• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

kirblar

Ahh didn't know that. Wonder what the 3rd arc will be since it doesn't seem they've alluded to anything yet. How are they going to conclude everything in a single episode though?
Given the events of the last episode, I bet Radcliffe's plan isn't malevolent. He just wants to be in his matrix with his girl till the end of time.

Maybe the next episode ends with Shockley getting out of his Pokeball and blowing up the SHIELD base, conveniently taking all out the LMD's in the process.

Given the events of the last episode, I bet Radcliffe's plan isn't malevolent. He just wants to be in his matrix with his girl till the end of time.

Getting another Dollhouse flashback here (tagged for spoilers if you want to watch it):

The show ends with Ballard (Echo's main squeeze) dying, but since his personality was downloaded onto a disk drive before, they upload it into Echo's head, letting her live with Ballard forever in a bittersweet ending. Wouldn't be surprised if Radcliffe does something similar, or even eschew his entire physical being to live in the Framework.

Sadist

Yooo the even seasons of SHIELD are awesome. Show has been quite good. Good times.

- I love fun May. We need more of that.
- You know Mace needs a nod of approval here. Dude took it like a champ.
- Mack, stop with the killerrobot stuff. You might be a bit obsessed. Get freaky with Yoyo.
- Awww sweet FitzSimmons moment.
- Coulson with a great line again. "Cool origin story bro"
- So... the time skip might be the red herring? When the communications were down I kind of thought about them being in the Framework.
- ... on the other hand, the time they missed out on are probably the moments when Phil, Daisy and Mack got switched out. Even Fitz if Jemma is unlucky. She mentions that her and Davis walked around in the labyrinth like building. What would keep Ada from swooping in and replace everyone else?
- the LMD reveal was glorious though. Keep on trucking SHIELD.
- Mack should Shotgunaxe himself now... see told you were obsessed

LowSignal

I was gonna go with the theory that the 4 of them weren't replaced and that was a swerve because either Fitz or Simmons was replaced and mucked about with the logs. Then Aida had to go mention replacing the top agents at SHIELD, so I guess they really were replaced? I dunno, I think there's another swerve that we're missing.

All word play I assume. Fitz and Simmons(highest security clearance?) are top agents.

I like the theory that they opportunistically swapped the people who had been connected to the prototype Framework (and Mace, but as mentioned, they had all the time in the world to scan him). Of course, that leaves the question of why Radcliffe could access the proto-Framework, but short of a Fitz heel-turn, Darkhold explains all I guess.

Something still feels really off about what we saw. Them being LMDs doesn't answer the time skip problem at all. They went out of their way to hint that the time line didn't feel right and then didn't they mention it was dark when they left?

I'm leaning on something is going on with the Framework as well but then why even bother with having the other 4 be LMDs if they are already in the Framework?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Is this supposed to be the first instances of LMDs? Cause Tony Stark joked about it in Iron Man 2........but who remembers Iron Man 2? (It was on the other day and I forgot so much of the plot.......except the bird!)

The LMD reference you're thinking of was in The Avengers actually.

Awesome episode and I'm surprised to find out that next week is the end of the LMD arc. There doesn't seem to be any hint as to what's coming next.

Ward redemption time!

The LMD reference you're thinking of was in The Avengers actually.

Awesome episode and I'm surprised to find out that next week is the end of the LMD arc. There doesn't seem to be any hint as to what's coming next.

Ward redemption time!

Shockley breaks out of his Pokeball and LMDs
of Ward, Bobbi, and Hunter, also Lucy Lawless
are our only hope.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Cancellation.
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

During the Ghost Rider arc they were already giving a lot of information about LMDs so viewers were ready for the switch when it came. For the last few episodes they have been giving a lot of hints about how The Framework works, so I am guessing this will be the focus of the show going forward.

I think the Framework gives the show huge opportunity to do a lot of crazy stuff for the remaining episodes. They have already built it up Framework as a piece of tech that can create huge worlds for people to interact with. They basically a have working Holodeck, but one where people can "feel" (like they said last episode) and likely die.

