• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

ZeoVGM

Banned
Here's a crazy thought: A.R.M.O.R.

Next season isn't actually about space. They're diving full into alternate realities.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Pretty much a flawless season. Definitely wish that maybe the finale was 2 hours and that it kind of went by in a blink, but other than that...

Same. It was the first time I watched live this season so I think finally having commercials played a part in that, at least for me.

I'll be rewatching again tomorrow though. It was a packed finale.

(Also, can we give it up for Henry Simmons? The pure horror/sadness on Mack's face when Hope disappeared was heartbreaking.)

RS4-

Finale could've used another 30 mins. Expected a bit more, instead Aida's death is lol. It was the kind of fight that looked like there'd be another Aida somehow.

Fantastic season, nice sendoff for Radcliffe.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I didn't think it was possible to make a full 22 ep season with no filler

like seriously has this ever been done?

Well, I think we need to be fair with the word "filler." Some shows have filler be design. Supernatural is not a fully serialized show. Many episodes are "monster of the week" stuff but no one who saw seasons 4 or 5 would ever think "filler" when watching it.

But in terms of a serialized show such as this? It's rare that there's not an episode that feels like padding.

The shortened season 4 of Lost, perhaps. Or, to be honest, season 2 of this show. Haha.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just watched the last 2 episodes back to back. This show became so amazing. Probably my favorite show on TV right now.

It'll be LONG wait to season 5!

Read the above. The pacing of the episode was off the charts and they never once showed the transfer to Coulson. I feel like it should be pretty easy to see where the confusion would come from this episode.

That was the point though. It was a surprise for the audience just as much as it was for AIDA. It was brilliant too because the audience knows something was going on when Jemma said "You did this" and then subsequently got killed. But that was a fake out the real surprise was Coulson having the Rider inside him.

If you've watched the whole season you know this is possible when Mack had the Rider. It's not confusing at all.

mreddie

SHIELD...in SPPPPPPAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE

Damn, 2 well known people who were on the show passed in just a year.

Fuck man.

Dope ass season.

I kinda hated the HYDRA World shit but didn't deter me away unlike a show like it would have. The Ghost Rider arc was still the best shit on TV.

Nowhere to go but up...IN SPACCCCCEEEEEEEEE

ZeoVGM

Banned
Marvel owns Alpha Flight, they mentioned Department H in an early episode of AOS.

They don't. Fox does. AoS got away with a random quick Department H name drop but Alpha Flight is Fox.

Simon Kinberg, one of the X-Men producers, mentioned them a few months back as a possibility for the future. Granted, he called them X-Flight by mistake, but we know what he meant.

Nyanmaruz

GHOST RIDER WAS AMAZING IN THIS SEASON FINALE!!!
The action sequence with him puts Iron Fist to damn shame!!

When Robbie mentions:
"The earth is just one territory the earth in a war that has been going on forever."
Was he talking something is hinting or related to Infinity War?

Also, when he opens up a portal by himself at the end, I almost wished the portal showed the front door of the Sactum Sactorum at 177A Bleecker Street. Having Robbie delivering the Darkhold to Strange would be fucking perfect!!

Mariolee

Every time Ghost Rider showed up my hype and my sister's hype was off the chain (heh). What a perfect season. My goodness.

I cannot imagine not having a Season 5. What in the hell...

In terms of a time jump, that actually makes sense. I think at the moment, the show is currently taking place in the past around end of 2016 to early 2017. So then we would expect (if they go back to the present by the time the show comes back most likely in January 2018) a full year within the show would have passed. A lot of shit can happen in a year.

TheOddOne

- A|V Club Review: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. abruptly closes the mystical book on season four.
- TVLine: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale Recap: And Now for 'Something Quite Different'.
Is it staying on Tuesday nights?
- EW: Why Once Upon a Time and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are heading to Fridays.
“We’ve turned Friday into more of a destination for our fantasy and science fiction fans,” ABC Chief Channing Dungey told reporters Tuesday morning. “Once Upon a Time and S.H.I.E.L.D. are airing on the same night for the first time, which is giving many fans of both shows what they’ve been asking for for a long time.”

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
No, it'll be on Fridays.

Boooo-urns.

Well I guess it's not SO bad. Tuesday already has Flash and Legends, Friday had nothing. Now I have a comic book show every day of the week except Saturday.

Sunday - Walking Dead/Preacher
Monday - Gotham/Supergirl/The Gifted
Tuesday - Flash/Legends
Wednesday - Arrow
Thursday - Legion
Friday - Inhumans/SHIELD

Pachimari

Boooo-urns.

Well I guess it's not SO bad. Tuesday already has Flash and Legends, Friday had nothing. Now I have a comic book show every day of the week except Saturday.

Sunday - Walking Dead/Preacher
Monday - Gotham/Supergirl/The Gifted
Tuesday - Flash/Legends
Wednesday - Arrow
Thursday - Legion
Friday - Inhumans/SHIELD

Gotham's moving to Thursdays next season.

Nyanmaruz

I'm still sad we didn't get to see Ward one last time in the finale...Probably got deleted and disappeared like the rest of them in the Framework off screen
He never got his Skye back... =(

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm still sad we didn't get to see Ward one last time in the finale...Probably got deleted and disappeared like the rest of them in the Framework off screen
He never got his Skye back... =(

I'm a bit bummed that they fleshed out Framework Ward only to apparently have him disappear off screen. The last we see of him is the smile on his face as he finds out that people are joining the Resistance. I kind of expected a bit more there.

(Until, of course, we find out that in the time we didn't see him, he ended up getting into the 3D printer and moving over to the real world, where he becomes main cast again in season 5.)

Jesus Christ, Robbie. That opening and the eyeball stuff was brutal. Good season. Nice to see that earlier interview about the reception to the three-arc structure and that they're looking at it for next season as well. Shame about Fox, but a SWORD by any other name, I guess.

KarmaCow

Wow I'm glad that it got renewed because holy fuck if it didn't. It would have been almost as bad as the Deadwood season turned series finale.

Renpatsu

Mack has to live with the memories of losing a daughter twice. His breakdown while the Framework was disintegrating was the moment that got me this episode.

Grazzt

What a fantastic season, although the finale was too rushed imo.
I'm a bit mad that Framework Tripp and Ward are completely forgotten. At least give us some farewell scene

Top Bottom