• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Roussow

What was the second half of season 3 like? I'm going to catch up regardless of quality, just to see this dope Ghost Rider content in season 4. That first half of that season was promising.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What was the second half of season 3 like? I'm going to catch up regardless of quality, just to see this dope Ghost Rider content in season 4. That first half of that season was promising.

It was mostly disappointing. The first half of season three was much better. The last episode of the season wasn't bad, though.

kirblar

s3 felt like it had budget cuts all over. completely meh. S4 is back to S2 levels of awesome so far.

Khaz

A rollercoaster of hype and disappointment. It had really cool premises but the resolves weren't that great. Some of the action were great though. It has to be seen at least to know the ends of the various storylines.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

kinda boring

s4 is the best the shows ever been

anaron

Was this the first episode of S4 to feature "we'll be back in a moment" bits? I swear they weren't in my airings of the first two episodes.

Cuburt

Can I just say that all the interesting characters that are more ambiguous with their alignment or have different agendas get killed off when the current storyline doesn't suit them.

I understand why with how AoS goes in so many directions and covers of many aspects of the MCU but sometimes it sucks having few characters outside the core team actually stick around, especially the more interesting ones.

Just got a chance to watch this season and Holy Shit, this is Season 2 levels of greatness.

Hope they manage to carry this momentum forward for the rest of season.

Khaz

I just remembered a couple of thought I had watching:
- when the blackout first started, I thought we would see the Blackout guy again, from the episode with Coulson's ex and her cello. But with pumped up powers, obviously.
- The looting and destruction happen like 10 minutes after the lights go off, in broad daylight. I mean I could understand how the lack of electricity would slowly descend a city into chaos, but the pacing was laughably off.

I know the MCU doesn't even acknowledge the show, but this is SHIELD returning something they could ignore? Granted, they ignored the whole Inhuman outbreak thing with the terrigen crystals and fish oil and all that, but the fall of SHIELD was actually pretty significant in the MCU, so you'd think its return would be acknowledged. I should know better as a fan of the show than to hope the movies will have even the slightest of references, but still, this seems a bit too big to ignore.

BLACKLAC

I know the MCU doesn't even acknowledge the show, but this is SHIELD returning something they could ignore? Granted, they ignored the whole Inhuman outbreak thing with the terrigen crystals and fish oil and all that, but the fall of SHIELD was actually pretty significant in the MCU, so you'd think its return would be acknowledged. I should know better as a fan of the show than to hope the movies will have even the slightest of references, but still, this seems a bit too big to ignore.

The only film coming up that would need to address it is IW. And we still don't know what Fury has been up too.

btw, this Gabriel Luna dude is great as Ghost Rider. I wouldn't mind seeing him lead his own show on Netflix and possibly joining The Defenders.

The only film coming up that would need to address it is IW. And we still don't know what Fury has been up too.

I hope it does. Fury actually been on this show.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I mean... which movies would need to acknowledge it? Atleast over the next couple years, there's Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians, Thor, Black Panther, Infinity War (which we don't know how big it will be or who all it will involve), and Ant-Man and Wasp.

There's only acouple of those where SHIELD would necessarily cross over or be involved with. Assuming they ever will...

But yes, it was awkward and pointless long ago, and it's only made more ridiculous with time. If anything, Coulson should have atleast shown up to ask Jessica Jones or Luke Cage acouple questions.

I mean... which movies would need to acknowledge it? Atleast over the next couple years, there's Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Guardians, Thor, Black Panther, Infinity War (which we don't know how big it will be or who all it will involve), and Ant-Man and Wasp.

There's only acouple of those where SHIELD would necessarily cross over or be involved with. Assuming they ever will...

But yes, it was awkward and pointless long ago, and it's only made more ridiculous with time. If anything, Coulson should have atleast shown up to ask Jessica Jones or Luke Cage acouple questions.

I'm unreasonably desperate for a bridging for the TV and Netflix shows. I just need to see it happen, even if only once.

Khaz

I'd be disappointed if there was no mention of Hell's Kitchen in Spider Man.
I'm ready to be disappointed.
Agents of Shield is going full mystic to crossover with Dr Strange. We'll get mentions in the series, but I can't think of a reason for the film to acknowledge anything. Dr. Strange's adventures in the mystical planes are a self contained story.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be disappointed if there was no mention of Hell's Kitchen in Spider Man.
I'm ready to be disappointed.
Agents of Shield is going full mystic to crossover with Dr Strange. We'll get mentions in the series, but I can't think of a reason for the film to acknowledge anything. Dr. Strange's adventures in the mystical planes are a self contained story.

