• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

caliph95

Don't need to plan for crossovers if one of the shows have been cancelled
reece.JPG

So what he't trying to say is that the shows may not cross over, but some of the characters might?

but seriously, I'm really hoping this was a vague hint that AoS is getting a s5
and not just that Coulson, Daisy, Jemma & Fitz will be free to cameo on Inhumans since they won't have to worry about conflict of shooting schedules.

Platy

Interesting how this episode had lots of rhymes with one of Legends of Tomorrow last episodes.

Makes the fact that shield is a way better show even more visible

Is 100 episodes for syndication still a thing in the age of streaming? I vaguely remember something like back in the day. Maybe they're going to give a 10 episode final season to wrap it up.

I'm fairly certain season 4 alone pushed the show past the syndication episode count threshold. It's why season 4 was assured to happen regardless of how badly the ratings ended up falling.

Boem

Is 100 episodes for syndication still a thing in the age of streaming? I vaguely remember something like back in the day. Maybe they're going to give a 10 episode final season to wrap it up.

No these days 4 22-episode seasons is seen as the magic number. Most shows that are struggling towards the end are allowed to get that far to make for a better sales package for syndication (especially abroad). The 100 episode thing is from some years ago now.

error4041

I'm expecting a season 5 from the show, they might want to see how Inhumans and Agents of Shield does back to back. If they can get a Marvel block doing okay numbers, they might keep the show around.

Though I doubt Inhumans are popular enough to be around for more than a season or two.

Also, I know nothing of how broadcast television works. this all comes straight from me talking out of my ass.

ZeoVGM

Banned

I feel like the current arc would work very well as a "wrap up" arc and it's already in syndication. So if it's renewed, I think it's a full season.

There are a few things that make me have at least a little hope:

- While live ratings are poor, broadcast television seems to be in a poor place in general unless you're one of those key shows (NCIS, Big Bang Theory).

- ABC's president has commented on the big boost it gets in DVR. I do think networks are paying more attention to that as their live ratings continue to fall.

- I've read that ABC doesn't have many shows that do well with the male demographic but AoS is one of the better ones.

- The best critical reception the series has ever had is happening this season.

- They have a chance to put together and market a "Marvel night" of television if they pair it with Inhumans in the fall. I think it might be worth keeping AoS for that alone.

Fingers crossed, obviously. It absolutely deserves to be renewed.

Just started watching this on Netflix, on season 3, and it's a great super hero show.

Is the ghost rider arc good? And I guess Inhumans is a spin off with Black bolt and Medusa in it? That saounds awesome I hope lockjaw is in it

Just started watching this on Netflix, on season 3, and it's a great super hero show.

Is the ghost rider arc good? And I guess Inhumans is a spin off with Black bolt and Medusa in it? That saounds awesome I hope lockjaw is in it

I'd argue the Ghost Rider arc is the high point of the entire series so far, edging out the already over the top season 2.

LotusHD

Banned

Season 4 is the best this show has ever been. The Ghost Rider arc is great, but the LMD arc that comes after it manages to top it imo

Maybe ABC will do this for the 2017-2018 mid-season break:

A fifth and final season with only 12 episodes just to make the show hits 100 episodes with the finale.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Maybe ABC will do this for the 2017-2018 mid-season break:

A fifth and final season with only 12 episodes just to make the show hits 100 episodes with the finale.

It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread but 100 episodes doesn't matter. It's already in syndication.

It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread but 100 episodes doesn't matter. It's already in syndication.
Yes, sadly I already know that, but it is always better to sell a syndicated show with 100 episodes than 88 episodes.

[With 100 episodes, a TV channel can air like 5 episodes a week for 20 weeks.]

And also, they can hits that magically 100th episode with a fifth and final season of 12 episodes.

Great episode. One question, when Jemma's in the car after climbing out of her shallow grave, she mentions something about computational stuff to the driver who then blanks out and suddenly there's a checkpoint.

That was the framework adjusting to create an obstacle right? Or maybe Ada wanted to stop Jemma?
If the Framework actually knew she was right there and could adjust things, I'd think it could do something much more direct. Checkpoints just seems like the kind of norm you get in oppressive Hydra world.
You guys are reading way too much into the Framework. It's not an alternate reality, it's the Matrix, not Flashpoint.

Cap isn't around because they don't want him in the simulation. If he did show up, he could very well be Cap Hydra, it doesn't need to make sense, just "feel" like it does for the characters in it.
It seems effectively like an alternate reality because the goal was to create something that copied the real world but with specific tweaks to get rid of things like diseases and regrets. Unless we learn otherwise later, it doesn't seem like "create Hydra world" was a defined goal, so it wouldn't have had a reason to care whether or not there was a Captain America specifically.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It seems effectively like an alternate reality because the goal was to create something that copied the real world but with specific tweaks to get rid of things like diseases and regrets. Unless we learn otherwise later, it doesn't seem like "create Hydra world" was a defined goal, so it wouldn't have had a reason to care whether or not there was a Captain America specifically.
Yeah, May was the first one that had her major grievance fixed, which was the Bahrain situation. According to the episode, the girl surviving was a big part of what led to the anti-Inhuman sentiment. It's implied that it's a simulation based on the real world and that the Hydra domination was a byproduct of these small changes.

We also have to keep in mind that it's still a mix of science and magic. The rules aren't really set in stone.

Top Bottom