• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Maybe we were wrong what if this was the true superior
03forcomic_223924.jpg

Only one thing left to do..

4a208d88.gif

vivftp

I was gonna go with the theory that the 4 of them weren't replaced and that was a swerve because either Fitz or Simmons was replaced and mucked about with the logs. Then Aida had to go mention replacing the top agents at SHIELD, so I guess they really were replaced? I dunno, I think there's another swerve that we're missing.

I was gonna go with the theory that the 4 of them weren't replaced and that was a swerve because either Fitz or Simmons was replaced and mucked about with the logs. Then Aida had to go mention replacing the top agents at SHIELD, so I guess they really were replaced? I dunno, I think there's another swerve that we're missing.

Everyone is a LMD and Davis will save the day.

ShdwDrake

Banned
They're in the framework. Fitz and Simmons are at least. The LMD is a red herring their "thing to do" kinda like how may is just in there fighting and doing spy shit.

Is this supposed to be the first instances of LMDs? Cause Tony Stark joked about it in Iron Man 2........but who remembers Iron Man 2? (It was on the other day and I forgot so much of the plot.......except the bird!)

iosefe

Is this supposed to be the first instances of LMDs? Cause Tony Stark joked about it in Iron Man 2........but who remembers Iron Man 2? (It was on the other day and I forgot so much of the plot.......except the bird!)
If it helps, there was an older LMD project that the Keonigs were working on.

They're in the framework. Fitz and Simmons are at least. The LMD is a red herring their "thing to do" kinda like how may is just in there fighting and doing spy shit.

I believe that.

Except what about the part with Phil reactivating May Bot?

Oooooh! I got it.. Phil, Mack, Daisy all spent time in the prototype framework. That's how their brains were mapped.
Fitz is the bot!! He tricked them into getting their brains mapped which made it easy to sent over to Aida which allowed for effortless replacement.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I believe that.

Oooooh! I got it.. Phil, Mack, Daisy all spent time in the prototype framework. That's how their brains were mapped.
Fitz is the bot!! He tricked them into getting their brains mapped which made it easy to sent over to Aida which allowed for effortless replacement.

Sheeeit it's totally that. Well the mapping at least, Radcliff/Aida could be tapped into Fitz's shit secretly. But he sure was acting LMDey when Jemma was bein suspicious.

Nobody remembers Iron Man 2.

Case in point : The joke was in the avengers. Unless they made two different jokes about it, and I forgot the Iron man 2 one. Either way.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Tho he'd have to erase himself from the LMD scanners if he was one, which seems unlikely. It caught those other four, Jemma shoulda seen him in there too.

So maybe Fitz is human, but just evil. Radcliffe's secret partner all along.

LionPride

Banned
Tho he'd have to erase himself from the LMD scanners if he was one, which seems unlikely. It caught those other four, Jemma shoulda seen him in there too.

Like he couldn't erase himself from the scanners...

I'd rather have that, he was evil all along. But if we're going with conspiracy theories I bet the LMD / Framework one is way more likely.

So I'm trying to work out what Radcliffe is planning. So far he's come up ahead in everything - he successfully retrieved the Darkhold from SHIELD custody, and he thoroughly outsmarted the "Superior" while capturing most of the main cast at the same time (assuming we can take what we saw at face value, of course). What are his motivations now? Is he done with LMD research and now plans to literally plug the whole world into the Framework, Matrix-style? Is that why he still needs SHIELD and what's left of the Watchdogs?

Khaz

But how did they capture them all? I mean Aida is strong, but I can't believe she's a match for Quake. The only other time she was compromised was when she was taken by surprise and inhaled Hive particles. She can't have been taken before her fight, as obviously LMDs can't duplicate her powers.

When did Mack and Coulson get switched? After they find Mace? Aida would have to face robot-hand and the-beheader-of-bots simultaneously. If it was before, then when?

What happens to the red shirt who was with Coulson? he was here right until Coulson finds the Russian then he conveniently disappear. Continuity error or something else?

Why did no one think of taking the Russian with them? He's the head of a terrorist group, at the very least it's good PR to have him thrown in an American prison by Shield.

