• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

I'm dead.

crfdc37ok2ry.jpg

Bless you Reddit.

RS4-

Can't believe how much this show turned it around this season. Granted, I didn't care for 2.5 seasons, but yeah.

Goddamn.

"So when/if Jemma gets back to reality, will she look at our main man Fitz the same way?"

I could see her forgiving him and chalking it up to brainwashing, but I don't see Fitz forgiving himself.

dorikyasu

Who's to say that Fitz wants to return to the "real" world?
It appears he is much happier in Framework (despite being a genocidal fascist) than he is in real world. As he said himself, nobody really knew him.

LionPride

Banned
"So when/if Jemma gets back to reality, will she look at our main man Fitz the same way?"

I could see her forgiving him and chalking it up to brainwashing, but I don't see Fitz forgiving himself.

I don't think so, she looked shook af, if Jemma makes it out alive...that relationship will be fractured for a bit.

LionPride

Banned
I swear to god, if Jemma or Fitz ever dies in this show...

Since the end of Season 1 I've been saying that one of them will die in front of the other. It has to happen, they cannot have a happy ending. That's where we're headed.

Also, saw this on Reddit, how would you all react to a Fitz/Simmons torture scene? Would be grueling as hell.

LotusHD

Banned
Since the end of Season 1 I've been saying that one of them will die in front of the other. It has to happen, they cannot have a happy ending. That's where we're headed.

Also, saw this on Reddit, how would you all react to a Fitz/Simmons torture scene? Would be grueling as hell.

But it always feels like they only just got together, the show can't do this to me :(

As for the torture, you mean if Fitz tortures Simmons? If so, I could barely take the scene where Simmons had to stab the fuck out of LMD Fitz, so that won't be pleasant.

LionPride

Banned
But it always feels like they only just got together, the show can't do this to me :(

As for the torture, you mean if Fitz tortures Simmons? If so, I could barely take the scene where Simmons had to stab the fuck out of LMD Fitz, so that won't be pleasant.

Yep, Fitz torturing Simmons.

Fitz will definitely continue to be tortured, but I think she'll forgive him when he takes out Madame Hydra and helps them escape.

Fitz regret is his dad being absent, right? So his dad must have been a real asshole if his existence change Fitz this much.

Wait, what if fitz dad is actually Hydra guy even in real world.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just watched it. Holy shit, this show...

I'm not clear on how they knew Mack would be useful for that trick though. It would make sense if it was AIDA's idea, but the episode made it look like it was Fitz that sent for him.

Luigi87

Just watched it. Holy shit, this show...

I'm not clear on how they knew Mack would be useful for that trick though. It would make sense if it was AIDA's idea, but the episode made it look like it was Fitz that sent for him.

I think that was meant to mislead us. I'm feel AIDA instructed Fitz on how to proceed.

Man if Tripp shows up in the Framework, I will flip the fuck out.

Watch Tripp show up and pull a real world Ward move. Daisy and Jemma are convinced Ward 4.0 is eventually gonna turn heel, but forget the whole point of the framework. Ward will be true blue throughout this ordeal and probably sacrifice himself at some point.

Boem

This has probably been mentioned already, but that painting behind Madame Hydra's desk is probably supposed to be Fisk's painting from Daredevil Season 1 right? Or am I seeing links that aren't there?

They used the Luke Cage exploding bullets after all (not entirely a coincidence, since that episode was written by one of the Luke Cage writers, who is now working on Luke Cage season 2 and Defenders).

I don't think Fitz will end this season alive. He might turn back into good guy mode but he will probably sacrifice himself to save everyone else.

Malyse

This is my favorite hot take on this episode
They're in a Grant Ward Sim. (This is also a hint that Framework Ward will either sacrifice himself for them to escape, or leave with them and become a true Agent of SHIELD.. LMD or something.)

Monsters can be made but so can heroes.

AOS has always been mum on Ward actually being irredeemably psychopathic since birth or whatever. He had formative experiences to encourage an internal and external narrative, as 'bad people' much more likely have happen in reality. Season 1 reveals his evil, Season 2 shows the consequence of his evil, Season 3 adds tragedy to what evil he has wrought, and Season 4 shows a sliver of redemption, if we're to believe in Ward in some cosmic sense than practical. That redemption comes partially as the other characters realize just how blurred good and bad can be when experimented with.

Thankfully, AOS didn't do a real cop out with directly redeeming S1 Ward. That's not how it went, and not how it ever should have went, if the goal was good (instead of just cheaply effective) storytelling. This is more about how the other characters can view the character of Ward, not how he as a person can be quickly forgiven and his offenses forgotten and everything is better now lalala.

error4041

What if at the end of the season, they get back to the real world, and Fitz decides he likes Hydra better. becoming the villain for the fictional season 5.

Deadly

Watch Tripp show up and pull a real world Ward move. Daisy and Jemma are convinced Ward 4.0 is eventually gonna turn heel, but forget the whole point of the framework. Ward will be true blue throughout this ordeal and probably sacrifice himself at some point.
Ward sacrificing himself is inevitable at this point. It works and somewhat redeems his character

This show is going to give me a heart attack.

Fitz and Aida are terrifying. I knew somebody was going to die in that mess but Fitz why.

Also I get the feeling someone is going to die coming up and I'm already extremely upset. I'm on an emotional roller coaster.

Gambit

I really, really hope Shield gets renewed, but this really would be an incredible endpoint for the series. So many call-backs, reversals, pay-offs.

Pretty amazing

God this is gut-wrenching. Friends being tortured and hurt by one another without them even realizing it. Aida arguably created an even greater monster than herself with Fitz. Hell, even May is pretty damn evil in this world.

Mack isn't dying. He's going to have to let go of his daughter at some point which will be a heartbreaking moment. Fitz though? Either him or Jemma are dying by the end of this. No way will those two be getting back with each other after all of this.

Boem

Fitz, while still in the Framework, will remember who he is, realize what he's become, and sacrifice himself to save the group. He won't survive the season, but he won't end his story completely evil.

But twist! Framework Fitz is actually a bit of AI Aida/Madame Hydra wrote to mess with the rest.

But double twist! When they're all leaving, Ward leaves with them, takes over an LMD body, and becomes Shield's butler. That way they're never going to get rid of him, even though he died 4 times or something.

Fitz, while still in the Framework, will remember who he is, realize what he's become, and sacrifice himself to save the group. He won't survive the season, but he won't end his story completely evil.

But twist! Framework Fitz is actually a bit of AI Aida/Madame Hydra wrote to mess with the rest.

But double twist! When they're all leaving, Ward leaves with them, takes over a LMD body, and becomes Shield's butler. That way they're never going to get rid of him, even though he died 4 times or something.

I never realized, but SHIELD *does* need a butler.

error4041

Imagine Fitz coming out of the Framework fully villain...

Poor Gemma
I think they might actually be going that direction. Aida was convincing him the "Other side" was bad because Hydra lost, so he might come back and try to bring Hydra to rule again.

Top Bottom