• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

The DC area station cut off a few seconds at both ends of that segment. I didn't hear part of what the ghost told Robbie and I didn't see what materialized in Eli's hand.

jph139

Damn, four weeks? Hopefully things are uninterrupted from then until the midseason break.

Glad that the ghosts have been busted. Eli seems a bit uninspired for a big bad, but we'll see what they do with it - curious what exactly his powers are. Definitely reminded me of the darkforce stuff from Agent Carter.

Are you serious?!
What's going on to wait that long?
There is no Agent Carter this year to fill the time and the show doesn't produce enough episodes to air every week, so breaks are inevitable. Next week would have been preempted anyway by the presidential election, but I didn't think the first long break would be so soon.

After S1, which went on multiple short breaks to the point you never knew if an episode was going to be new or not, I'd say the long break is preferable.

Goddamn this episode with fitz going through such a wide range of emotion.

Damn this agent carter reference.

"Blaze was There"

And that finale. We have such a great vilain now.

Ah coulson messing around with the power must have made his transformation incomplete , now , right ? Well at least they have a book on the ready to solve this stuff.

shingi70

Banned
Damn, four weeks? Hopefully things are uninterrupted from then until the midseason break.

Glad that the ghosts have been busted. Eli seems a bit uninspired for a big bad, but we'll see what they do with it - curious what exactly his powers are. Definitely reminded me of the darkforce stuff from Agent Carter.

It was a purposeful callback, now I have to finally watch season 2 of Carter.

The Kree

Banned
Eli has the power to make something from nothing. This show is now literally about god vs. the devil.

And the devil is going to win.

So as of right now -

May, Mack, Mace and Daisy - On the Zephyr

Coulson, Robbie, Fitz - Disappeared by Eli's wave

Simmons - Black bagged and sent off by Mace (Probably to deal with that cocoon in Senator Watchdog's living room)

So as of right now -

May, Mack, Mace and Daisy - On the Zephyr

Coulson, Robbie, Fitz - Disappeared by Eli's wave

Simmons - Black bagged and sent off by Mace (Probably to deal with that cocoon in Senator Watchdog's living room)

Wasn't Eli's wave the same thing that knocked Dr. Wilkes into the Dark Force dimension?

Also, sup Johnny.

kfqNrwK.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
Very un. You can't just hop into stuff like this; else you end up with Batman v Superman style dreck. This would be way too damn much to throw at the audience.

I'm not saying these exact episodes. I understand that part of what makes it good is how things pay off over time. But plenty of it is brand new and very MARVEL in style. Ghost Rider, LMDs, discrimination against powered people, internal conflict at SHIELD without HYDRA being an excuse for everything... compare it to the first half of season 1 where is was this crappy episodic hunt for mystical objects. The quality of the writing, the impact and consequences of character development, the camera work, VFX, and much more have grown so much. It could have been this good from the start. Just look at the best of Netflix Marvel.

mreddie

Ghost Rider show stat

Also, so election, David Blaine and then a new SHIELD...only likely it'll be the winter finale.

ABC, just say you're doing a backdoor pilot for Robbie.

I'm not saying these exact episodes. I understand that part of what makes it good is how things pay off over time. But plenty of it is brand new and very MARVEL in style. Ghost Rider, LMDs, discrimination against powered people, internal conflict at SHIELD without HYDRA being an excuse for everything... compare it to the first half of season 1 where is was this crappy episodic hunt for mystical objects. The quality of the writing, the impact and consequences of character development, the camera work, VFX, and much more have grown so much. It could have been this good from the start. Just look at the best of Netflix Marvel.

Shit, at this time at S1, we were just reaching the Thor 2 thing.

Top Bottom