• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Renpatsu

It goes both ways. Aside from Daisy and Jemma who went in knowingly, they all had to have changed over pretty fast when going into the framework.
Ah, true enough. In the case of Fitz whose personal history diverged at a much earlier point than the rest of the team I had sort of assumed it affected his psychological development much more than the rest of the team (and subsequently coupled with Aida influencing him further), but it also makes sense that they've still only been in the Framework for (......How long again?) that their minds weren't completely overwritten.

The Kree

Banned
Ah, true enough. In the case of Fitz whose personal history diverged at a much earlier point than the rest of the team I had sort of assumed it affected his psychological development much more than the rest of the team (and subsequently coupled with Aida influencing him further), but it also makes sense that they've still only been in the Framework for (......How long again?) that their minds weren't completely overwritten.

Just like in The Matrix, the realization is always there in the back of the mind; we saw that with Coulson immediately. The length of time seems irrelevant compared to the allure of the programming; we see that with Mack. But you could also probably argue that with more time spent inside it would be harder to fully unplug people.

Khaz

It probably felt like waking up from a dream. Except you're not in your bedroom and you just realised everything you dreamed of doing actually had real consequences.

strafer

I'm sad we didn't get a Fitz / jemma reunion scene but I hope he doesn't go full on evil in the real world.

Man, this show is fyring on all cylinders now.

The Kree

Banned
Mack is gonna be the Cypher of this show. He's gonna get dragged out kicking and screaming and betray the group to get back in.

#steaks

Pachimari

So May 16 is the day we should all tune in on, as that'll be the day of ABC's upfront and we'll get to see if Agents of Shield have been renewed or cancelled.

TheDanimal

Just got around to watching the last episode...
I don't know if I've ever been as emotionally invested in characters as I am in Shield's cast.
That whole scene in the factory left me shook. I had no idea how it was gonna end up.

So May 16 is the day we should all tune in on, as that'll be the day of ABC's upfront and we'll get to see if Agents of Shield have been renewed or cancelled.

I guess we will know before the finale airs? I wonder if there will be an additional tease depending on what we find out.

Actually, I'm kind of curious how it worked with May since she was in there substantially longer than the others, and seemed to retain her real world memories early on when it was just her and Aida in there.

strafer

I do like Evil Fitz with his hands behind his back sorta style.

Still remember that little boy trapped with Jemma in the submarine before losing his memory.

Mariolee

As someone who touted Flash S1 as the greatest superhero show for the longest time, it is insane how good Agents of SHIELD is. It is right up there with Legion. It actually makes me that much more frustrated at how poorly this season of Flash is outside of some choice episodes.

Just got around to watching the last episode...
I don't know if I've ever been as emotionally invested in characters as I am in Shield's cast.
That whole scene in the factory left me shook. I had no idea how it was gonna end up.

I honestly believed that Fitz was going to shoot Jemma and we'd have to deal with those consequences.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess we will know before the finale airs? I wonder if there will be an additional tease depending on what we find out.

Yeah, we should know that afternoon on May 16 when the upfront conference happens. Although rumblings may sprout up a bit earlier than that (earlier in the day, perhaps the day before).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I doubt Jemma will even look at Fitz after what he did.

I disagree. Even after Fitz shot her, she told him she loved him, and when Radcliffe attacked him, she shouted "no!"

She's already forgiven him for what he's done in the Framework. The real question will be whether he can forgive himself.

Christian

Is it me of are Aida's motives a bit redundant. I know they needed the Darkhold as the catalyst. But did she really need the Matrix to become a real girl? Seems a bit of filler maybe I'm looking too hard.

I think she needed to get SHIELD out the way, and she wanted to make Fitz love her. Those were two of the big factors.

I think she needed to get SHIELD out the way, and she wanted to make Fitz love her. Those were two of the big factors.

I don't think she sees Fitz as anything more than a means to an end. She needed him to finish building the machine and so manipulated the Framework in order to bring him under her direct control.

"I don't think she sees Fitz as anything more than a means to an end. She needed him to finish building the machine and so manipulated the Framework in order to bring him under her direct control."

She also wants to feel the range of human feelings and having a partner helps with that. I'd imagine that's also why she bothered going through the framework--to create emotional connections. If she just uploaded her robot consciousness, as-is, into a flesh body, would she really feel anything? Did her android self even understand the concept of emotion? Perhaps having people in the framework gave her helpful data.

