• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Excellent episode , but the conversation between coulson and quake was way too much of inside jokes/info

"the last ghost rider"
"maybe in the comic book version"

How should i interpret this scene ?

Mack and yoyo are perfect .. i want to see more of them.

As for quake being back at shield , ABOUT TIME !!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys. I still think Aida is not actually evil and this all just a big red herring. I think I figured it out.
Here's what I believe (spoiler-tagging just in case):
This is a callback to when May had the ghost madness thing. Remember that they had to kill her in order to bring her brain activity down to normal levels, but then there was that EMP power outage. They said that if they take too long with reviving her, May would suffer permanent brain damage. Turns out that she did. So Radcliffe decided to make a second LMD, one to replace May and cover up the whole thing of him and Simmons killing the real May. and her having suffered brain damage.
This also explains why Aida was working on that brain diagram in the ending of last week's episode once she'd absorbed the Darkhold - she's trying to figure out a way to repair the brain damage that May had taken. After all, her desire is to help and protect people.
Her entire arc also is about her learning about humanity, morality, as well as keeping secrets. They made a big deal about her lying about her status as an android in order to protect herself, as well as her creators. It's pretty safe to assume that in her mind, taking out the guy who was sent to clean out the lab was a big threat to the security of herself, Radcliffe, and the others, as well as potentially disrupting any progress she made on curing May, so she took him out of the equation.

That's what I think at least.
That sounds good but doesn't explain why
Ada had to kill that guard, wouldn't make sense for her to kill another human to hide the fact that she's trying to save a human.

I just thought about something....

What if the May in the chamber is just an LMD version of May and the real one is with Coulson? Aida did say that her appearance of blood is just for presentation.

Asbel

That sounds good but doesn't explain why
Ada had to kill that guard, wouldn't make sense for her to kill another human to hide the fact that she's trying to save a human.
If AIDA was trying to cure May all this time, May would be on an operating table or bed, not slumped in a corner of a room.

Quick

Banned
Quick GIF job:

JEfioBO.gif

What a badass shot for real.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
We're doing OT names now?

|OT| The L.M.D. P.L.C.
|OT| In Real Life Model Decoys
|OT| A Shot and a Sling

Actually, is Slingshot gonna have its own topic or is discussion gonna be here?

Quick

Banned
I'll throw in one more OT name just because I thought of it a second ago:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| You down with LMD? Yeah, you know me.

Malyse

We're doing OT names now?

|OT| The L.M.D. P.L.C.
|OT| In Real Life Model Decoys
|OT| A Shot and a Sling

Actually, is Slingshot gonna have its own topic or is discussion gonna be here?
New OT for every new arc name.

Now I wish they have started this in season one.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally watched the finale. This show has been excellent this season, best one yet by far.

I REALLY hope it gets another season! I know the ratings are down but it's the best comic book show on TV right now.

LotusHD

Banned
Life Finds a May
Age of A.I.D.A.
May I?

I can't pick between these 3.
Just kidding, yes I can, Life Finds a May is the clear winner.

Mark Kolpack, Head VFX Ninja for AoS, announced he's directing an episode of Slingshot. Definitely can't wait to see that.

He also said the +3 and +7 numbers have been insane. I can't find any recent ones, so maybe it's some internal memo they've gotten. Hope it keeps up!

Penguin

Mark Kolpack, Head VFX Ninja for AoS, announced he's directing an episode of Slingshot. Definitely can't wait to see that.

He also said the +3 and +7 numbers have been insane. I can't find any recent ones, so maybe it's some internal memo they've gotten. Hope it keeps up!

Hmm the last new episode from end of Oct/start of Nov

AGENTS OF SHIELD ABC 0.8 1.7 0.9 113%
AGENTS OF SHIELD ABC 2433 4568 2135 88%

So % wise big gains, but I wouldn't say too overly impressive

1.7/4,568 million

Malakai

Mack is straight? I could have sworn season 2 made some hints about his sexuality? Or am I'm just reading too much into things?

Yeah, they're horribly sporadic which is so annoying. I don't know where they get them from, either. (Not that I think they're lying, it's just not the source.)

Mack is straight? I could have sworn season 2 made some hints about his sexuality? Or am I'm just reading too much into things?

People were shipping Fitz and Mack for a while, but they were just bros.

Malakai

People were shipping Fitz and Mack for a while, but they were just bros.

Him and Fitz were pretty close in S2/3(?) but I think most people interpreted that wrong.

No, it was a few things like the guy that lied and died for him when Hydra took over the ship during season 2. His reaction was very strong. Also, there was a scene were he was using gender neutral pronouns to refer to an SO.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Reading too much into things.

Mack became fast friends with Fitz, and some flashback showed him standing over some dude's body during the Hydra takeover of SHIELD, so people leaped to the assumption that he was therefore gay.

kirblar

You're not reading into things. There were a bunch of hints w Mack in S2 regarding his sexually that people picked up on that got dropped in S3/4. The badge thing in the flashback and the gender neutral SO were blatant. It's Tim from Justified all over again.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| May Wasn't Already A Robot??

I was a bit confused about that. If she needed air, wouldn't just stepping outside be enough? It seemed they just needed a reason for her to land in the middle of the crowd and came up a bit short.

I was a bit confused about that. If she needed air, wouldn't just stepping outside be enough? It seemed they just needed a reason for her to land in the middle of the crowd and came up a bit short.

I know this doesn't make a lick of sense, but it seemed to me like she had absorbed all these earthquake vibrations, and needed to release them somehow, so when she did she released the energy by launching herself in the air, rather than by sending the energy back in to the ground to cause more earthquakes.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

She needed to release the seismic energy she absorbed. The safest way (without causing an earthquake) to do that was to super jump. Unfortunately, she was a bit out of it so she didn't have the foresight to actually aim where she'd fall.

StudioTan

I know this doesn't make a lick of sense, but it seemed to me like she had absorbed all these earthquake vibrations, and needed to release them somehow, so when she did she released the energy by launching herself in the air, rather than by sending the energy back in to the ground to cause more earthquakes.

That was my take as well, she needed to release the energy.

Top Bottom