• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

I seriously don't know how they are going to wrap up so much with just one episode left.

Over / under Fitz father being used in the third arc? A scientist that found the savage lands or something like that.

1st half of the episode deal with LMD at shield base, second half they get to Radcliff from intel they got out of LMD.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm kind of hoping for a bit of a redemption for Radcliff (since I'm never getting the Ward redemption arc). He's a good character and I liked him actually being on the team.

They've already mentioned that the Darkhold likely messed with his brain so I hope they don't forget that.

IronLich

Cancellation.

Yeah personally I feel that would be for the best. The show has been great so far, but for something that started as a movie tie-in, there's very little for it to realistically tie into in the near future, especially with the uncertainty of the Inhumans movie/TV show/etc.

I wouldn't mind if it rode off into the sunset after this season.

vivftp

Something still felt odd about the events in the base from that last episode. Fitz said it was pitch black when they left the base. When they arrived, it was broad daylight, but when they all grouped together at the end while the sub was leaving, you can clearly see daylight coming through the windows. Maybe it was just something they missed?

Gambit

Yeah personally I feel that would be for the best. The show has been great so far, but for something that started as a movie tie-in, there's very little for it to realistically tie into in the near future, especially with the uncertainty of the Inhumans movie/TV show/etc.

I wouldn't mind if it rode off into the sunset after this season.

See, this is why I hope the show will continue:
By now I don't give a shit about movie tie-ins anymore.
By now I like the characters for themselves and want to see their ongoing adventures.
In some ways I am more interested in them than in some of the film people.

jph139

Guys, they're not introducing Savage Lands to the MCU in Agents of S.H.E.L.D.

Eh, could have said the same thing about the Inhumans. Or Ghost Rider.

I can imagine the Savage Lands as a "yeah we don't care, you're welcome to use them" property for Marvel.

Just got caught up. Well I'm looking forward to next week. Wonder who the gonna call in for backup
Deathlok, Bobbi, and Hunter please?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Caught up with the last two episodes. Man, this season truly is the best this show has ever been. It's definitely the most consistent.

I was kind of bummed by how bland Ivanov ended up being as the Superior, but his dialogue with Coulson in the last episode turned me around. That was the entire point of his character: a generic redshirt wanting revenge who managed to grow big. It makes sense that after so many years SHIELD would leave a trail of people like him behind.

Whoa. That's pretty cool.

But if the next episode caps the LMD storyline, what the hell is the next one? AoS Framework sounds like you're trying to sell me some enterprise software.

Probably based around the Superior or Vijay Nadeer. Whatever it is, I think this whole year is the "Darkhold Trilogy"

caliph95

Avoiding cancellation. Can't be cancelled when you're not on the show!

C4R7-x8VMAE9pQW.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thankfully the break will be at the end of a storyline. Really feels like we'll get 3 mini-seasons out of this one.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah these arcs are alot better because it ditches the filler type of episodes we'd get from a full season arc

There's almost no filler on Agents of Shield. It really reminds me of a much better version of my local tv series, like some others in Asia, where they have dramas that goes on for 20 episodes, 5 episodes per week for 4 weeks. Dramas with a fixed starting and ending and no filler.

Thought that just crossed my mind: We've had little hints at what's coming after the LMD Pod. Is it possible that the next Pod is some Agents of Shield style Secret Invasion? Aida/Radcliffe seem to have an endgame beyond just replacing Shield Members. Radcliffe gets captured, but Aida escapes and starts replacing the elites of society, including the new head of the Watchdogs.

Top Bottom