• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'll bet Yo-Yo plugs herself into the Framework and convinces (or forces) Mack to leave. She's not gonna stand for losing her man to a computer game.

Would AIDA be able to have more than one power? She would be pretty broken if that happened: teleporting, multiple bodies, electricity control, predicting the future, hell, throw in some quake too.

If she's just a teleporter then they can trap her like they did the blind dude.

jph139

Damn, that whole post-wakeup scene was super uncomfortable. Fitz having a breakdown, AIDA coming in and enjoying her new human body... weird. It's clear that Fitz is having trouble. Like, he has the memories of being two entirely different people in his head. Like, the way he reacted - calling her Ophelia - he clearly still feels for her the way he did in the Framework.

It'll be REALLY fun seeing them bounce off each other next episode. AIDA and Fitz are super fucked up characters right now, and their actors have both been doing a great job.

And, man, I was initially against the Coulson/May pairing, but it's been growing on me... wouldn't mind seeing them ride off into the sunset.

(I think Fitz/Simmons is doomed, though. You don't just move past kneecapping someone and fucking a robot.)

I see that the 3d body printer does it in phases....

Hope, Tripp, and Ward go to the printing machine.

Hope - Good.
Tripp - Good.
Ward - The machine malfunctions after printing everything except his final layer of skin on his head.....

TASKMASTER.

Speaking about Mack, he went full weeaboo.

08854257.jpg

You never go full weeaboo.

He nailed that scene with Daisy though, goddamn. It was heartbreaking, watching him choose to stay in this dream because of his daughter.

Glad to see I was wrong about Fitz dying, so far.

Ok, I'm certain Mack is coming back now. That's going to be a rough scene watching him say goodbye to his kid.

2 episodes left of this greatness.

Zomba13

If I was Daisy I'd have just lied and said "yeah Mack, Hope is in danger too :(" or failing that just quaked his legs and arms broken and roll him in the portal.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So...

Aida can just... do magic now apparently?

Also, I don't care how good this show is. If they off Mack then fuck this show

Neoxon

No one, because you're expecting it. AIDA was the first and last.
I never said I was expecting anyone to be 3D-printed. I was hoping for Mace, but his Framework counterpart is also dead.

And even then, it's not like everything I side with is wrong.

Give me FrameWard.

The crazy thing about the Framework is it turned Ward and Tripp into cool likable characters with some real depth. How did that happen? Maybe the writers have simply evolved.

Malyse

Actually, FrameWard to taskmaster makes logical sense. A digital mind should be capable of copying anything it sees.

I think if they wanted to off Mack they would've done it directly (like Mace). I don't think they're going to constantly show Mack still being alive in the Real World just to kill him for realz in an episode or two.

Good shit Radcliffe. And Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge are still putting out top notch performances. Them and the writers have done such a fantastic job of bringing those characters from a silly gag about how they're "inseparable nerds that you can't really remember whose name is who so you just mash em together" to where they are now.

I think if they wanted to off Mack they would've done it directly (like Mace). I don't think they're going to constantly show Mack still being alive in the Real World just to kill him for realz in an episode or two.

Good shit Radcliffe. And Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge are still putting out top notch performances. Them and the writers have done such a fantastic job of bringing those characters from a silly gag about how they're "inseparable nerds that you can't really remember whose name is who so you just mash em together" to where they are now.

I still want my Seven Dwarves episode.

LotusHD

Banned
Goddamn it, stop getting rid of the black characters :(

Episode was utterly amazing as usual, really needed after Flash tonight. But fuck, why didn't Daisy just lie to Mack real quick or something? Just heartbreaking on so many levels, and poor Yo Yo...

Also did not expect Aida to have powers... Before that, moment where she was acting all lively with her new body was creepy af

And Fitz... yea. I swear every arc they just love coming up with new ways for them to inadvertently torture one another.

"Episode was utterly amazing as usual, really needed after Flash tonight. But fuck, why didn't Daisy just lie to Mack real quick or something? Just heartbreaking on so many levels, and poor Yo Yo..."

I'm honestly not sure Mack would appreciate it. And that's the same reason I don't think Hope will get printed either. Mack *hates* the supernatural, he even still has some super sketch feelings on Inhumans. I really don't think he'd be down with a printed digital approximation of his daughter in the real world. It'd also get super weird with his ex, like how do you even explain that to her? And you know Mack is earnest enough that he'd feel completely obligated to tell her.

