• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

These comic book wars, while often funny, can be pretty petty and ugly sometimes.

In the 9 years since Marvel Studios released Iron Man, the number of comic book movies has grown exponentially. And during the same period, a number of potential cinematic universes has risen at a commensurable rate.

There may be a causality. The MCU's very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites trolling. And trolling... breeds meltdowns. Moderation... Moderation is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand.

Fathead

These comic book wars, while often funny, can be pretty petty and ugly sometimes.

In the 9 years since Marvel Studios released Iron Man, the number of comic book movies has grown exponentially. And during the same period, a number of potential cinematic universes has risen at a commensurable rate.

There may be a causality. The MCU's very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites trolling. And trolling... breeds meltdowns. Moderation... Moderation is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand.

Boom

why does aos make people freak out

It's a weird one. I understand people may be unsure whether to watch the show or not due to when it "gets good," as no one has time to watch everything on TV, and they need to pick and choose. Person of Interest has/had exactly these same issues. However, there also seems to be a bit of added hostility for SHIELD. Maybe that anger is just basic DC vs Marvel fanboyism rearing its head? Admitting SHIELD is good makes something they are more fanatical about somehow less good - and thus shitposting happens.

Me reading this post and slowly getting it:
My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

Fathead

It's a weird one. I understand people may be unsure whether to watch the show or not due to when it "gets good," as no one has time to watch everything on TV, and they need to pick and choose. Person of Interest has/had exactly these same issues. However, there also seems to be a bit of added hostility for SHIELD. Maybe that anger is just basic DC vs Marvel fanboyism rearing its head? Admitting SHIELD is good makes something they are more fanatical about somehow less good - and thus shitposting happens.

Its hot take culture. Shield was bad at the start so it has to be the worst show ever and it actually makes you a terrible person to watch. Everybody has to have an extreme opinion and damn any evidence to the contrary.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

This post is terribly well balanced.

Mariolee

This is incredible. I want to frame this.

Cuburt

MjvN6m.gif

strafer

This sounds like something Donald Trump would say.

Sadist

Oh man this show. This show you guys. Jesus it's so good.

Mallory was amazing this episode. The moment she lost her mind about Fitz mentioning her, that was some top notch stuff. My boy Fitz knew he had to block that crazy lady. FitzSimmons forevah.

Coulson and May are cute too.

Can't wait for next week, dat Ghost Rider.

Shaanyboi

Banned

tumblr_inline_onozbw0qH81trluib_500.gif

Christian

Yeah, I like the second part of Season 3, if just to see Brett ham it up as Hive. I know a lot of people didn't like Lincoln, and a lot of people were disappointed in how they (didn't) deliver Secret Warriors, but I thoroughly enjoyed the third season. Oh, well! I think it's worth watching to find out yourself.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I like the second part of Season 3, if just to see Brett ham it up as Hive. I know a lot of people didn't like Lincoln, and a lot of people were disappointed in how they (didn't) deliver Secret Warriors, but I thoroughly enjoyed the third season. Oh, well! I think it's worth watching to find out yourself.

The one good thing about Lincoln was his death scene with Hive. Was very poignant despite my dislike of him.

Sanjay

Wow, one of the best episodes of Shield I've seen and for the first time Shield seems to be finishing on a high point as with past seasons the high points have been early or mid season on and then end with not much excitement or quality drama, but this season, I'm so hyped. It's like they actually planned the season or something.

What's crazy is that the CG isn't just a lazy copy of one. Each Daisy clone is different in that GIF

Doubt there's any CG involved. Probably just Chloe being filmed with a motion control camera standing in a different spot everytime and then each pass composited into a single shot.

Altazor

I thought Lincoln was a bit bland, but tolerable whenever he wasn't around Daisy. I just hated the way the showrunners tried incredibly hard to make that relationship happen and kinda shoved it down our throats when it never really worked. And I think Luke Mitchell really gave his best but the lines Lincoln was given were crappy. S3 wasn't that strong, script-wise IMHO.

And regarding Brett Dalton as Hive... I respectfully disagree. To me, Brett excels (maybe that's too generous of a word, but still) when he's able to play a charismatic rogue-ish guy. That's his element and he can do it easily and well. Sadly, Hive was anything but that, so he spent most of the time using one facial expression and delivering his lines with a sort of monotone whisper that didn't really play up to his strengths. Yes, the character's abilities/powers were frightening, and he sometimes played "stoic, silent menace" well, but other times it was just a hunk of uncharismatic muscle with a jawline.

dabig2

Lincoln was just...whatever. I was more miffed that they seemingly forgot about Tripp and kept referencing Lincoln when they talked about no longer seeing SHIELD agents die. Lincoln was an agent for a minute and he was really only there for Daisy. Tripp was a legacy, a long-time agent, and he too died trying to save Daisy in the midst of all the Inhuman birthing shit. He was with the team for several seasons.

inb4 Tripp was too bland to notice. But Lincoln was pretty bland too in 95% of his appearances. Literally the generic, pretty bad boy with a somewhat tragic past we barely get into who eventually makes the girl fall for him. You can find him on the assembly line in Hollywood's backyard next to Taylor Kitsch.

Renpatsu

The writers probably realised their mistakes regarding the handling of Tripp hence his return here in season 4. A lot of the nuance of season 4 feels born from acknowledging the history of the show's previous seasons and following up on those threads in a more organic fashion than how season 3 introduced a lot of its drama.

LotusHD

Banned
Has the MCU had any big female villains other than Aida and Jiaying?

Like I think the first one for the movies is Hela, no?

Vampfox

Banned
Still think that season 3 is better. Hive is way more threatening than Aida.

I'm not a fan of Ghost Rider coming back for the season finally since he tends to overshadow the main characters.

I'm just glad that this show is getting another season.

Top Bottom