Yeah not gonna happen. But just imagine how fantastic this could have been if all, movies, Shield and Netflix would actually recognize, reference and guest-star each other.

Khaz

Yeah not gonna happen. But just imagine how fantastic this could have been if all, movies, Shield and Netflix would actually recognize, reference and guest-star each other.

tbh it would be a logistic nightmare to get everything coordinated. The films are written years in advance, and the Netflix series are put on the network as a whole, ready to be binge watched at any point in time. Passing references is the best we could have, and most could only go film > netflix > abc, which we kind of get already. Getting series actors in films is a pipe dream (getting a TV actor cameo is freezing a role for the three years of film production, where you can't have a significant character evolution for example), and getting film actors in series is all about the money they don't have
and the studios infighting.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
tbh it would be a logistic nightmare to get everything coordinated. The films are written years in advance, and the Netflix series are put on the network as a whole, ready to be binge watched at any point in time. Passing references is the best we could have, and most could only go film > netflix > abc, which we kind of get already. Getting series actors in films is a pipe dream (getting a TV actor cameo is freezing a role for the three years of film production, where you can't have a significant character evolution for example), and getting film actors in series is all about the money they don't have
and the studios infighting.

Mmmh, good points :/ I'll silently agree but will still openly blame only the studios instead.

Honestly though, yeah. Damn.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Personally I think Coulson returning to agent status is so that Shield can show up in the movies again, and even Coulson. That way it won't confuse movie audiences TOO much - having to explain that Coulson is both still alive and then explain why he's somehow the director of Shield, since Fury is heavily associated with that in the movies, and made a return with Secret Shield in Age of Ultron.

The push to set this up seems obvious and even rather forced. Coulson, after all his fierce and remorseless dedication to rebuilding Shield, stepping aside for a guy he doesn't know or trust, and wandering around expressing angst about it all. It's a betrayal of Fury's trust in him.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Finally got to watch the episode: it was legit good. What follows are stray thoughts, observations and other stuff in no particular order.

• The moment Yo-Yo's friend appeared, I knew she'd be a jerk to inhumans.
  • Wait, so why does everyone know Jeffrey Mace again?
  • S.H.I.E.L.D's back! Watch it never be acknowledged in any other MCU media! #itsallconnected
  • Gabe's a smart guy. Knows a threat when he sees one. Can't blame him for running Daisy away.
  • So that's it? May's fixed? Neat.
  • The new director is not a bad guy, obviously, but he's kind off a jerk sometimes.
  • Of course the senator is the bad guy. Why wouldn't she be?
  • Oh, snap! Are we getting some actual downsides to being going through terrigenesis besides "you might grow ugly"?
  • The action scenes in this episode where not half-bad actually. The darkness helped mask some of the awkwardness.
  • I liked Yo-yo light show. That was neat.
  • "Más para mi."
  • This always bothers me, especially since they mentioned it in the episode: an EMP fries electronics. Turning it off won't bring back the power to the city. Now that'd be fine if they bulshitted a "oh it was a field that disrupted stuff, not an EMP" but they explicitly mention how things get fried and that it's a pulse every 10 seconds. Argh!
  • So the leader is gonna be Blake, isn't it?
  • LMD's still creepy, I see.
  • Wait, so this GR is definitely the spirit of vengeance, yeah?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
[*]Wait, so this GR is definitely the spirit of vengeance, yeah?
this episode had mentions of their uncle Eli who went to jail and about Robbie "righting the wrong he was trying to fix", so it looks like it can still go either way.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 4 "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire"

As Ghost Rider’s quest for vengeance brings him into an explosive confrontation with S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson and Mack must rely on an unlikely ally in their time of desperate need; and Daisy reunites with a familiar face to stop the Watchdogs.
- Promo for this week's episode.

So is the show back this week or what? I miss it.

Tonight is Episode 4, and we are at least going to Episode 6 without another break based on scheduling. That is November 1.

There will be another break at some point though. Historically the show gets up to around Episode 10 in early December and then we have a Christmas break. There is no Agent Carter to fill in for the show this year, so the break will not match up with the showing of that, but regardless there will still probably be a break this year too (it happened in Season 1 too).

Looking at the amount of weeks left to fit in six episodes before we reach early December, i guess there will be one week in November where ABC does not air an episode.

bchamba

Looking at the amount of weeks left to fit in six episodes before we reach early December, i guess there will be one week in November where ABC does not air an episode.

image.php

Top Bottom