• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Coulson will die in the line of duty at the end of this season.

Then one of the Infinity War movies will resurrect him, and to moviegoers, it seems that he's been dead since The Avengers, but to the 5 million people still watching Agents of SHIELD, his death will have lasted a shorter time.
I can totally imagine that.
#itsallconnectedbutonlyinonedirection

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Due to popular demand (and an unexpected free hour) I'm doing this thingy separately from the next episode. So what follows are my observations and thoughts for the last episode. This time in semi-chronological order! (Due to being a rewatch.)

• I like how Fitzsimmons' relationship is just a given without any real drama this season. I like me some hard-earned, stable relationships.
  • Door's open, she suspects something, what does Simmons do? She pulls out a gun and walks deeper into what could be a trap. -_-
  • Eli's a good guy in this universe and alive, meaning that Robbie is probably possessed by the spirit of vengeance. I mean, I suspected as much but still good to know.
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. is public now! Coulson's a government official again! Nice to see people react to that with scepticism.
  • I liked May's interactions with A.I.D.A. I guess this counts as a Turin test?
  • Loved the Lola-Hell Charger race. Disappointed that Robbie didn't go "Rider" during it. I'm guessing he's trying to keep a low profile? Also that one stunt double that didn't look at all like Mack.
  • Overwatch lines! I haven't played Overwatch, but I am assured it is a good game.
  • I wanted to see Robbie decide to not play by S.H.I.E.L.D's rules and just walk out of the cage. He totally could.
  • I get it, James hates himself. Could be a bit more subtle than having him pointing a (fake) gun at his own head.
  • Chain.
  • A "quantum particle generator" built with the knowledge gleamed from the Darkhold. I guess that makes sense. I just hope they actually show the Darkhold being this unknowable evil book and not just a bunch of "mystical" texts or whatever.
  • Chain!
  • Of course the fireworks store blew up. It had to blow up. It's like a rule.
  • CHAIN!
  • The ghosts are kinda nonentities (ha!) so far. Hope they get to do more stuff soon.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
speaking of the ghosts, their look is the low point for me in a season that so far had great special effects. I kind of want them to be dealt with already so I don't have to see them again, lol.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Do we have an estimate of when to expect the crossover (lol) episode to happen?

Next week will be the last episode before Doctor Strange debuts in U.S. theaters. The schedule looks like this:

Today: episode 5
Nov. 1: episode 6
Nov. 4: Doctor Strange premieres
Nov. 8: break (Election Day)
Nov. 15: episode 7

Next week will be the last episode before Doctor Strange debuts in U.S. theaters. The schedule looks like this:

Today: episode 5
Nov. 1: episode 6
Nov. 4: Doctor Strange premieres
Nov. 8: break (Election Day)
Nov. 15: episode 7

Oh neat, that means for the first time you can get a whole two weekends to watch the movie and be able to go back to SHIELD without worrying about movie spoilers. (I'm probably still catching the movie opening night...)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Steve Rogers will be using Coulson's hard light shield in Infinity Wars since Falcon will be the new Cap. Calling it now.

Nah, you're gonna get Bucky as Cap before Falcon takes the mantle. Falcon doesn't have a redemptive arc in the films to make it as meaningful.

If the TV/movie side was better at working together, you'd have Director Mace be offered to take the mantle by the government since Steve has now abandoned it (and is hopefully running around the world as Nomad). Then Mace could die (or be badly wounded) in Infinity War, and Steve picks the shield back up.

Khaz

If the TV/movie side was better at working together, you'd have Director Mace be offered to take the mantle by the government since Steve has now abandoned it (and is hopefully running around the world as Nomad). Then Mace could die (or be badly wounded) in Infinity War, and Steve picks the shield back up.

This is now my headcannon. Mace had been running in a Captain America gear for the whole summer break, only to step down and take the direction of Shield.

Slayven

I feel like AoS is really tryna get a Doctor Strange appearance by bringing in the Darkhold. That's the kinda shit he needs to deal with.

Well even in the comics he didn't have much to do with it

4bc43fffc61d3.jpg

There was a whole series of a team of low level mystics that chased the book and tried to save people

Slayven

Isn't it essentially the sci-fi version of the Egyptian myth of the Book of Light and the Book of the Dead? Yin and Yang kinda thing?

Only with good spells and bad spells?

Yeah but depends on what you could as a bad spell. The Darkhold also has a spell in it that once read would destroy every vampire on earth the next sunrise if read.

But yeah the Book of The Vishanti is the "Good" counter part to the Darkhold

HeySeuss

Yeah but depends on what you could as a bad spell. The Darkhold also has a spell in it that once read would destroy every vampire on earth the next sunrise if read.

But yeah the Book of The Vishanti is the "Good" counter part to the Darkhold

Gotcha.

Huzzah discount Captain Shield!

Top Bottom