• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I really hope AoS gets another season, I need good comic book shows. I finally finished watching the second season of Flash I think I've given up on that one. Too much stupid. Haven't finished the last season of Arrow yet but finished Supergirl and it's good enough to keep watching.

Is Gotham worth watching as a comic book show? I think I've watched like the first 2 or 3 episodes from season 1.

guek

Banned
You can watch it on their website, just not the newest episode for a week.

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield

Thanks! Though waiting an extra week sucks donkey balls

Is Gotham worth watching as a comic book show? I think I've watched like the first 2 or 3 episodes from season 1.

Supposedly. I only got about 5 episodes in before giving up on it too but by all accounts, it gets much better by the end of season 1.

Matty77

Just caught this. Other than a really strong second season this show has kind of exsisted for me in a not great but not bad enough to quit holding pattern, and mostly exploring corners of marvel I do not care about.

But I bought into ghost rider last week, and then this week one word finally made me realize this really is my favorite corner of marvel.

Darkhold.

The Dark side of Marvel.

Now if only someone would make a Tomb of Dracula show I could die happy.

mm04

Really liking the tone of the season so far. Liking Ghost Rider more than I thought I would and his interaction w/Quake. Poor Mack looking so distraught in that scene after splinting her up.

Penguin

Eh, they're doing pretty awful all around. They own AoS and more episodes will bring even more syndication. It's also still the only Marvel show that is designed and suitable for syndication.

No they aren't

Their Wedn and Thurs do just fine.

And imagine their Tues line-up will do well once the comedies return.

And once AoS finishes this season they'll have enough eps to sell it into syndication. I'm not sure the logistics of it, but don't think they need more eps to have a better package if the show was only semi-popular. (It's also kind of hurt by being serialized in nature, which is why you see Law and Order and comedies on like all channels)

I really hope AoS gets another season, I need good comic book shows. I finally finished watching the second season of Flash I think I've given up on that one. Too much stupid. Haven't finished the last season of Arrow yet but finished Supergirl and it's good enough to keep watching.

The amount you like or dislike Gotham will depend on your taste and how serious you take your TV and how you feel about camp. Season one gets better but I don't think it really started to shine until season two (which still had more than a few issues) with the amount of ridiculousness it embraced.

At the very least it looks better than any of the Berlanti super hero shows.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The amount you like or dislike Gotham will depend on your taste and how serious you take your TV and how you feel about camp. Season one gets better but I don't think it really started to shine until season two (which still had more than a few issues) with the amount of ridiculousness it embraced.

I'll give it a chance, thanks.

mm04

Agreed. Gotham, iZombie and The Flash (mostly because of Cisco) are my top 3. Gotham is the most comic book-like adaptation, in terms of outrageous over the top crap. I like almost all the characters except Fish Mooney.

Man if AoS gets canceled after this season I really hope they incorporate the cast still into Marvel somehow. Have them show up in the Netflix series or something. At the very least Daisy and Coulson should be kept around

Khaz

Why does Daisy's powers seem so depowered? She when from shaking mountains to nothing really that great.

She can shake mountains easily, it's controlling the vibrations amplitude and frequency to shake smaller stuff that's difficult.

Man if AoS gets canceled after this season I really hope they incorporate the cast still into Marvel somehow. Have them show up in the Netflix series or something. At the very least Daisy and Coulson should be kept around

I don't see how or why this would ever happen. Nobody from this show would fit on any of the Netflix shows. They have a completely different vibe from it.

Marvel should, and almost certainly will, just forget this show ever existed once ABC puts it out of its misery.

I don't see how or why this would ever happen. Nobody from this show would fit on any of the Netflix shows. They have a completely different vibe from it.

Marvel should, and almost certainly will, just forget this show ever existed once ABC puts it out of its misery.

Pretty sure Ghost Rider would fit right in with Punisher, Daredevil, etc on Netflix.

Get real. AOS's Ghost Rider looks like a kid doing community theater compared to Daredevil's Punisher, and I'm not even that big of a fan that show.

Punisher would be nerfed to hell and back on ABC too. The Rider on Netflix would have far less restrictions on him. The character would fit with them on the street level with ease.

Penguin

That aside

What benefits would they bring to these shows

I assume the audience is very similar, and if not... I don't know if the SHIELD audience is dedicated enough to follow these chars to shows they aren't watching as it is.

Well Coulson has already been in numerous MCU films and Daisy is a pretty powerful character with a decent actress. I think those 2 would be pretty damn easy to incorporate anywhere they wanted to

anaron

Not gonna happen with Jeph Loeb in charge of the TV division.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i doubt it would ever happen, but robbie reyes could find himself in nyc and slide right into the netflix universe

anaron

and why wouldn't they use Quake, Melinda May, or Robbie?

The MCU needs some serious diversity and this show is one of the only properties that provides it.

Jonogunn

They could totally fit. Yes the tone is soooo very different and the characters are written to fit their respective shows tone more but much like the MCU movies each movie has a different tone yet they use th same characters.

For example captain America was very different in both the movie tones and the characters portrayal in the first avenger/avengers and winter soldier/civil war.

Iron man'a character wasn't ever portrayed the way he was in civil war compared to the other movies he's in (maybe iron man 1)

Can someone post a Gif of the second transformation of the Ghost Rider in episode 2? Man I got the chills everytime he transforms, especially with the music they play for him...

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Can someone post a Gif of the second transformation of the Ghost Rider in episode 2? Man I got the chills everytime he transforms, especially with the music they play for him...

grgnk9a.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The Rider's effects are so good for a TV show like this. Like so many Marvel TV things before, this already makes me way more interested in the character than I was before.

wildfire

Banned
They could totally fit. Yes the tone is soooo very different and the characters are written to fit their respective shows tone more but much like the MCU movies each movie has a different tone yet they use th same characters.

For example captain America was very different in both the movie tones and the characters portrayal in the first avenger/avengers and winter soldier/civil war.

Iron man'a character wasn't ever portrayed the way he was in civil war compared to the other movies he's in (maybe iron man 1)

I honestly believe the can transplant different characters to each show but they need to be selective.

I could see Jessica Jones on AOS.

I could see Punisher, and Agents May, Coulson and Quake on Luke Cage.

I could only see Yo Yo and the metal melter on Dare Devil without breaking the boundaries of what Shield covers.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, they should've already gotten the Darkhold by the end of the episode and Robbie should already be an honorary agent.

Quick

Banned
I like the usual "show is trash I'm done" schtick every season.

I haven't actually started season 4 yet though lol

Top Bottom