• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Episode 4 was so freaking nice. a couple of scenes were rough around the edges but i've liked everything so far.

I'm Hype for more way too hype.

I think our rider like his chain now

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Can someone gif the chain catch?
Wewx9jw.gif

so damn awesome

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally had a chance to watch and the episode was fucking awesome. I had to rewatch the part where Robbie grabbed the chain cause it was super bad-ass.

I'm so bummed about the ratings, this show is really great at the moment.

yeah, it doesn't harm her in the comics and the gauntlets are just to help her control it with more accuracy.

recently they did a story where her body started rejecting her powers, but she has already been cured.

Hmm.. interesting. I guess they are really trying to hammer home the idea that since their powers are creating by the Kree they are far more random and potentially dangerous.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.. interesting. I guess they are really trying to hammer home the idea that since their powers are creating by the Kree they are far more random and potentially dangerous.
I honestly think it's just a ploy by the writers to nerf her since she's a main cast member and thus always in action. If she could use her powers with no consequences, then she's OP and the other SHIELD dudes don't have anything to do.

caliph95

I honestly think it's just a ploy by the writers to nerf her since she's a main cast member and thus always in action. If she could use her powers with no consequences, then she's OP and the other SHIELD dudes don't have anything to do.

She's one of the more powerful people with the side effects. So i don't blame them.

anaron

they kinda flubbed it in season 2 by having jiayang teach her to control it without hurting herself or needing the gloves. Then she's back to wearing them in Season 3 for no apparent reason. (which whatever, I adore the gauntlets and not having it would be lame as hell)

In the comics, her powers are so powerful that the gauntlets help her control them to a specific frequency and effect of her choosing.

She's an Avenger level inhuman so they just need to nerf her. Hell shes probably beyond that classification (I mean what does that mean really) because Hawkeye is an Avenger.

Slayven

I love that Robbie is obviously superhuman without transforming.

Great call back to Johnny Blaze learning about his powers. Like being able to channel hellfire without transforming

I love that Robbie is obviously superhuman without transforming.

Great call back to Johnny Blaze learning about his powers. Like being able to channel hellfire without transforming

Yeah, some may call it a way to keep budget low by not using the flaming head but it only makes sense, he transforms for an intense fight or to pass his judgment, but doesn't need to be in Rider form 24/7

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm actually surprised with how much we've seen the flaming skull so far. Only episode he didn't transform was the third one. Makes me wonder how involved (or not) Robbie will be in the second half of the season.

anaron

if AoS somehow gets renewed, I hope it's a firm final year only so they can wrap it all up and possibly do some really cool stuff.

they kinda flubbed it in season 2 by having jiayang teach her to control it without hurting herself or needing the gloves. Then she's back to wearing them in Season 3 for no apparent reason. (which whatever, I adore the gauntlets and not having it would be lame as hell)

In the comics, her powers are so powerful that the gauntlets help her control them to a specific frequency and effect of her choosing.
I forgot how much control did Jiaying teach Daisy, I think I remember Daisy causing earthquake to faraway mountain. Daisy problem is when she's trying to make small vibration. Huge quake shouldn't hurt her I think.

The gloves seen in S2 aren't exactly the gloves she had in S3. The former were designed to suppress her powers completely, while the latter were designed to focus them.

The in-show explanation of why the powers hurt her given back in S2 is that in order to hold back, she instinctively internalizes the vibrations into her own body. Judging by this season one assumes this is still the case even after all this time. (Of course, the reality is she's way too powerful for this show and had to be nerfed somehow.)

Khaz

I'm fine with that nerf. It makes sense, and it allows for more interesting storytelling than Quake busting in and shaking the world every time because she can.

KarmaCow

I was worried that the May seeing spooky stuff would be dragged out but thankfully that was resolved almost immediately. The shows actually moving at a good pace overall too, all it really needs now is a solid antagonist or threat beyond the nebulous ghost book.