LotusHD

Banned
"Episode was utterly amazing as usual, really needed after Flash tonight. But fuck, why didn't Daisy just lie to Mack real quick or something? Just heartbreaking on so many levels, and poor Yo Yo..."

I'm honestly not sure Mack would appreciate it. And that's the same reason I don't think Hope will get printed either. Mack *hates* the supernatural, he even still has some super sketch feelings on Inhumans. I really don't think he'd be down with a printed digital approximation of his daughter in the real world. It'd also get super weird with his ex, like how do you even explain that to her? And you know Mack is earnest enough that he'd feel completely obligated to tell her.

I don't want her to be "printed" either, or anyone else for that matter because yes, that would be immensely weird no matter how one tries to spin it. If someone must be replicated, at the very least, I don't want it to be the decision of anyone that's actually alive, because I'mma judge them so hard lol

If anything, let it be a thing where it's an accident, or where someone like Ward or Aida for whatever reason decide to do it on their own.

As for him appreciating it or not, I mean, yea, he's the type of person that wouldn't, I just wish she would have tried anyways. Because now he's there, and I'm like, so... they're just gonna keep his body there forever? :(

Renpatsu

I don't know how they'd justify leaving Mack in the Framework as the situation stands. In the moment time was definitely of the essence, but now that they're out of the Framework they can finally (hopefully) begin to reassess the situation with most of their minds intact.

Fuck, my heart hurts after watching that episode. I honestly can't think of an arc in a comic book show that got me as emotionally invested as this one has.

Goddamn it, stop getting rid of the black characters :(

Episode was utterly amazing as usual, really needed after Flash tonight. But fuck, why didn't Daisy just lie to Mack real quick or something? Just heartbreaking on so many levels, and poor Yo Yo...

Also did not expect Aida to have powers... Before that, moment where she was acting all lively with her new body was creepy af

And Fitz... yea. I swear every arc they just love coming up with new ways for them to inadvertently torture one another.

There can only be one. They blew the minority budget getting 1.5 Asians

Dryk

You know that I think about it a computer simulation where if you die in it your consciousness is deleted forever is a really poor attempt at immortality. Screw you Radcliffe.

Dynomutt

Is it me of are Aida's motives a bit redundant. I know they needed the Darkhold as the catalyst. But did she really need the Matrix to become a real girl? Seems a bit of filler maybe I'm looking too hard.

Seeing Radcliffe is those chanclas while in jail was a bit funny!

So the Darkhold is Marvel's Speedforce...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me of are Aida's motives a bit redundant. I know they needed the Darkhold as the catalyst. But did she really need the Matrix to become a real girl? Seems a bit of filler maybe I'm looking too hard.

Seeing Radcliffe is those chanclas while in jail was a bit funny!

So the Darkhold is Marvel's Speedforce...

It's probably because the framework allowed her to transcend her programming, to build the machine to make her human.

I knew they'd do something with Mack wanting to stay with Hope in the Franework. I'm sure they'll get him out somehow (maybe Elena will go after him?) but making him choose between his "daughter" and travelling to the real world is beyond messed up. I'm glad they didn't force him to go though, it's gotta be his choice.

Anyway, this arc, just like the entire season, has been incredible. Only two episodes left!

Neoxon

Yeah, Fitz is gonna need some hardcore therapy when this is all over. He's insanely lucky that he has Simmons.

Renpatsu

I'm actually surprised that coming out of the Framework their original 'sense of self' established itself pretty quickly generally speaking. I was sure for the more sceptical ones (May and Fitz) that there would be something of a transition process or even potentially in the case of Fitz his Framework self being more prominent.

However I guess with the season almost over they really don't want to belabour that aspect of their psychological recuperation.

sturmdogg

Give me FrameWard.

The crazy thing about the Framework is it turned Ward and Tripp into cool likable characters with some real depth. How did that happen? Maybe the writers have simply evolved.

This. I was very surprised at that scene with Tripp and Daisy asking if they hooked up in the real world. He was actually...cool.

The Kree

Banned
I'm actually surprised that coming out of the Framework their original 'sense of self' established itself pretty quickly generally speaking. I was sure for the more sceptical ones (May and Fitz) that there would be something of a transition process or even potentially in the case of Fitz his Framework self being more prominent.

However I guess with the season almost over they really don't want to belabour that aspect of their psychological recuperation.

It goes both ways. Aside from Daisy and Jemma who went in knowingly, they all had to have changed over pretty fast when going into the framework.

Top Bottom