• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Wait, that was the season final?

No, there are two more episodes.

Do the producers know well in advance? Or do they learn their fate as we do?
So that they can craft a proper ending to their show.

Knowing how badly the show has been doing in ratings, I would imagine they would have written the end knowing it could very well be the series finale. But no, I don't think at this point they will have known for sure in time for the decision to actually influence the ending at all.

She could have teleported at any time, and she called Fitz over before May got the gun.

To clarify a bit, I think the initial reason for literally writing herself into a relationship with him was the need for him to build the machine. I'm not saying that it didn't become more than that, especially after suddenly having real human emotions rather than her programmed facsimile of them. I hadn't considered what her interactions with him early in her development meant to her though.

All that said though, I still think her grabbing Fitz serves some goal and isn't a purely emotional response.

mm04

Ugh I really hope we get another season...this season has been top notch. It's actually crazy to think that Ghost Rider was part of this season as well. You can just tell we're going to get a massive cliffhanger with how things are going. Just not enough episodes left to tie things up. It's not like they can really have a series finale, either. For as long as MCU keeps going, SHIELD will too. So that's problematic on giving us a series finale. But they could still give us a satisfying one. Oh, and I won't lie, I almost immediately felt sympathy for Ophelia when she came back in human form. The actress did a good job of making me not want May to shoot her.

Is there a limit to Ophelia's power? She could have made herself into a god.

I would imagine she's only limited by how much the Darkhold showed her. She's far more capable than any other basic human that would have obtained some of its knowledge.

I'm curious if becoming human isn't going to be her undoing. She's weaker in every way being flesh and blood. Obviously who knows how well crafted that human body is (hahaha) but there's gotta be disadvantages.

I would imagine she's only limited by how much the Darkhold showed her. She's far more capable than any other basic human that would have obtained some of its knowledge.

I'm curious if becoming human isn't going to be her undoing. She's weaker in every way being flesh and blood. Obviously who knows how well crafted that human body is (hahaha) but there's gotta be disadvantages.

Won't the fact that matter can't be produced from nowhere come into play again?

Ophelia: "They told me I could be anything. So I become a god."
Me seing AIDA printing herself a human body:
What the fuck? She's so stupid! AIDA can easily be defeated now with only a human body. What was she thinking? That's not a great plan.

Me after the teleporting scene:
Okay... I was so wrong...

Neoxon

Ophelia: "They told me I could be anything. So I become a god."
tumblr_ol1kloyPoi1w3ri93o1_500.gif

Zalasta

I'm actually quite sick of how Simmons have been acting inside the framework. It is as if she just refuse to acknowledge how difficult it is for everyone else to believe that their world is not real, especially given how deep Fitz is inside of hydra compared to the others (not to mention he has been with Aida the whole time). Every decision she has made have pushed him farther away. This isn't the same Simmons that survived on an alien planet. Annoying to say the least.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't recall Mack every mentioning he had a daughter that died? Daisy said to him that she knew about it. Was this ever mentioned?

He had a scene with Yo-Yo earlier this season where he told her about it. I assume he told Daisy t some point offscreen.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Which episodes?

There was the one were he was sneaking off to see his ex-wife and Yo-yo got mad because she thought they were hooking up or something. Then he told her about his daughter who died and it was either her birthday or anniversary of her death, I can't recall exactly.

vivftp

So I wonder what reason they'll use to explain why they can't just use the controls of the Framework (which are no doubt located somewhere where they woke up) to just force Mack back into reality. Maybe the controls are locked or something, or they don't want to risk it in case they fry his brain?

Even if they could just safely shut down the framework and bring Mack back I guess there's still the issue that it was his choice to stay behind.

SRG01

So I wonder what reason they'll use to explain why they can't just use the controls of the Framework (which are no doubt located somewhere where they woke up) to just force Mack back into reality. Maybe the controls are locked or something, or they don't want to risk it in case they fry his brain?

Aida woke up Radcliffe once in a prior episode and he admonished her for it because of the potential brain damage it could cause.

edit: Woah, I just looked up some background info on Madame Hydra, and Viper's actual name is Ophelia? Never knew that. I did know that there's a Madame Hydra connection to Hive, although Hive isn't an inhuman in the comics. Come to think of it, wasn't Madame Hydra also pretty occultish as well?

Even if they could just safely shut down the framework and bring Mack back I guess there's still the issue that it was his choice to stay behind.

Not only that, but Radcliffe is still stuck in there with no way out. If you shut down the framework, does that count as murder? He'd have been murdered a second time, in that case.

vivftp

Aida woke up Radcliffe once in a prior episode and he admonished her for it because of the potential brain damage it could cause.

Not exactly, he admonished her because she modified the framework to accomodate each of the new additions while Radcliffe was still plugged in. He was upset because the Human mind could lose its grip on reality.

vivftp

Also on the subject of bringing Tripp, Hope or Ward back as a real Human using Project Looking Glass, it's also worth remembering that they have that nifty LMD building device in that facility that built the Russian's body. If Ward is destined to come back and become Taskmaster I think it'd be far more suitable if he were in an LMD body instead of a Human one.

