• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

HeySeuss

So when the Rider spared Hellfire, does that mean Robbie can control him? I thought he couldn't do that all the time? And that relationship of Coulson giving him orders is only going to last so long before he just does what he does.

Great episode. I hope the ratings are improving because it'd be a shame to see this show end like this.

To be honest, the AV Club reviews for this show haven't been relevant to me since they gave the Season 2 finale 2-parter a B+/B

This season has been 4/4 for me this far. Best comic book show right now.

What's wrong with a B?

I can't take it seriously. If this is what this person considers a B my opinion just isn't in line with theirs enough to make the reviews worthwhile. And it's not a gut reaction I've felt that for a while with AV Club's AoS reviews. AV Club is very hit or miss some reviewers are great some aren't some honestly don't know what they're talking about.

And judging by the comments on that review I'm not alone.

jph139

S4 in general has been GOOD so far, but it honestly hasn't hooked me yet. I feel like we need a solid villain - now that everyone is more or less buddy-buddy, they need more than generic goons to fight against.

I mean, the bad guys have always been the highlight of SHIELD, between Paxton and Maclachlan and Ward. I don't think it's a coincidence the weakest parts of the show (pre-HYDRA S1, back half of S3) were the parts with the weakest villains.

S4 in general has been GOOD so far, but it honestly hasn't hooked me yet. I feel like we need a solid villain - now that everyone is more or less buddy-buddy, they need more than generic goons to fight against.

I mean, the bad guys have always been the highlight of SHIELD, between Paxton and Maclachlan and Ward. I don't think it's a coincidence the weakest parts of the show (pre-HYDRA S1, back half of S3) were the parts with the weakest villains.

I like that Ward is now apparently Dalton's name lol

Poor guy, typecast in the worst way.

Zomba13

I agree. Right now the bad guys are just the watchdogs and ghost lady and both are just not really doing much of anything right now. Watchdogs are showing up being dicks to Inhumans and ghost lady is looking for the necronomicon but there really isn't any threat or thing to work towards just Shield reacting to things.

Like we don't know the end game with the book or why it matters so it's hard to really care about who finds it first and the watchdogs are more organised and doing more and more extreme things but they are just a collection of faceless goons. And we know so little about ghost lady and the other ghost people (are there even still more of them around? I forgot) that it's hard to root against them because all we know is she likes touching people and giving them the heebie jeebies.

Ghost Rider is awesome though and while at first I thought the skull looked a little weird, like its too big, it does look cool and I like the effects. I just hope Daisy gets her arms and stuff fixed up. It just hurts seeing her all hurt like that and not using her super cool super special gloves when busting fools up. I want Daisy to be a badass, going around quaking fools not doing one shockwave an episode then spending the rest of the time going "owwie owwie :( " because she doesn't want to wear her orthopedic gloves because it's not cool.

jmood88

I wasn't expecting much out of Ghostrider when they announced he was going to be on the show but Robbie is probably my favorite character this season.

Christian

It's really kind of devastating that this might be all we get of this Ghost Rider. I should probably just shut up and be happy we're getting anything, but damn, this is pretty much a pitch-perfect Robbie Reyes in my mind. SHUCKS.

duckroll

For someone that skipped pretty much 95% of s1 and all of 2 and 3, these 4 eps have been pretty good.

Better than that shit last season or two of Arrow.

That doesn't tell me much. I hate Arrow, AoS S1 was dogshit, I loved AoS S2, and I thought S3 was middling.

Oh well, at least AoS S4 probably can't be worse than Luke Cage after ep7.

I was a disappointed that Robbie didn't bust out of the holding cell, it felt like the episode trailer was leading to that. Other than that another solid one so far so good for all the comic shows I watch at this point.

That doesn't tell me much. I hate Arrow, AoS S1 was dogshit, I loved AoS S2, and I thought S3 was middling.

For me S4 is S2 Tier after these 4 episodes. If they manage to conjur up a good villain this could be the best season.

Oh well, at least AoS S4 probably can't be worse than Luke Cage after ep7.

Well, it could be Daredevil Season 2 past Ep4 bad

Can someone spoil the "stinger" for me? ABC's web player is atrocious and has done nothing but serve up (and fail at loading) a series of 11 consecutive ads as I've tried to watch it.

AMUSIX

Can someone spoil the "stinger" for me? ABC's web player is atrocious and has done nothing but serve up (and fail at loading) a series of 11 consecutive ads as I've tried to watch it.

wasn't the stinger Gemma recognizing that AIDA is an android, then realizing she has a lie detector test in the morning?

Well the book is being advertised as something super-hard-to-find and super-powerful due to all the name-dropping, so it should be a big thing.

In terms of villains, there's also the Senator, her brother, and her boss (the Watchdogs leader).

EDIT: I got excited at the prospect of a James-Daisy team-up for about two seconds. But I kind of knew when he opened the storage locker that it was going to be a trap.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just chiming in with the fact that AoS has been very good so far this season. Best hero show on TV right now, easily. GhostRider is stealing the series so far, really well done.
Pun intended

Caught up on the latest 2 episodes super impressed with Robbie's character. This season feels like they finally decided to move on from most of the drama compared to past seasons and just get to fighting the good fight.

Khaz

Caught up on the latest 2 episodes super impressed with Robbie's character. This season feels like they finally decided to move on from most of the drama compared to past seasons and just get to fighting the good fight.

Fitz and Simmons just got a new flat though

BLACKLAC

Can someone gif the chain catch?
Wewx9jw.gif

Ithil

Fundamental rule of fiction:
If a fireworks factory or storage appears in your work, it had better explode by the end of the story.
Thankfully the makers of the show observe this all important rule.

Top Bottom