If the four are LMDs, the original are on the ship. Aida would have had to capture each of them, move them to the ship, program the LMDs, put the LMDs in various places in the base, then rush back to escape in the submarine? But wait, Aida is still in the base at the end, so the submarine is a decoy?

Something doesn't add up. The initial impression that all four are LMDs got switched somehow in the base for evil twins with a mission doesn't quite fit the picture we're given. I would say Fitz and Simmons are in the Framework, but the final scene with Maybot doesn't fit either.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

AIDA said the TOP agents at SHIELD were replaced, correct? Doesn't Gemma outrank Mack?

Talking myself out of that though as I'm not sure why she would expose the other LMDs if she were one herself.

Edit:

I believe that.

:O I think you got it.

kurahador

I knew this episode was too straight forward at first.

Damn, good catch. The moment when Jemma was checking the logs while Fitz is standing behind her looking suspicious had me nervous. I thought Fitz was going to break her neck or something.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I knew this episode was too straight forward at first.

Damn, good catch. The moment when Jemma was checking the logs while Fitz is standing behind her looking suspicious had me nervous. I thought Fitz was going to break her neck or something.

Yeah there was some uneasy tension from Fitz there. It was a very tense scene....

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

But when was Mace mapped?

jmood88

That's what I'm thinking. The whole thing about missing a chunk of time isn't resolved by everyone being an LMD.

The reference was in The Avengers, but that's hardly important either way.

The way I see it, within the MCU LMD is an established sci-fi term. When Tony Stark says it, it's a pop culture reference. Then the Koenigs, Radcliffe, and anyone else building realistic robots are referencing the same sci-fi work by calling them LMDs.

At least they finally implemented a robot scanner after the first Aida infiltration.

Mace was replaced first, I think. No way a regular human would've survived a beating from those Russians. Aida looking on was probably to check that he was still functional. If only the Superior cut him deeper.

As for how the others were replaced... we might see that in flashbacks.

And I wouldn't put it beyond a Framework twist ("the time was all wrong") or even a Fitz swerve.

Thoughts that the Superior might become an LMD? His body is broken and if he's going to come back there's no way he can heal that fast. Can't wait for his reaction when he figures out he's not real.

The twist might've been cool if they spread it out over a couple episodes. Add a bit of a horror-movie vibe to it if say, Fitz figures out Coulson is an LMD and goes to Mack with the intel, only for Mack to reveal he's also an LMD. He runs to Daisy for help, only for her to reveal she's an LMD too.

Just watched the ep, that was a great twist at the end. My money is on Fitz, mack, mace and coulson being lmd. Kinda hope Fitz and Gemma aren't as would be great to have those 2 save the day with yoyo and some other side characters like the inhuman who melted stuff, or Bobby and bloke whose name i forgot.

Reckon must be Fitz though as it shows how they mapped the others, think Gemma could be potentially though, she mentioned the blackouts first, so that's when they got replaced, think her and fitz were shut down. The alarm went off in the other ep when she walked in.

Deadly

Chloe Bennet just posted a picture on instagram saying that next week is the last episode of the LMD storyline. Interesting since there's quite a few episodes left to the season....

Mariolee

I realy thought at the end they were going to have a mystery as to who of the four are LMDs, but then the swerve was that ALL of them were. Jeez this show is going balls deep. This was incredible and that preview for the next one looks even more fun.

Chloe Bennet just posted a picture on instagram saying that next week is the last episode of the LMD storyline. Interesting since there's quite a few episodes left to the season....

Yeah they said a while back this season's gonna have three arcs.
I also assume there's gonna be another lengthy break between the LMD arc and the next one. =/

LMDs are cool and all, but I miss the mystic Marvel stuff with the Darkhold and Ghost Rider...

And I'm guessing the 4 LMD thing is real, or FitzSimmons got captured and are in the Framework.

Deadly

Yeah they said a while back this season's gonna have three arcs.
I also assume there's gonna be another lengthy break between the LMD arc and the next one. =/

Ahh didn't know that. Wonder what the 3rd arc will be since it doesn't seem they've alluded to anything yet. How are they going to conclude everything in a single episode though?

Top Bottom