• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

I really REALLY hope May doesn't do that thing where she doesn't tell anybody anything is happening to her even though they just picked up a box that causes 100 percent of the people who open it to kill each other.

That's the most annoying plot point in all of fiction, where something super off the wall is happening and the person it's happening to just doesn't say anything. See a doctor, say something to Fitz or Simmons, just fucking talk to someone.

I'm going to be so pissed if they drag this out.
I don't think this show has historically let plots like these drag for too long. Usually things we see in the stingers are addressed in the next episode.

Slayven

I don't see why. He's fought scarier things.
1597987-gr_13_0023.jpg

There is Ghost Rider and then there is Zarathos. heaven and hell will collab to stop Zarathos, that is how ill he is

Imma spoiler this for the benefit of the West Coast peeps, but do we have any guesses on who
the Ghost girl might be from the comic side of the universe
?

I missed the Quake/Rider fight while watching live so I went back to review that scene. Happened to notice when you see the Rider turn his head toward the shelf that you can straight up see the spinal cord holding the skull up. Not sure what I was expecting... it's not like they can have an unburnt neck holding the skull up.

I don't know if it was better than the S2 premiere, but it was definitely better than S3's, which was juggling far too many storylines for its own good. Still not sure how AIDA fits in with everything else, but otherwise, this was much more focused.

I'm glad the show is back to be honest. Now to talk about what happened:

- Since LMDs might be mass produced (at least I think they'll go that way in the show), does that mean Fitz will go from friendzoned to harem owner?

- Decent FX, let's see how long that will last.

- Will this be the second Marvel show this year that the "secondary" character steals the show? At least IMO I liked the Punisher's stuff a lot more than Daredevil's own stuff, so I hope Ghost Rider steals the show here too.

- Speaking about Punisher, I hope they keep Ghost Rider a bit dark. I think they might try to humanize Robbie with his brother and all that, but let the Rider wreck things and kill fools like he did in this episode, don't make him go soft.

If this is a spoiler to anyone just say it and I'll spoiler everything.

Neoxon

SHIELD came back with a bang. I look forward to what they do with Quake & Ghost Rider this season. Hopefully Robbie actually uses the chains that Johnny Blaze is commonly known for.

And Fitz, please, you got this far with Simmons. Don't fuck it up over LMDs.

mreddie

Good premiere, the fight was cool as fuck.

However, I really nervous about the season in general, mainly due to ABC giving this show a last chance on a time slot that has buried other shows in the last 3 years. Also up against NCIS NO and NBCs most hyped new show of the season.

Plus, the tie ins at this point seem like cannon fodder.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the premiere was just okay. I'd have preferred if they had set up a more definite storyline for the season besides "LMDs are sort of a thing" and "Here's Ghost Rider" (who was fine, I guess. I don't really care about the character and wasn't really wowed by his appearance in the premiere).

Good premiere, the fight was cool as fuck.

However, I really nervous about the season in general, mainly due to ABC giving this show a last chance on a time slot that has buried other shows in the last 3 years. Also up against NCIS NO and NBCs most hyped new show of the season.

Plus, the tie ins at this point seem like cannon fodder.

im sure marvel has a back up plan im place if abc drops the show.

The show isn't getting dropped before the end of the season and if ABC isn't going to renew it they'll know ahead of time. It's getting its 88 episodes and closure.

I doubt Marvel really cares all that much at this point since the TV stuff is treated as the red headed step child at this point.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It's late, but I managed to watch it (no thanks to Cablemas...)

Here's my random thoughts, opinions, reactions, musings and other stuff in no particular order:

• "The Spectrum of Security" or whatever is amazingly dumb. Like something the Koenigs would come up with.
  • The Director seems like a real nice guy.
  • Daisy breaking her bones by Quaking? Isn't that what the gauntlets are there for?
  • AIDA was actually kinda unsettling. Can't wait to see where the whole LMD plot goes.
  • That Ghost Rider!
  • THAT GHOST RIDER!
  • Fight was surprisingly okay. Normally fights in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are either bad or good. Never just okay.
  • What's that ghost? Why isn't May reporting it? Just say "something's messing with my head making me see stuff"
  • Ghost Rider's still scary, man.
  • So, the titular "Ghost" in the title, that's Quake? Or more obviously Ghost Rider? Or maybe the spirit in the box?
  • So, is Fitz Q now?
  • That VR thing is totally telegraphing some twist at some point in the season where someone realizes that they're in VR ALL ALONG!
  • Also, at some point in the season someone's gonna die and they'll realize that they were an LMD!
  • Wait, the Neo-Nazis were working with the Chinese for a mystical thingamajig? Is this turing into Daredevil? (Nevermind that there weren't any Neo-Nazis in Daredevil, shut up, my analogy makes sense.)
  • Darn, Yo-Yo's forward.
  • Jemma trying to be a good guy by playing ball with the new Director is a neat concept. Shame Simmons always gets stuck with the "team asshole" role.

BSherrod

Even as a big fan of the show since close to the beginning, the cinematography has always left a little to be desired, but tonight seemed to be stepped up a good bit. Plz let them move the camera around more and keep this up. Great episode by the way, strongest opening episode yet.

Mulgrok

I assume the ghost chick is part of a plot that will be related to Dr Strange, because movie tie-ins are their shtick.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So, is ti possible to watch from S4 and have decent fun when I stopped at S1? :)

While 2+3 are stronger than Season 1 and you are better off probably seeing them, I think you theoretically could jump into Season 4 with little background as Season 3 wrapped up a lot of arcs.

Mariolee

Really tired but just watched the premiere and wow. This season is far more promising than last season.

Ghost Rider was phenomenal. They nailed his intro.

kurahador

Kinda weird how the scope this season feels smaller. Love Ghost Rider. Seems like the ghost thing is how they introduce the whole magical side of thing.

duckroll

"Getting a 10pm slot will allow us to tell more interesting stories and push the envelope a little more."

Proceeds to open the episode with Skye putting on lingerie.

Lol.

Top Bottom