• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gonna miss this one, its a shame it couldnt have been this crazy from the start

Khaz

I liked the first part of season 1, but it's obvious the showrunners didn't know how to make the "happy family friendly" type of show and were just buying time until the big reveal. I still appreciate it for what it is.

kirblar

I liked the first part of season 1, but it's obvious the showrunners didn't know how to make the "happy family friendly" type of show and were just buying time until the big reveal. I still appreciate it for what it is.
They were going for a "syndicated action adventure show" vibe and it did not work one bit. (This also hasn't worked for any of the other shows that have tried it recently either.)

They were going for a "syndicated action adventure show" vibe and it did not work one bit. (This also hasn't worked for any of the other shows that have tried it recently either.)

Early S1 Ward was so boring. Look, I'm an elite agent who does everything by the book but I have a shitty personality.

Later on with the Hydra reveal, he became awesome.

Early S1 Ward was so boring. Look, I'm an elite agent who does everything by the book but I have a shitty personality.

Later on with the Hydra reveal, he became awesome.

You could argue he was that way because he was masterful at acting like the "perfect SHIELD agent," but the rest of the show early on was equally bland lol

Finally caught up and watched the mid-season finale. 2 thoughts:

1. Season 4 so far really reminds me of Season 2 and how it successfully juggled multiple threads. Here we have Ghost Rider, supernatural stuff, Inhumans/Secret Warriors, SHIELD politics, artificial intelligence/LMD stuff all intertwined in a very natural manner and . The show is really at its best when it manages to pull this off. Aside from some shoddy CGI and stilted dialogue this episode was piff.

2. Hindsight is 20/20 but the show should have been like this from Season 1. By that I mean have arcs centered around a proper hero like Ghost Rider. Not necessarily throughout the entire season but still. It would have been a nice way to try to introduce characters with "limited" appeal to the MCU. I've said it before but Robbie has easily been one of the highlights of the TV side and it would be a colossal waste to leave it at this.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
When LMDs were introduced, I had initially hoped they'd use them to stick Coulson back in the movies. Have SHIELD fully embrace using them. Coulson shows up, and Stark calls bullshit, claiming he's a robot. Coulson says he can't confirm or deny that, and play it so movie audiences think Coulson actually is a robot. But TV viewers would get a kick out of knowing the truth.

Chemo

This is definitely the end for this show and none of these characters are ever going to show up in the movies, but I need a Grant Ward LMD for this show to go out the way I want it to.

LotusHD

Banned
Yes, I know.

I was saying that, if one of those characters were going to die, it probably wouldn't be the one they spent time on promoting with a web series.

My bad, for some reason, I thought you were asking if Mack just had a series lol

C08n_9KXAAUq2hm.jpg

C08oBYRXAAAbLkk.jpg

Heard we're going to get origin stuff on The Patriot.

Vampfox

Banned
Personally I liked season 3 better. Hive was a great villain, best MCU villain so far in my opinion.

Can't see Aida topping Hive.

Oh cool, I did not know this was back tomorrow (thought it was later in the month). The lack of an Agent Carter (or alike show) has me confused (and sad)....

Also, it looks like ABC will at least be doing four uninterrupted weekly episodes all through January. That nice of them!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Call Me Maybe - Tuesdays 10/9c

Pachimari

I was behind with two episodes for a while but caught up today, which seems to be just in time for the return. Gotta watch the YoYo series on YouTube as well.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finally had a chance to start season 4 and I love the addition of Ghost Rider, every time he transforms I mark out, love the effect and the actor pulls off the character well. Hopefully he stays a major part of the season.

Edit: Caught up and read they had to cut him out due to financial reasons, well that fucking sucks, the rest of the season won't be anywhere near as good without him. Hopefully they bring him back at some point.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/10/abc-scandal-free-fall-lineup-once-upon-time/

Channing Dungey, High Muckity Muck at ABC sez:

A few Marvel questions. How do you move these shows forward when Netflix has gained so much ground with Jessica Jones? How do you feel about the state of Marvel on ABC?
Look, we are incredibly encouraged. Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been creatively the strongest season we’ve had yet. The episodes just keep getting better and stronger. And that’s another one for us that we moved from 9 to 10 and yet even though the HUD levels are softer at 10, the live-same-day has remained the same and that’s another one of our shows which regularly goes up triple digits over the seven-day period, anywhere from 100 to 110 percent.

So you see a future for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Absolutely. I’m very bullish on S.H.I.E.L.D. and we’re also really excited about our production with Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX, which we are working on for next fall as well.

Top Bottom