• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Honestly, I felt the show has never really been that good. I can't say there is a truly good definitive season like I can for other shows in the genre. I stick with it in hopes it will get better but, after 4 seasons, I just don't know if it can. They really should consider getting rid of this show. I'd say shorten the season but, i'm sure everyone has already said that.

I think it has been proven with Agent Carter season 1 that shows like these do better with less episodes.

I can't be the only person to have said this. Don't act brand new comicsGAF.

jmood88

Honestly, I felt the show has never really been that good. I can't say there is a truly good definitive season like I can for other shows in the genre. I stick with it in hopes it will get better but, after 4 seasons, I just don't know if it can. They really should consider getting rid of this show. I'd say shorten the season but, i'm sure everyone has already said that.

I think it has been proven with Agent Carter season 1 that shows like these do better with less episodes.

I can't be the only person to have said this. Don't act brand new comicsGAF.
So you felt like the show was never good but it took you 3 years, plus 2 episodes of this season to understand that? Ok.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Or you could just stop watching.

Crazy, I know.

Yeah, I never understand people who say that. Is the show taking up the space of some other ABC property you're dying for?

jmood88 said:
Some of the people on this site make absolutely no sense to me.

Honestly, I don't see how I don't. I'm a fan of the source material. I wanted the show to get better. This season appears to be too much of a departure for what I am expecting. I don't like it, I have had enough. I'm done.

The genre is growing, I have options now and i'm allowed to let go of shows that just aren't doing it(even after 3 seasons and 2 episodes into the 4th). The bar has been risen.

jmood88

Honestly, I don't see how I don't. I'm a fan of the source material. I wanted the show to get better. This season appears to be too much of a departure for what I am expecting. I don't like it, I have had enough. I'm done.

The genre is growing, I have options now and i'm allowed to let go of shows that just aren't doing it(even after 3 seasons and 2 episodes into the 4th). The bar has been risen.
I can maybe understand watching one season if you're a huge fan of the comics. I could even give you a small pass for waiting around for part of the second season to see if they changed things you didn't like from the first but to watch three full seasons of a show you don't like, plus two episodes of the 4th thinking that anything would change your mind makes no sense whatsoever to me.

SHow is so over. Looks like they're stretching with this season. I'm officially out.
Of all the things there are to actually complain about, your beef is the pacing? Sometimes I think the show should slow down because I feel they don't take enough time to introduce things sometimes!

Kelsdesu

Just saw episode 2 and I am not into it. Netflix doing too good of a job. Disney should get smart and move it to Netflix and chop that shit into a 13 episode format.

Peggy Carter being so much better than AOS is proof that the miniseries format is better.

Cuburt

grgnk9a.gif

I like how his real teeth are still visible throughout the transformation.

Would have been sick to see flame blowing out of his nose cavity as his nose is burned away. Just how they have flames coming out of his jaws like it's an exhaust is so cool.

I need more of this new Ghost Rider.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Of all the things there are to actually complain about, your beef is the pacing? Sometimes I think the show should slow down because I feel they don't take enough time to introduce things sometimes!

I disagree with his opinion but I'm pretty sure he meant that the show is a stretch, not that's it's stretching things out. Like they are reaching too much with the changes.

Jonogunn

Just saw episode 2 and I am not into it. Netflix doing too good of a job. Disney should get smart and move it to Netflix and chop that shit into a 13 episode format.

Peggy Carter being so much better than AOS is proof that the miniseries format is better.

You can make that argument for season 1 but season was....ehhh

Agent carter would have been a better show if it took a grounded approach

anaron

Agent Carter better? loooooool

jph139

I really love Agent Carter (both the character and to a lesser extent the show), but, yeah, I think it's probably the worst piece of the MCU by a pretty wide margin.

Is this bizarro day? Not only was Agent Carter not better than AoS S2 but it still managed to drag shit in its first season with just 8 episodes. Season 2 was an improvement in that respect.

anaron

Is this bizarro day? Not only was Agent Carter not better than AoS S2 but it still managed to drag shit in its first season with just 8 episodes. Season 2 was an improvement in that respect.
Exactly. I loved the show but the pacing was atrocious and it managed to make 8-10 episodes feel like forever.

how does that happen

Which reminds me: Are they ever going to tell the Avengers that Coulson is alive?

Actually it would be pretty funny if cap was the only one who doesn't know. Widow and hawkeye would of heard through the grapevine from shield buddies, stark could conceivably come across it snooping at some point, Thor can probably just sense it and assumes the others can too and banner should be like: who?

Volimar

Given Stark's tech abilities and the fact he was funding secret SHIELD it's kind of inconceivable that at least he doesn't know that Coulson is alive.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Given Stark's tech abilities and the fact he was funding secret SHIELD it's kind of inconceivable that at least he doesn't know that Coulson is alive.

Did I miss something? Stark wasn't funding them, unless Hill and Fury were embezzling money from the Avengers.

Da-Kid

Did I miss something? Stark wasn't funding them, unless Hill and Fury were embezzling money from the Avengers.
He didn't fund SHIELD, he gave SHIELD his Arch Reactor technology to power the new Helicarriers and let them use some of his other tech too Captain America: WS. Like the Hellicarriers thrusters. He designed those, that's it.

The only thing Stark does fund is the Avengers.

Slayven

What if Mace is a blend of two characters?

Listening to a podcast they make an interesting arguement. Why look for someone you can trust when you can build one? And we know LMD shit will be important on the back half. And they got the fire FXs already

anaron

What if Mace is a blend of two characters?

Listening to a podcast they make an interesting arguement. Why look for someone you can trust when you can build one? And we know LMD shit will be important on the back half. And they got the fire FXs already

I think it would be cool and a great idea should they do it.

James (Hellfire) is coming back and episode four will feature
Eli Morrow
http://todaynewsshow.com/agents-of-shield-episode-4-04-let-me-stand-next-to-your-fire-press-release/

BTails

Just watched Episode 2 last night, and man, this season is ripping it up so far. Very excited about all the plotlines that have been setup.

Also, I loved the not-so-subtle dig at Agent Carter's cancellation. During the tour, Coulson muttered something along the lines of: "Most people know of Agent Carter, but there were so many stories that were never recorded..."

Quick

Banned
All caught up. Damn good premiere and second episode. Really digging Ghost Rider so far.

As much as I liked that things were resolved fairly quickly in the last couple of seasons, I like that they seem intent on keeping Daisy away from SHIELD to team up with Robbie.

And the ghosts and those boxes are intriguing especially with how Robbie's tied up to it. Makeup is pretty wack, but I ain't even mad lol.

Fracturing the team further with May gone should be interesting. I have a feeling that May, Daisy and Robbie are going to end up crossing paths with the whole box ghost thing.

I love that small details.

I think Coulson should be unveiled alive, because, well, fuck Whedon.

With the series premiere unveiling that Coulson is alive internally to certain members of SHIELD, the series finale should be his unveiling publicly.

Whedon created the show as a vehicle for Gregg. Do you really think he's the one standing in the way for that?

Some people somehow interpreted his comments before AoU was released to mean that he was the sole or primary person standing in the way of the films acknowledging AoS. I have no idea how anyone came away with that interpretation, TBH.

Actually it would be pretty funny if cap was the only one who doesn't know. Widow and hawkeye would of heard through the grapevine from shield buddies, stark could conceivably come across it snooping at some point, Thor can probably just sense it and assumes the others can too and banner should be like: who?

My headcanon is that Banner is the only one who knows Coulson is alive, but he has no idea who Coulson is or that he died so he never tells anyone.

Top Bottom