• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

iosefe

No new episode this week, Shield returns next week.

grgnk9a.gif

guek

Banned
Goddamn elections. No one cares about the VPs anyway!

Real talk, I don't think I could pick out Kaine or Pence in a lineup up of old white dudes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Had no idea there wouldn't be an episode this week. Kind of glad now that I waited until yesterday to watch last week's.

Penguin

R.I.P. any momentum the show gained these last few episodes.

*Looks at numbers*

If I was a fan, I'd use the week break to really sing the first two episodes' virtue on social media. Should still be available for streaming on sites and on-demand.

But yeah Tues shows are kind of bone... since will also take off for the Election in a few weeks.

Lots of start/stop momentum for shows this Fall.

Sanctuary

No new episode this week, Shield returns next week.

Just found this out myself, and seriously what the fuck? Two espisodes in, and they already take a two week break? Okay...
Remember when a season used to play from start to finish without these "mid season" or simply random breaks all of the time? Because I sure as hell do.

Sanctuary

LOL mid season breaks have been a thing for at least 10 years+.

They have not been common at all for "ten plus" years. Give me a break. Just look at Fear the Walking Dead for an example of not just one break, but two. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. literally just started and it's already taking a break. Shit's out of control.

They have not been common at all for "ten plus" years. Give me a break. Just look at Fear the Walking Dead for an example of not just one break, but two. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. literally just started and it's already taking a break. Shit's out of control.
Lol what? A presidential or VP debate always takes the priority over regularly scheduled programs on the major networks, no matter what decade it is.

I'm not sure, but I've been hearing that Luke Cage takes place at the same time as Daredevil S2, so there shouldn't be any references to it in SHIELD now; everything that happened in Daredevil S2 happened during SHIELD S3. Same thing the other way around; not much reason to reference SHIELD S3 in something airing now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm not sure, but I've been hearing that Luke Cage takes place at the same time as Daredevil S2, so there shouldn't be any references to it in SHIELD now; everything that happened in Daredevil S2 happened during SHIELD S3. Same thing the other way around; not much reason to reference SHIELD S3 in something airing now.

Yep. The relevant chunk of the timeline basically looks like this:

July 2015
WHIH Newsfront videos circa July 2015
Ant-Man (beginning 10 minutes or so)
Daredevil season two episodes one through six

October 2015
Ant-Man (rest of the movie)
Agents of SHIELD season three episodes one through five

November 2015
Agents of SHIELD season three episodes six through 10
Daredevil season two episodes seven through 13 (except the last 10 minutes of episode 13)
Luke Cage season one episodes one through seven

December 2015
Luke Cage season one episodes eight through 13
Daredevil season two episode 13 (last 10 minutes)

January through April 2016
Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 11 through 19
WHIH Newsfront videos circa April and May 2016
Captain America: Civil War
Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 20 through 22

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I mean any possible momentum going from the last two (good) episodes into the next one just died due to the break.

it's gonna get worse, probably. My guess on the schedule:

Oct. 11: episode 3
Oct. 18: episode 4
Oct. 25: episode 5
Nov. 1: episode 6
Nov. 8: break (Election Day)
Nov. 15: episode 7
Nov. 22: break (week of Thanksgiving)
Nov. 29: episode 8
Dec. 6: episode 9
Dec. 13 through Feb. 14: 10 weeks of winter break
Feb. 21: episode 10
May 16: episode 22 (series finale)

it's gonna get worse, probably. My guess on the schedule:

Oct. 11: episode 3
Oct. 18: episode 4
Oct. 25: episode 5
Nov. 1: episode 6
Nov. 8: break (Election Day)
Nov. 15: episode 7
Nov. 22: break (week of Thanksgiving)
Nov. 29: episode 8
Dec. 6: episode 9
Dec. 13 through Feb. 14: 10 weeks of winter break
Feb. 21: episode 10
May 16: episode 22 (series finale)

I agree with this except Episode 10 will be Dec. 13th. They've always had a 10/12 split each season.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I agree with this except Episode 10 will be Dec. 13th. They've always had a 10/12 split each season.

You might be right that they'll have the tenth episode on Dec. 13, in which case, I'd expect them to bring the show back on Feb. 28. I guess that all makes more sense.

Either way, it's gonna be a rocky first half to the season as far as the schedule goes.

You might be right that they'll have the tenth episode on Dec. 13, in which case, I'd expect them to bring the show back on Feb. 28. I guess that all makes more sense.

Either way, it's gonna be a rocky first half to the season as far as the schedule goes.

Wherefore art thou, Agent Carter? That was such a great way to break up the season. :(

katagai

I got an email today from Amazon saying I qualified for some promotion because I purchased the season pass and they sent me a code for some free comics. I don't have any interest in reading them, so I'm tossing the code in here so at least someone who's interested can use it.

• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2016) #1
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2016) #2
Quote to see the code

To redeem your free digital comic books:

1. Go to the comiXology website: http://www.comixology.com/redeem. Note that this offer is also redeemable via the Marvel website: http://comicstore.marvel.com/redeem.

2. Log in to your comiXology account when prompted (you'll need to create a new account if you don't have one already)

3. Enter your redemption code: XXXXXXXXXXXX

4. Select "Redeem"

If you redeem it, let me know.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I got an email today from Amazon saying I qualified for some promotion because I purchased the season pass and they sent me a code for some free comics. I don't have any interest in reading them, so I'm tossing the code in here so at least someone who's interested can use it.

• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2016) #1
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2016) #2
Quote to see the code

If you redeem it, let me know.

So, can we just claim it? Do want.

Zomba13

Agents of SHIELD don't reference Netflix and Netflix don't reference Agents of SHIELD and Movies don't reference either but both reference the movies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

No, you're wrong.

In fact, shows going on and on without a break is actually less common overall. Don't let Netflix and premium cable fool you.

For example, I just went back to the list of X-Files episodes. First season had a two week break at the end of November, another at the end of December, two separate weeks off in January, went a month between episodes February-March, etc. Jump to season 6, and it had fewer breaks (because it didn't start until November), but still took a break for the second half of December, took a couple weeks off in March, and a week off in April.

Jump back to another network and another Superhero show, and you see Heroes do the standard December break, and another break through most of March and April. Even 24, a show explicitly about a single continuous story running in real time, took mid-season breaks for its first few seasons.

Now is it better for a show's episodes to all come out regularly in one shot? Of course. But doing it the other way has been fairly standard for decades.

Slayven

I feel binge watching takes some of the wonder out of a show. Some times it is cool to have a week to think and speculate and digest shit.

anaron

I feel binge watching takes some of the wonder out of a show. Some times it is cool to have a week to think and speculate and digest shit.
Totally agree.

There's no lasting conversation to be had with the binge release model the way there is with the traditional viewing.

Top Bottom