• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

And dang Bear McCreary killed it with the music during the fight scene with the Watchdogs. Especially the shots with Yo-Yo disarming everyone. Very Avengers-esque.

aparisi2274

With SHIELD back in the public eye, how can they keep Coulson hidden? I mean is there not one single Avenger that has the means to figure out that he is alive?

I sure hope he shows up in Avengers Infinity War...

mreddie

Well, the next 3 movies aren't gonna bring up SHIELD likely so fair game.

Good ep, not shocked WatchDoge are back, seems like a loose thread and now Senator Jerk is funding them, I just forgot who the statue was.

Season has been pretty good so far. Shame that only like 12 people are still watching it. Hope the show goes out with a bang and maybe some of the characters are salvaged for something else.

With SHIELD back in the public eye, how can they keep Coulson hidden? I mean is there not one single Avenger that has the means to figure out that he is alive?

Well that's kind of the whole idea of him not being the director/public face anymore.

Neoxon

It's the reason why Coulson isn't director.

Mariolee

So I guess what happened to the Senator's bro is that he got into direct contact with the Terrigen crystals rather than the diluted version somehow?

anaron

This season has been really great so far.

"I liked working in the shadows"

"well at least you won't have to live in them"

was such an awesome moment. the music was killer throughout and Yo-Yo & Ghosy Rider continue to be the best.

Epcott

:(

I missed the episode again. It comes on so late now, I find myself waking up midway through the episode only to fall back to sleep. I hope next day streaming is taken into consideration when they tally the ratings. I want this show to succeed.

So did it make sense for the other EMPs to turn off when they did given the "demands" were not met? Unless the implication is that SHIELD actually managed to find and dismantle them all, but that seems like something we should have been shown explicitly.

The fact that inhumans in this show's version of the MCU seem to be fairly prevalent, it will feel odd moving forward if absolutely no one in the actual films mentions Inhumans or even SHIELD.
Or the Netflix shows for that matter. No mention of Inhumans when encountering someone like Luke Cage?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Or the Netflix shows for that matter. No mention of Inhumans when encountering someone like Luke Cage?

Jessica Jones had people going "You're one of them!" But that's pretty vague. They could easily just mean "you're like The Avengers, in that you're super weird and have powers."

But the fact neither Jessica or Luke have had someone from SHIELD come up to them and go "So, we just kinda wanna ask you some questions," is super weird.

Luke Cage takes place from Summer to Fall 2015 IIRC so Inhumans weren't really a known thing yet. But the easier answer is that just like the movie side or no one on the Netflix TV side really gives a shit about Agents of SHIELD despite Jeph Loeb being involved with it all.

HeySeuss

They mentioned it both in Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. "You're one of them?" "Are you one of those freaks?" Etc...

Maybe people just don't use the term inhuman in their normal conversation.

It'd be nice if the Defenders does something with it, at least. Luke Cage takes place in an ambiguous part of the timeline where the terrigen contamination had already occurred but Inhuman events were still relatively isolated - especially with SHIELD, the ATCU, and HYDRA all acting on terrigen-caused events as they happened.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You have to keep in mind that the Netflix series do not take place in real time when they're released like Agents of SHIELD and the movies roughly do. They usually take place when they were filmed, although that isn't even always necessarily true.

It made sense for Jessica Jones not to mention Inhumans because it takes place before the terrigen outbreak -- it's in January through March 2015, while the terrigen outbreak happens at the end of SHIELD season 2 in May 2015. But Daredevil season 2, which starts July 2015 and jumps to November into December 2015, and Luke Cage, which happens in November and December 2015, have no excuse for ignoring Inhumans. The producers and writers just don't give a fuck, I guess.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I don't give a fuck about Inhumans in Luke Cage and DD S2 either tbh.

Also YoYo's slowed down sequence was really cool this week.

Neoxon

The world under attack and no mention of calling The Avengers?
The Avengers are kinda in shambles right now after what happened in Civil War.

That said, if I recall, the main link between the shows & the movies is WHIH News (namely the videos that went up for Ant-Man), which mentioned events that went on in SHIELD Season 3 at the bottom.

It'd be nice if the Defenders does something with it, at least. Luke Cage takes place in an ambiguous part of the timeline where the terrigen contamination had already occurred but Inhuman events were still relatively isolated - especially with SHIELD, the ATCU, and HYDRA all acting on terrigen-caused events as they happened.

With the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Registration/etc. stuff thats going on right now in the MCU/SHIELD, they have to address it in the Netflix shows eventually, right?

The registration stuff is only mentioned in SHIELD though, since the movie Sokovia Accords only talks about the Avengers. So I guess we'll find out if SHIELD actually matters or not.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The Avengers are kinda in shambles right now after what happened in Civil War.

That said, if I recall, the main link between the shows & the movies is WHIH News (namely the videos that went up for Ant-Man), which mentioned events that went on in SHIELD Season 3 at the bottom.

They did indeed.

kTEtCvv.jpg
nXZeitj.jpg

With the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Registration/etc. stuff thats going on right now in the MCU/SHIELD, they have to address it in the Netflix shows eventually, right?

The registration stuff is only mentioned in SHIELD though, since the movie Sokovia Accords only talks about the Avengers. So I guess we'll find out if SHIELD actually matters or not.

The Sokovia Accords happen in April 2016, about four months after Luke Cage and Daredevil season two end. We'll have to see when Iron Fist and The Defenders are set to find out whether they should be affected.

Neoxon

They did indeed.
Wasn't that coordinated by Marvel Studios (hence them getting Paul Rudd on-board)? If so, it would show that there's some semblance of the movie stuff acknowledging by the TV stuff. Hopefully that spreads to the films themselves eventually (even if it's an off-handed reference).

The Kree

Banned
The movies take longer to come together which makes it harder to reference stuff closer to real time. They should at least be talking about Inhumans by now though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The Sokovia Accords happen in April 2016, about four months after Luke Cage and Daredevil season two end. We'll have to see when Iron Fist and The Defenders are set to find out whether they should be affected.

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out when the timelines match up. About the only one who might be affected by the Accords is Luke Cage. Everyone knows he's bulletproof. All people know about Daredevil is he's a vigilante. Jessica Jones is completely under the radar.

Chorazin

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out when the timelines match up. About the only one who might be affected by the Accords is Luke Cage. Everyone knows he's bulletproof. All people know about Daredevil is he's a vigilante. Jessica Jones is completely under the radar.

Not really.

Mariah in Cage specifically mentions "A woman snaps her ex-boyfriends neck because she claims he mind-controlled her" in a very public speech that got a crowd reaction. She's not Luke Cage known but definitely known.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Not really.

Mariah in Cage specifically mentions "A woman snaps her ex-boyfriends neck because she claims he mind-controlled her" in a very public speech that got a crowd reaction. She's not Luke Cage known but definitely known.

As far as being powered she is. That mention was more about Kilgrave.

Christian

I think the bigger issue is, in my mind, how do you have The Defenders not run into Spider-Man or vice versa? They're all frolicking in each others' backyards. I just can't imagine them not meeting at some point. I know it's not going to happen, but it just doesn't seem right.

I think the bigger issue is, in my mind, how do you have The Defenders not run into Spider-Man or vice versa? They're all frolicking in each others' backyards. I just can't imagine them not meeting at some point. I know it's not going to happen, but it just doesn't seem right.

I mean .. it could. It won't but it could

Khaz

Now I want to know more about Jeffrey Mace's "work on international affairs". He was put in charge because he was an "enhanced", and "everybody knows about him".

Top Bottom