Also, I refuse to believe this show is ending until infinity War Part I happens. Season 5 would run almost up to the point where the film premiers, so just have everyone die then then, and end AoS with a mass purge. Thanks Thanos #ItsSomewhatConnected

During the Ghost Rider arc they were already giving a lot of information about LMDs so viewers were ready for the switch when it came. For the last few episodes they have been giving a lot of hints about how The Framework works, so I am guessing this will be the focus of the show going forward.

I think the Framework gives the show huge opportunity to do a lot of crazy stuff for the remaining episodes. They have already built it up Framework as a piece of tech that can create huge worlds for people to interact with. They basically a have working Holodeck, but one where people can "feel" (like they said last episode) and likely die.

Framework means they can bring back Brett Dalton!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
My guess is Fitz is
the only LMD at the moment, he just faked that scanning screen to deceive Jenna after she got suspicious. No one of them actually is an LMD.

GrizzNKev

Banned
My guess is Fitz is
the only LMD at the moment, he just faked that scanning screen to deceive Jenna after she got suspicious. No one of them actually is an LMD.

Then Coulson waking up LMD May has to be a swerve where he's using her in some sort of plan to get real May back, rather than the assumed intention of LMD Coul adding LMD May to their robot army.

AMUSIX

Can't believe none of you have figured it out yet. Fitz, Simmons, Coulson, Daisy...all of SHIELD are still human. Well, except for LMD May...Coulson waking her up in order to use her as a swap for the real May (LMD will end up in the Framework.)

The big reveal is that, while all of SHIELD are human,
WE are the LMDs and the entire show is part of the Westphall framework.

Cuburt

Next week looks straight up like a suspense thriller.

The plot for this second half of the season isn't necessarily mind blowing by itself, but all the LMD intrigue and twists and turns is pretty entertaining. I definitely appreciate AoS juggling all sorts of different themes from the supernatural to scifi to superheroes and everything in the Marvel Universe. It think the show will continue to be underappreciated in that way for everything it isn't, but 4 seasons in, I think they've made a run that has been pretty inventive for all it's storytelling and budget limitations.

I have had an idea, we know that they have hinted at Savage Land and with everyone suspecting that the team are in the framework instead of being LMD's maybe they combine the 2 and when they find out they get put into the Savage land area of the Framework?

Would be easier to explain how it has existed without anyone finding it and be a nice way to show how good the framework is.

I can't see how they could pull off Savage land with their budget tbh.

If Clark Gregg was not just trolling everyone, then I think the best we could hope for in one episode in the setting. With the Framework it is possible. Framework makes everything possible...

WfLXNMv.png

I really hope they take advantage and go nuts

Fitz being an LMD was exactly what I expected by the end of the episode, there was that tense moment with Jemma where I felt a turn was about to happen.

Deadly

Fitz was the most likely to be an LMD because he was left alone but it seems to conflict with everything else we've seen. Also
the preview seems to say otherwise too

LionPride

Banned
Listening to a podcast

Theory: Daisy isn't an LMD, it just says it has detected four. And guess who is that fourth? You guessed it, Leopold Fitz! Also Gemma is in the framework. Because of course she is

Wishlist: Season ends with a fully working LMD of everyone's favorite, Ward. Team has to work with someone they hate but he's trustworthy actually.

Also, remember that if someone is pulled outta the framework, their brain will likely be fried...

ZeoVGM

Banned
Listening to a podcast

Theory: Daisy isn't an LMD, it just says it has detected four. And guess who is that fourth? You guessed it, Leopold Fitz! Also Gemma is in the framework. Because of course she is

Wishlist: Season ends with a fully working LMD of everyone's favorite, Ward. Team has to work with someone they hate but he's trustworthy actually.

Also, remember that if someone is pulled outta the framework, their brain will likely be fried...

Only one episode of LMD stuff left so I think the dream of LMD Ward is dead.

I seriously don't know how they are going to wrap up so much with just one episode left.

Over / under Fitz father being used in the third arc? A scientist that found the savage lands or something like that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know what I would do in that case? Call for some backup, somebody I know hasn't been replaced.

Hunter and Bobbi plz

Top Bottom