• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i remember the LMD tease at the end of S3

i would have never imagined it pay off so well

now we're in space for the run up to IW & a potential series finale? shit is gonna be wild. i really hope they get a decent budget, too - S4 made great use of it throughout the season.

strafer

wait, so next season will take place in space?

Im okay with that.

I think if the show hadn't get renewed they would have ended in the restaurant which is fine.

How the shit is it not SWORD?

That's the only way that ending is as cool as it is.

Episode kinda sucked tho

latest

Damn, Ghost Rider kicked ass in this.

And that stinger! I have no idea what the fuck's going on, but I'm okay with Agents of SPAAACE.

And Hope just disappearing in Mack's arms...what a gut punch. ='(

Pachimari

So what's up with the ending?

The team gets caught by the American government, we get a time skip, they make some kind of deal, and Shield now operates out of space?

I wonder for what reasons. Maybe we'll have a clearer idea after Thor: Ragnarok? What would the government need Shield to do in space anyway. And I'm thinking we can't get much much in space since the budget has been cut, so we'll probably go back to Earth in an instant.

So many questions.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

The team gets caught by the American government, we get a time skip, they make some kind of deal, and Shield now operates out of space?

I wonder for what reasons. Maybe we'll have a clearer idea after Thor: Ragnarok? What would the government need Shield to do in space anyway. And I'm thinking we can't get much much in space since the budget has been cut, so we'll probably go back to Earth in an instant.

So many questions.

Prepare for most of the episodes taking place in generic looking space station hallways. Cheaper to not needing to film outside.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That was a great episode. AoS's Ghost Rider effects have been amazing through out this season. Better than the 2 movies.

Really curious where they're taking it with that ending, not a big comic follower so most of this is new to me.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

So many questions.

Well it seems that it's only Coulson in space (or what we think is space!) at the minute. And him having made some sort of deal with Ghost Rider will probably have something to do with that.

Pachimari

Well it seems that it's only Coulson in space (or what we think is space!) at the minute. And him having made some sort of deal with Ghost Rider will probably have something to do with that.
This is what have been crossing my thought as well. Because we only see Coulson in space. I just wouldn't expect the season to take place there, and mostly still take place on Earth.

The Kree

Banned
That's how they save money next season. They shoot the entire series in a tin can with a few blue screened space backgrounds here and there.

trikster40

If someone could make a time machine real quick, I volunteer to go back in time and tell Marvel to not sell the rights to any of their properties. I'll show them the box office totals for their movies and they can tell Fox/Sony to suck it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If someone could make a time machine real quick, I volunteer to go back in time and tell Marvel to not sell the rights to any of their properties. I'll show them the box office totals for their movies and they can tell Fox/Sony to suck it.

nah, we'd never be getting a Black Panther movie then

Pachimari

You wouldn't have gotten any MCU movies or any of these tv shows then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jdstorm

Banned

No thanks. Spiderman 1 and 2 are still 2 of the best 5 Marvel films ever made.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm mad that we didnt get a Ward and Tripp farewell.

A final Ward scene would have been nice, but I think the Radlciffe scene more than made up for it. That shit was perfect.

trikster40

You wouldn't have gotten any MCU movies or any of these tv shows then. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Not necessarily. Marvel forming their own studios may not have been solely dependent upon Fox and Sony doing well with their movies. It could be more upon leadership and management. There are tons of other events that could have jumpstarted Marvel Studios like the billion $$ that DDark Knight made.

Heck, Marty McFly (Marvel) went back and just got his dad to punch out Biff (Fox/Sony). He was still alive in the present but now his dad was an author and his mom was hot and Biff had nothing.

No they didn't. They started selling off movie and TV rights when business was booming in the 70s.

Yep. Marvel Untold Story by Sean Howe is a must read. IIRC in the 70s, Marvel sold the rights to all their characters (toys, to be used in movies, tv, cartoons, games, et.al.) for 2500 to one guy who never used them lol. They miraculously got everything back and, unsatisfied, started selling them again, now with a contingency that the 3rd party licensee must produce something or lose the rights.

The Kree

Banned
Yep. Marvel Untold Story by Sean Howe is a must read. IIRC in the 70s, Marvel sold the rights to all their characters (toys, to be used in movies, tv, cartoons, games, et.al.) for 2500 to one guy who never used them lol. They miraculously got everything back and, unsatisfied, started selling them again, now with a contingency that the 3rd party licensee must produce something or lose the rights.

You don't even have to read the book. It's right there on Wikipedia along with the rest of their business history.

Quick

Banned
And I'm thinking we can't get much much in space since the budget has been cut, so we'll probably go back to Earth in an instant.

So many questions.

Is there confirmation of a reduced budget for season 5? I don't think I've read anything about it yet.

That ending seriously gave me a feeling we'll see Shield in the Infinity War because why not.

More likely a tie in with Thor Ragnarok which comes out in November, a few weeks after the start of season 5.

Such an amazing finale. My heart aches for Mack. Radcliff had a proper and sad send off too.

The move to the Friday 10pm death slot is sad but ok given that it will probably be the last season anyways.

Pachimari

More likely a tie in with Thor Ragnarok which comes out in November, a few weeks after the start of season 5.

Such an amazing finale. My heart aches for Mack. Radcliff had a proper and sad send off too.

The move to the Friday 10pm death slot is sad but ok given that it will probably be the last season anyways.
S5 could be starting in January, after Thor in November. And it has moved from a 10 slot to a 9 slot.

Yeah that was probably my favourite send off in this show so far. I've enjoyed his character arc from mad scientist to friend.
PICTURE
Best moment in the whole show, right there.

Harmen

Yes, the finale sticked the landing! Great season, overall the best season of any superhero show I have seen on tv. Seriously zero filler over the course of 22 fast paced episodes, without skipping the necessary exposition to keep the plot cohesive/understandable. Writers did a very good job at that, because that is extremely rare, even amongst some of the top drama series out there. And it is amazing how much better the drama got during this season, compared to the previous ones, especially Fitz and Aida nailed their parts.

I can think of many small things that I did not like, or feel like they could've been done better, but overall I don't think any other TV show of this (superhero/scifi/action) genre that did a better job at what it is set to do than this season (do keep in mind that I haven't watched all shows on tv).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah that was probably my favourite send off in this show so far. I've enjoyed his character arc from mad scientist to friend.

YAQHm0W.png

Yeah, this was a very well crafted and shot scene.

Wut? No... where did you get that from? He just borrowed the spirit from Robbie.

and made some kind of deal with the rider/Robbie that wasn't fully revealed. Unless I missed something.

Mariolee

Yep, Marvel made those deals to stay in business.

You're lucky Bobby Roberts doesn't watch this show or else he would do a penance stare and eviscerate both of you.

S5 could be starting in January, after Thor in November. And it has moved from a 10 slot to a 9 slot.

Not sure how to feel about that. The lack of restraint they've been given by moving to 10PM has definitely had a hand in the shows quality. It's allowed them to not pull any punches. Would we lose that in a 9PM move?

Harmen

Wait, now I can't remember this either, what price did Mack pay for having the Ghost Rider in him earlier in the season?

Nothing, I believe. Because in the case of Mack it was the Ghost Rider who possesed him and I recall the Rider making a comment that he can't stay in Mack.

Reyes accepted an offered deal from the previous Rider, to take vengeance. Coulson offered to make a deal, in order to defeat Ophelia. Mack was just a victim picked by the Rider without any consent.

TheDanimal

Just finished watching the latest episode and...
THAT T.S. ELIOT QUOTE FROM RADCLIFFE.
Wow I love this show so much, how am I going to wait nine months ;_;

Top Bottom