My guess is Hope gets the Human body so that Mack doesn't shun her for being a machine, and Ward gets the LMD body. Tripp... becomes a photo on the wall or something.

"Not only that, but Radcliffe is still stuck in there with no way out. If you shut down the framework, does that count as murder? He'd have been murdered a second time, in that case."

I think Radcliffe has consigned himself to his fate after Aida killed him. He knows he's fucked up severely and I think he's decided that enough is enough and he's just going to ride it out to atone for his sins. Not to mention, everything he's done was really for Agnes, who is super duper dead. He's still a bit of a crafty fuck, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did weasel his way into a new body.

Considering how the LMDs and Looking Glass are a perfect setup for bringing people back from the Framework...it's exactly what I expect not to happen.
At first I thought Mack being able to bring Hope over might be kind of sweet...but the more I think about it, the more wrong it feels. Like "Oh my daughter died but it's okay, I have a digital clone of her now that was made real with magical technology". It doesn't change that the real Hope died.
I dunno, maybe moving on and being ready to start over down the line seems more healthy.

vivftp

Considering how the LMDs and Looking Glass are a perfect setup for bringing people back from the Framework...it's exactly what I expect not to happen.
At first I thought Mack being able to bring Hope over might be kind of sweet...but the more I think about it, the more wrong it feels. Like "Oh my daughter died but it's okay, I have a digital clone of her now that was made real with magical technology". It doesn't change that the real Hope died.
I dunno, maybe moving on and being ready to start over down the line seems more healthy.

Well to Mack she's real. His speech at the end there solidified that, and his feelings and attitude are strong enough to put her above returning to reality, despite knowing she's just a digital copy. I think they're setting up that he won't return without the possibility of Hope joining him in the real world.

My prediction is they go back into the framework, get Hope to the machinery for Project Looking Glass, get her scanned, just as her body is created the machinery gets destroyed and then we have Mack grieving over the lifeless body of Hope. Then after a few seconds she takes a breath just like Ophelia did and we now have Hope in the real world. Many tears will be shed by GAF at the sweetness of the scene :)

... things get wrapped in a nice bow, and the teaser at the end shows us the LMD machinery creating a body for Ward!!!

She's real to him now because he doesn't remember the real world. Once he returns it would become a case of replacing his dead daughter with a clone. Which is weird. And doesn't change the fact that the real Hope died.
I hope they don't go down this route, the more I think about it the more it rubs me the wrong way.

jph139

Mack is a grounded, skeptical, religious dude. Using occult science inspired by a book of pure evil designed by an evil robot to revive his dead daughter would absolutely be off the table for him.

Sir Doom

Wait what teleportation out of nowhere

This season wow. Drama is really good. Can't believe I'm saying that for superhero tv show

Hopefully Mac round up Ward, trip, Radcliff as team digital

"Not only that, but Radcliffe is still stuck in there with no way out. If you shut down the framework, does that count as murder? He'd have been murdered a second time, in that case."

I think Radcliffe has consigned himself to his fate after Aida killed him. He knows he's fucked up severely and I think he's decided that enough is enough and he's just going to ride it out to atone for his sins. Not to mention, everything he's done was really for Agnes, who is super duper dead. He's still a bit of a crafty fuck, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did weasel his way into a new body.

Maybe, but he hasn't said that to any of the other real people, and they don't know if he's cool dying in there, so it still sounds like possible murder to me.

But yeah, I'm hoping he gets a new body. I love the actor and the character, and want to see him return.

Holy shit. What an amazingly emotional and powerful episode. I will be very upset if they don't confirm another season too. I love these characters too much to let go right now... :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just watched it. Another fantastic episode. This LMD arc had me on the edge of my seat so many times.

Slime

Banned
The evil Fitz fallout is stressing me out because it's so sad and intriguing, but I feel like it's almost guaranteed to end in disappointment.

This has been such a great arc, though.

"My prediction is they go back into the framework, get Hope to the machinery for Project Looking Glass, get her scanned, just as her body is created the machinery gets destroyed and then we have Mack grieving over the lifeless body of Hope. Then after a few seconds she takes a breath just like Ophelia did and we now have Hope in the real world. Many tears will be shed by GAF at the sweetness of the scene :) "

Again, that seems super weird. I don't see Mack really digging a fake approximation of his dead daughter once he wakes up. And also having to introduce his fake approximation daughter to his Ex? Not sure I'm feeling that whole concept, personally.

SpyGuy239

Best episode of all the seasons hands down. That ending scene with Mack was sooo heart wrenching. Unbelievable. I hope they renew the show!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
It's much better drama to have Mack lose Hope a second time and then grieve for the daughter he sort of got to know.

Top Bottom