• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Pacing was wack, but a nice episode nonetheless. A lot of fun twists and that final scene with Mack, Hope and Yoyo got me good ("I want to be real. Please, Daddy"). Good finale to an excellent season.

And yeah, I can't believe that's not SWORD and that they can't use it. Wtf.

LotusHD

Banned
If I was petty, I would multiquote and bump this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1251951

If I was petty, that is.

Aida would've done it lmao

Guys don't do it though

Is it bad that I now have a fetish where a jilted ex murders the woman I love in front of me then tells me they're going to kill everybody I love as they lick my ear?

Aida is what some people call "yandere", it ain't nothing new. Just don't actually want that fetish to play out in real life, and you'll be fine.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tumblr_oq3pfbG65k1v1axdpo2_540.gif

tumblr_oq3pfbG65k1v1axdpo4_540.gif

tumblr_oq3pfbG65k1v1axdpo6_540.gif

tumblr_oq3pfbG65k1v1axdpo7_540.gif

Better version without the text?

Thanks for these.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fantastic season finale, one of the best episodes in the season. Those fights WHEW.

Aida is legitimately one of my favourite villains perhaps in any comic book adaptation. So much progression and dissection of human emotions. And she acted her ass off throughout all her different permutations.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Prepare for most of the episodes taking place in generic looking space station hallways. Cheaper to not needing to film outside.

This, exactly. On-location shooting is more expensive than building some sets on a soundstage and shooting on those all the time. Moving the show to take place mostly on a space station probably will save money.

In terms of a time jump, that actually makes sense. I think at the moment, the show is currently taking place in the past around end of 2016 to early 2017. So then we would expect (if they go back to the present by the time the show comes back most likely in January 2018) a full year within the show would have passed. A lot of shit can happen in a year.

The timeline guy here thinks the entire season took place over the course of about six weeks, from April through mid-May 2017. This is his reasoning, from page 173 of that thread:

DBIrish said:
4x11 confirms that events of 4x08 occurred 5 days before, and events of 4x10 occurred 1 day before. Coulson says he spent 6 months on the plane with Mack (between 3x22's flashforward and the opening of 4x01). This also means only about a month (or less) passed between 4x01 and 4x07, and confirms Senator Nadeer's brother was exposed to the terrigen very soon after its release into ocean in 3x22. This also confirms that, if 3x22 occurs in April, and its flashforward/epilogue scene in October, that would put Season 4 as picking up in April, 2017. This is confirmed when Mack mentions its day before his daughter's birthday (April 18, 2006), putting 4x11 on April 17, 2017

Mokujin

I loved quite a bit of things about the whole Agents of Hydra arc, but felt that a lot of potential was lost in the finale.-

* They kind of pushed a Big RESET button and avoided a lot of interesting consequences from the whole Framework:

-> Al staying in the framework was a very powerful moment, but in the end he comes back.
-> Everyone (outside Fitz a bit) treats the Framework memories like a dream instead of having real personal consequences.
-> The way they recover the Darkhold was super-dumb
-> AIDA was a great antagonist but in the end they get rid of her in less than 24 hours after exiting the Framework.
-> Ghost Rider appearance was very cool, but the way things went it felt like a Deus Ex Machina rushed script to get rid superfast of the arc.

I mean, there were some tangible consequences but the ones that could have really mattered (Al gone in the Framework, Fitz and Melinda really feeling the pain and confusion of Hydra doings, AIDA not doing dumb plans and being a pushover in the finale,etc) were kind of wasted in the end.

Whatever happened to that cyborg guy from season one and why is he not being used more often? One would think they could use more muscle in Shield. He would have been helpful against AIDA.

bitbydeath

Wasn't Wards last scene where he was ready to have a massive shootout and someone else arrives that he was surprised having turn up?

Was that meant to be his Skye?

Boem

I suspect if it had been a series finale, they would have used a different cut of them not getting arrested.

According to that IGN interview discussing this episode, this was going to be the ending no matter what. They where just crossing their fingers hoping for a renewal (so we actually got pretty close to an Agent Carter-like open ending if this got cancelled now). Which kind of sucks!

