• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Also, sup Johnny.

kfqNrwK.jpg

74DGy.gif

People keep saying this shit like Ghost Rider is being awesome in a vacuum. The people making this show are making him awesome.

Why aren't they doing that with the entire show and not just the parts with Ghost Rider in it?

Patience. Disney will acquire the rest of the networks and DC Comics soon and then we can have Comic TV with all the CW and ABC shows. 'Cept Gotham. Fuck Gotham.
👍

I don't know what any of this means.

How so?

Dr. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme, in his possession is the Book of the Vishanti. It has every defensive/healing spell ever. Darkhold is it's counter book, it has every offensive/destructive spell ever.

We'll have to watch Dr. Strange movie to get a full scope on how they're handling magic within MCU.

BLACKLAC

Amazing episode. Get Shield on Netflix if abc doesn't pick it up, keep the characters and drop the Shield organization focus. Shield works best as a shadowy organization where you don't see much of the inner workings, popping up from time to time causing problems. It's working now because Coulson has been demoted and kept out of the loop.

So...this is better than anything I've seen on Netflix. This 6 episode run has just been absolutely game changing.

Agreed.

The Kree

Banned
Why aren't they doing that with the entire show and not just the parts with Ghost Rider in it?

👍

They are. Mack, Fitz, Gemma, Yo Yo, Daisy, Mace, and Radcliffe are all bright spots for me. And they wrapped up the ghost stuff in six episodes, just like I wanted them too. The pacing is great, the visual effects are good, and the cast is awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dr. Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme, in his possession is the Book of the Vishanti. It has every defensive/healing spell ever. Darkhold is it's counter book, it has every offensive/destructive spell ever.

We'll have to watch Dr. Strange movie to get a full scope on how they're handling magic within MCU.

Is the Darkhold in Doctor Strange though? And is that the only connection?

Hystzen

ABC trying kill show with this break this show needs carry on it getting better and better each season plus I think AoS is better then Netflix shows at moment apart from Daredevil.

What's going be situation after Xmas it used be off while carter was on we having another massive break or straight to AoS next half

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so did they have any more footage after the dr strange preview? or does the episode end with fitz/coulson missing and eli with powers?

shingi70

Banned
It's interesting too see the little changes between the comics and media. The MCU Robbie Reyes has the origin of the comics version but slightly tweaked to make him a traditional spirit of vengeance Rider intead of how he is portrayed in the comics compared to Ketch and Blaze.

Curious where they plan to go for the rest of the season.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's interesting too see the little changes between the comics and media. The MCU Robbie Reyes has the origin of the comics version but slightly tweaked to make him a traditional spirit of vengeance Rider intead of how he is portrayed in the comics compared to Ketch and Blaze.

Curious where they plan to go for the rest of the season.

i love it - they knew exactly what the fans wanted

Hex

Banned
Ghost Rider Netflix needs to happen.
Then Blade Netflix
Then Moon Knight.

Along with Punisher these should be the new cycle.
Add in Heroes for Hire, Daredevil and JJ

Week after week Gabriel Luna just fucking owns the entire episode, whether as Robbie or as Ghost Rider. S4 shaping up to be even better than S2 and it's easily my favourite comic book TV show right now.

Marvel, ABC and Netflix would be goddamn fools to let him go after SHIELD S4. They better have something lined up for him, whether it's a Ghost Rider solo series or Midnight Sons.

ABC trying kill show with this break this show needs carry on it getting better and better each season plus I think AoS is better then Netflix shows at moment apart from Daredevil.

What's going be situation after Xmas it used be off while carter was on we having another massive break or straight to AoS next half

They don't really have a choice being an election year, I think it's just better to take the three weeks off instead of what would be being off next week, being back on the following week and then off again the week after due to Thanksgiving or well, Tuesday being a travel day (for those who still do that) for Thanksgiving.

We're either going to have it come back in January but have more frequent breaks without the Agent Carter fill in or they're just going to still keep it off until March.

LionPride

Banned
I really wanna rewatch this show from Season 1 knowing how everything advanced. From Boy Scout Ward to Skye to FitzSimmons being strange to Hydra to my man Triplette and Deathlok too.

Taking a long break is definitely the best decision. Breaks every other week are confusing to the general audience. But then again, where can the ratings actually go other than up.

Neoxon

I honestly didn't expect Marvel to drop the Johnny Blaze bomb on us this soon. Man, this season has been on-point. The wait for the 29th is gonna be painful.

I totally thought Robbie would take that motorcycle in the hanger and ride off the Zephyr after beating down Mace.

And oh man, JOHNNY BLAZE?! Awesome.

I appreciated Gabe calling Mack "Black Kojack" as well.

I appreciated Gabe calling Mack "Black Kojack" as well.

And Mack calling him "Ironside".

Great episode.

-Some odd camera angles. We got a shot from the book looking at Eli and a shot from Simmons' POV as she put on the black mask.
-I like how Gabriel was disgusted at his brother killing all the Fifth Street gangsters, when minutes earlier he was stoked at Daisy and Robbie being secret agents.
-Daisy saying "don't stop there" is exactly what the entire audience is thinking at that moment.
-If/when Robbie passes the spirit on, would he die?

Top Bottom