Wait , now we know that the 3D printing give you powers on the side , i'm not sure whenever i can deal with someone coming back WITH POWERS now. Especially darkhold powers..

If you want someone to be back , choose wisely ... because there will be consequences.

I don't think she sees Fitz as anything more than a means to an end. She needed him to finish building the machine and so manipulated the Framework in order to bring him under her direct control.

Eh this episode flies in the face of that argument. Machine is done and the first thing she does with her new body is go see Leopold and tells him how she feels about him and that they can now be together because she's real.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wait , now we know that the 3D printing give you powers on the side , i'm not sure whenever i can deal with someone coming back WITH POWERS now. Especially darkhold powers..

If you want someone to be back , choose wisely ... because there will be consequences.

Super Hope (w/tag along Mack) to be side characters on ABC FreeformFreeFamilyform's Cloak & Dagger series.

Eh this episode flies in the face of that argument. Machine is done and the first thing she does with her new body is go see Leopold and tells him how she feels about him and that they can now be together because she's real.

But that could just as easily be a front she was putting on to keep Fitz off balance long enough to grab him (and keep him from moving out of the way so May could shoot her). She dropped that facial expression pretty quick once she made her move.

Man they sure are dragging their feet on news as to whether or not this is coming back for another season.

Usually we have to wait until the ABC upfronts. That's on May 16th.
Last year they announced it really early but I assume it's because the fourth season would fulfill the quota for syndication so it was pretty much a certain renewal.

But that could just as easily be a front she was putting on to keep Fitz off balance long enough to grab him (and keep him from moving out of the way so May could shoot her). She dropped that facial expression pretty quick once she made her move.

Thing is she could have teleported at any time. She wanted Fitz near her so she could steal him.

LionPride

Banned
She created a world where she's with the man she fell in love with as AIDA, she had feelings, but was an android. She does have genuine feelings for Fitz

Neoxon

I disagree. Even after Fitz shot her, she told him she loved him, and when Radcliffe attacked him, she shouted "no!"

She's already forgiven him for what he's done in the Framework. The real question will be whether he can forgive himself.
Exactly, it'll be interesting to see how Fitz moves forward (though I'd imagine that Jemma will do everything in her power to help out).

She created a world where she's with the man she fell in love with as AIDA, she had feelings, but was an android. She does have genuine feelings for Fitz
No wonder Jemma got short-changed in the Framework. AIDA wanted Jemma out of the way so she could have Fitz to herself.

It's amazing how Fitz is now the prize in Season 4 rather than Mr. Friend-Zoned.

KarmaCow

I was worried when Coulson and May came out that the Framework experience would fade away quickly but it's good to see that Fitz can't cope with what he did. I just hope there is more to it than Simmons saying he's a good person over and over.

I was worried when Coulson and May came out that the Framework experience would fade away quickly but it's good to see that Fitz can't cope with what he did. I just hope there is more to it than Simmons saying he's a good person over and over.

Simmons killing AIDA then Fitz killing Simmons to become the new big bad if it's renewed for another season. Their relationship is dead either way, Simmons obviously believed that Fitz could never kill her and was shook when she saw that he was.

Wag

Mack is gonna be the Cypher of this show. He's gonna get dragged out kicking and screaming and betray the group to get back in.

#steaks

Eh. They'll make the Framework a prison for supervillians and then he'll be begging to leave...

Usually we have to wait until the ABC upfronts. That's on May 16th.
Last year they announced it really early but I assume it's because the fourth season would fulfill the quota for syndication so it was pretty much a certain renewal.

The actual upfronts day is pretty much just for new shows. Renewals and cancellations are usually announced at least a few days earlier.

Khaz

Do the producers know well in advance? Or do they learn their fate as we do?
So that they can craft a proper ending to their show.

Neoxon

Simmons killing AIDA then Fitz killing Simmons to become the new big bad if it's renewed for another season. Their relationship is dead either way, Simmons obviously believed that Fitz could never kill her and was shook when she saw that he was.
But she still forgave him for the fuckery that was the Framework. The question is if Fitz can forgive himself.

Super Hope (w/tag along Mack) to be side characters on ABC FreeformFreeFamilyform's Cloak & Dagger series.

Hope meets a certain Devilsaurus

She could have teleported at any time, and she called Fitz over before May got the gun.

Damn what an episode. I really enjoyed how they handled everything with Mack. That was a beautiful way to end a characters story. And it's certainly left open ended enough where that may not be his end.

Top Bottom