They poop their pants.

So the question there becomes, how long can they stay plugged in without any sort of life support? They've already been in the Framework for a roughly 12 hour period by the end of the episode; unless there is some time dilation going on, their bodies should be starting to feel it pretty soon if not already.

So the question there becomes, how long can they stay plugged in without any sort of life support? They've already been in the Framework for a roughly 12 hour period by the end of the episode; unless there is some time dilation going on, their bodies should be starting to feel it pretty soon if not already.
Yeah but the framework is 1:1 with time, is it? When Aida puts Radcliffe in I swear she makes mention of him living in there for a long time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Btw, both Agnes and Radcliffe's consciousness are still in the Framework, right? I wonder if Aida let him live with her after she uploaded him. I wonder if he'll end up helping somehow.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I get the impression that time dilation is happening. Like, when you feel like you've spent days in your dream, but you wake up six hours after falling asleep.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Oh, I really liked the idea that in this HYDRA world, there's no smartphones. It makes sense, why would they want people to have their own personal, portable device that allows them to access info whenever they want? Say they hacked or jailbroke them, well, how can you be sure they're following the party line?

Neat detail, I think.

kirblar

Oh, I really liked the idea that in this HYDRA world, there's not smartphones. It makes sense, why would they want people to have their own personal, portable device that allows them to access info whenever they want? Say they hacked or jailbroke them, well, how can you be sure they're following the party line?

Neat detail, I think.
Think Russia or NK- the economy and innovation tanked under them.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Also (Sunil) Bakshi in the paper that Coulson was cutting.

SpaceWolf

Banned
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. EP Jed Whedon Says There Are No Current Plans To Cross Over With INHUMANS

Now that Marvel's Inhumans project has gone from being a film to a TV show, some have wondered if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would ever embrace any sort of crossover potential. However, according to showrunner Jed Whedon, it isn't in the cards...at least for now. “Without being able to say anything really about that show, it will have its own world, just as we tried to start our own world,” he said to Digital Spy and other media outlets. “Whether or not there’s a crossover, we will see.”

Whedon explained that while it's enjoyable to explore the connections of the MCU in different ways, he prefers Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be viewed as its own show without viewers being required to watch everything else to understand it. "Everything is connected, and that's fun to play with," Whedon said. "But the point of our show is to be our show, and we want our fans to be rewarded for watching it without having to watch everything else [...] But we also want there to be a bigger reward for people who watch all of them, so that they'll start to see that there's lines connecting it. It's more fun for people who are playing the whole game, but if you don't, you'll still have a great rollercoaster ride."

Personally, I think there's a perfectly logical basis for Agents of Shield not to attempt such a crossover.

The show won't continue to be on the air long enough for it to happen.

Top Bottom