I was worried that the May seeing spooky stuff would be dragged out but thankfully that was resolved almost immediately. The shows actually moving at a good pace overall too, all it really needs now is a solid antagonist or threat beyond the nebulous ghost book.
It's been like that since season 2 and one of the reason I like this series. They rarely drag things out. I remember when Daisy tried to hide she's inhuman and I dread thinking it's gonna last entire season, and then next episode Fitz already found out about it.

caliph95

It's been like that since season 2 and one of the reason I like this series. They rarely drag things out. I remember when Daisy tried to hide she's inhuman and I dread thinking it's gonna last entire season, and then next episode Fitz already found out about it.

While i enjoy Flash that seems the kind of thing that will drag longer than it needs because of CW's obsession with secret.

While i enjoy Flash that seems the kind of thing that will drag longer than it needs because of CW's obsession with secret.

yeah, AoS is really fast paced, season 2 and 3 basically felt like they're 4 season worth of story and they change up the team dynamic every half season. sometimes when I look back at season 1 of AoS, I just realize how far the show has come in term of the character's story and progress.

Khaz

Eh yeah, I liked the reaction Simmons too, her "don't BS me, it's obviously an android."
These no-nonsense reactions are cool and help reseat the suspension of disbelief.

Fuu

yeah, a lot of writers of these type of shows would be frothing at the mouth at the possibility of making Simmons think Fitz was into Aida for various episodes. I like how AoS usually tries to steer away from that. Even May not talking about her condition didn't last long and actually had to do with the thing making her paranoid.

Something the latest episode made me think about was the theory that they're trying to put Coulson in a position where he can show up in the movies again without much explanation. He's back as an operative in the field wearing suits and sunglasses, and Nick Fury is flying around somewhere in a Helicarrier. The only thing they need is a "rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated" quip when he shows up in Infinity War.

mm04

This season has been very strong so far. I didn't really think I'd like Ghost Rider in this, but I really do. I'm also pleasantly surprised with how well they're handling the Fitz/Simmons relationship. It's not overdone and it hasn't changed their dynamic or roles much. It's too bad it's not getting a lot of viewers because this is shaping up to be its best season so far.

mreddie

Are we at the ratings panic mode or is it likely because This Is Us is stealing everything? It's also taking NCIS viewers.

Also, I guess it's syndicated, just saw I think Ep 2 or 3 and holy shit, geeky Fitz, Ward being a block of cheese, Skye before Daisy.

It's fucking jarring.

Are we at the ratings panic mode or is it likely because This Is Us is stealing everything? It's also taking NCIS viewers.

Also, I guess it's syndicated, just saw I think Ep 2 or 3 and holy shit, geeky Fitz, Ward being a block of cheese, Skye before Daisy.

It's fucking jarring.

This is probably the last season, so just enjoy the ride.

strafer

season finale ends with a guest appearance by Chris Evans, Cap and Coulson hug it out and he finally signs those vintage cards as the screen fades to black.

Fuu

Season finale has Coulson waking up at project TAHITI and it's revealed that it was all a fever dream while he was coming back to life. Nick Fury tells him they need him and it connects to a cameo in Infinity War.

Khaz

Everything was a dream induced by the infinity stone while he was resurrected along with everybody else who died during Infinity War.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Coulson will die in the line of duty at the end of this season.

Then one of the Infinity War movies will resurrect him, and to moviegoers, it seems that he's been dead since The Avengers, but to the 5 million people still watching Agents of SHIELD, his death will have lasted a shorter time.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I just realized I forgot to do the thing where I write about what I noticed and impressions and thoughts I had during the episode... I'm sure you were all very sad that I didn't post that. I'm gonna have to rewatch the episode before watching the new one and lump them together.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just realized I forgot to do the thing where I write about what I noticed and impressions and thoughts I had during the episode... I'm sure you were all very sad that I didn't post that. I'm gonna have to rewatch the episode before watching the new one and lump them together.

I like reading your notes o.o"

Coulson will die in the line of duty at the end of this season.

Then one of the Infinity War movies will resurrect him, and to moviegoers, it seems that he's been dead since The Avengers, but to the 5 million people still watching Agents of SHIELD, his death will have lasted a shorter time.

Steve Rogers will be using Coulson's hard light shield in Infinity Wars since Falcon will be the new Cap. Calling it now.

Top Bottom