• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Dai101

Banned
Just watched yesterday and last week eps.

giphy.gif

Shits ON FIYA!!!!

Slacka

So I guess what happened to the Senator's bro is that he got into direct contact with the Terrigen crystals rather than the diluted version somehow?

Nah, if he is Inhuman the undiluted version wouldn't harm him it would just trigger the change, remember that the metal in the crystals is only harmful to non Inhumans. I think there are 2 possibilities with him actually.

First possibility is that he was one of the unlucky ones that got an extra useless Terrigenesis that turned him either inanimate, super slow or maybe killed him by making him no longer able to breathe air, or something equally stupid. Remember that an Inhuman's "powers" can be literally anything, ranging from useful to utterly pointless. For example the only powers they might have after exposure to the mists is the ability to grow their fingernails slightly faster than a normal person, or the ability to turn invisible, but only when noone/no device is watching/recording them.

Alternatively, and i suspect the actual thing that has happened is he got some form of total physiological change that requires a lot of time to complete and as such he is still "cooking" or in a state of hibernation while that happens and will come out of the cocoon later in the season.

MontyMarx

Neo Member
I was so sure they were going to kill May and put her consciousness in the robot. Maybe foreshadowing?

I assumed that by using that battery the AI would go into her brain to 'fix' the broken areas and then May would slowly realize she was infected by another entity.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I think it's inevitable at some point in this season, with LMDs, ghosts, souls with no bodies etc...that someone's gonna get possessed by someone else.

kirblar

Nah, if he is Inhuman the undiluted version wouldn't harm him it would just trigger the change, remember that the metal in the crystals is only harmful to non Inhumans. I think there are 2 possibilities with him actually.

First possibility is that he was one of the unlucky ones that got an extra useless Terrigenesis that turned him either inanimate, super slow or maybe killed him by making him no longer able to breathe air, or something equally stupid. Remember that an Inhuman's "powers" can be literally anything, ranging from useful to utterly pointless. For example the only powers they might have after exposure to the mists is the ability to grow their fingernails slightly faster than a normal person, or the ability to turn invisible, but only when noone/no device is watching/recording them.

Alternatively, and i suspect the actual thing that has happened is he got some form of total physiological change that requires a lot of time to complete and as such he is still "cooking" or in a state of hibernation while that happens and will come out of the cocoon later in the season.
Yeah, he either got a super shitty power that killed him, or he's still in the oven.

dorikyasu

Still not sure what to think about overall direction/arc of this season, but definitely enjoying Ghost Rider.
So the preview for the next week's ep shows
Robbie getting captured by Coulson and put in the "power proof" box. Hope the Rider casually breaks out of it. Spirit of Vengeance shouldn't be contained by mere SHIELD tech!

Who says he was an Inhuman at all? He could have just been legit killed by diviner metal.

Khaz

But there are no diviners any more? All the crystals fell in the ocean and became inoffensive fish pills. I took the scene as he just had one and has yet to come out of his cocoon.

Or he became ethereal and thus didn't break his cocoon when waking up.

Slacka

Who says he was an Inhuman at all? He could have just been legit killed by diviner metal.

That was a cocoon. When someone non inhuman touches diviner metal their body/skin just straight up directly turns to cracked charcoal looking stone with their clothes remaining over the top, they don't produce the flowing cocoon stuff around themselves and whatever they are wearing.

Inhuman Cocoon
mDBhDPA.jpg

Non Inhuman that touched Diviner Metal
fillSIy.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just watched that episode - this season is on fire

loved the team fight at the club

also, luna needs to be an mcu tv staple

Jonogunn

If they ever partner up with fox my guess is they will completely redefine the x-men since they are using all the x-men racism stuff with the inhumans already

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally had a chance to watch this week's episode. The season has been awesome so far, probably their best start. The timeslot shift has changed the tone for the best.

guek

Banned
Watched it last night. Good episode! Though the final fight with the lights going on and off wasn't that great. Everything before was awesome.

I wonder if Daisy just needs her gauntlets back to prevent those fractures. Girl needs to heal up.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So did it make sense for the other EMPs to turn off when they did given the "demands" were not met? Unless the implication is that SHIELD actually managed to find and dismantle them all, but that seems like something we should have been shown explicitly.
yeah, I felt like the situation was solved too quickly/neatly after that. I guess all agents just started making compasses with corks and that was it.

Feels like there should have been way more damage and hysteria after the whole ordeal too. I think the episode would have worked just as well with less cities being hit by the EMPs.

Khaz

I wonder if Daisy just needs her gauntlets back to prevent those fractures. Girl needs to heal up.

iirc the gauntlets were wave-canceling to prevent the stress fractures, but she needs those six weeks in a cast to properly heal her arms and wrists before using them again. Arthritis is a bitch to live with.

guek

Banned
So did it make sense for the other EMPs to turn off when they did given the "demands" were not met? Unless the implication is that SHIELD actually managed to find and dismantle them all, but that seems like something we should have been shown explicitly.

Coulson called the director saying they had a "solve" so I took it to mean they knew how to take em out in the other cities.

Jackpot

Banned
Was really hoping they were going to do something interesting with May with her being touched by insanity and hell ghosts and all. Instead they just took her off the table for an ep.

Khaz

Was really hoping they were going to do something interesting with May with her being touched by insanity and hell ghosts and all. Instead they just took her off the table for an ep.

It happened way too early in the season, no way she won't have complications of some sort
I say
she will be the one able to communicate with the spirits and have some link with the afterlife.

Pretty solid episode. The blackout thing was perhaps resolved a little too quickly and neatly (it is on a TV budget) but I liked the stakes and plot points covered. The show sure doesn't take things slow: a SHIELD reveal could've happened later, and they might have dragged out the May storyline for another episode.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wonder what the body count is for the blackouts. Tons of people must have died because of it. Hospitals, planes, etc.

Funny side-note: I PVR'ed this and when I started watching, I was thoroughly confused at seeing a woman with a baby. "Is this a flashback to Daisy as a baby" was my first thought.

Turns out I set it to start recording one minute before so I was picking up the end of the previous show. Whoops.

Funny side-note: I PVR'ed this and when I started watching, I was thoroughly confused at seeing a woman with a baby. "Is this a flashback to Daisy as a baby" was my first thought.

Turns out I set it to start recording one minute before so I was picking up the end of the previous show. Whoops.

Top Bottom