They get asked about having an ending in mind in that IGN interview, and they said they want to close it all off in case they do get cancelled, but they would have to know weeks in advance. They agree that it's possible that season 5 is the last one, so if that turns out to be the case, they'll need some weeks to build towards that definitive ending. The sucky part of that is, if the news drops just before the final episode airs again next season and it turns out they're cancelled, chances are it won't be a completely clean ending.

Pachimari

They should just build toward a definitive ending next season no matter what. And if they in the unlikely event gets picked up, just come up with something.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
-> Everyone (outside Fitz a bit) treats the Framework memories like a dream instead of having real personal consequences.

I agree with a lot of your post, but this part actually makes sense in the context of the show - Fitz is the only one who's actions in the framework actually did have real personal consequences. Even if we assume that he would not be that bothered by the heinous acts he performed against random AI people, there's a lot of heavy sht. He was directly complicit in Mace's death, murdered Agnes (who was at least as "real" as Radcliffe), was incredibly brutal to the woman he loves, and of course is directly involved in the creation of human body Ophelia, which itself is a huge can of worms.

Fitz did some shit.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Wasn't Wards last scene where he was ready to have a massive shootout and someone else arrives that he was surprised having turn up?

Was that meant to be his Skye?

No, his Skye wouldn't show up until Daisy left the framework. They were talking about the people seeing the broadcast and coming to help the resistance.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I agree with a lot of your post, but this part actually makes sense in the context of the show - Fitz is the only one who's actions in the framework actually did have real personal consequences. Even if we assume that he would not be that bothered by the heinous acts he performed against random AI people, there's a lot of heavy sht. He was directly complicit in Mace's death, murdered Agnes (who was at least as "real" as Radcliffe), was incredibly brutal to the woman he loves, and of course is directly involved in the creation of human body Ophelia, which itself is a huge can of worms.

Fitz did some shit.
Plus torturing Daisy, which makes her forgiveness of him at the end of the episode all the more potent. She's the surviving one who probably suffered the most at his hands in the Framework.

I was a bit bothered by how open they left the S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff. Is S.H.I.E.L.D now dead again? Did the tape of Daisy get released to the public?

I almost did the Anderson Cooper eye roll when they mentioned that SHIELD is considered public enemy number one again.

SHIELD...in SPPPPPPAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE

Damn, 2 well known people who were on the show passed in just a year.

Fuck man.

Dope ass season.

I kinda hated the HYDRA World shit but didn't deter me away unlike a show like it would have. The Ghost Rider arc was still the best shit on TV.

Nowhere to go but up...IN SPACCCCCEEEEEEEEE

Call of Duty did it so why not. ;)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
They probably came up with that ending because, if you don't have that "Coulson in space" stinger and just left off with them being taken by a bunch of black ops guys, it leaves viewers figuring that they were the authorities who were coming to arrest the SHIELD team for all the shit that just went down. Ending the show like that puts the SHIELD team out of commission so that, whenever something happens in another MCU movie or show later on, no one is asking, "Well where is Coulson's team? They should be helping to handle this." The show would end with them arrested, and we'd just assume they've been incarcerated forever or whatever. It ties up the loose end of a team of SHIELD agents running around doing things.

Of course, you can still ask the question "Well where is Coulson's team?" during any given MCU show or movie and not have a satisfactory answer, but that's a different matter. I imagine the above is what the writers were thinking.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This, exactly. On-location shooting is more expensive than building some sets on a soundstage and shooting on those all the time. Moving the show to take place mostly on a space station probably will save money.

As I was heading out for lunch, I think one of the last things I read was from here, about budget cuts going forward, and as I was driving, I wondered if going with mostly blue screen shooting, if it's going to be mostly space sets, would be cheaper than going to locations (which means bringing along people, trailers, food), than just staying on set and avoid the logistics of location shooting.

I mean, Syfy's The Expanse is still going on, looks good, but I know it's got to be done on a small budget. So I can see this working.

pestul

Talking about Marvel rights holders, I thought the TV space differed drastically from film? In the case of SWORD, Fox owns all of the rights?

They got pulled into Framework 2.0. Now they'll be in the real real MCU and Ward, Tripp, Hunter, Bobbi, and Lincoln rejoin the team.

Spoilers:
Thanos kills Framework Lincoln

Top Bottom