• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

Jbird34

Kintaro said:
Will they be Elyos or Asmo?

Goons will be Elyos. Since there seems to be several of us that don't want to roll on the same server as GS we will go with TRINIEL SERVER please make sure everyone gets the word!

Lucis

Jbird34 said:
Goons will be Elyos. Since there seems to be several of us that don't want to roll on the same server as GS we will go with TRINIEL SERVER please make sure everyone gets the word!

why another east coast server?
during ob i see people on really late and i'm guessing unless they are up at 4am east or it's 1am west.
est server is really bad for pst people because it's better to stay up later than get off work earlier

is Triniel final?

Jbird34

Well I am on CST and Velion is on EST. It seems we have a large contingent of CST and EST and that does suck for the west coaters. Also it is a more balanced server with 29 Elyos Legions and 24 (25 counting us) Asmodian Legions. I am sorry if you won't be rolling with us Kirashi I wish they would have set all US servers at the same time and it would have made this much easier.

From Aionsourse:
"The Fortress system is not scheduled at specific times every day. Fortresses have certain chances to become vulnerable at certain times all throughout the week. We specifically adjusted the peak times between the east, west and oceanic region because the wars do favor peak times (evenings and weekends)."

They consider Primetime 4pm-12am but raid times won't necessarily be locked in to that time frame.

SleazyC

Also I got a buddy at work who is going to be playing and I'd like to get him in the legion as well if possible. He will be main'ing a Sorc.

Quadratic

Good thing I checked the thread before pre select. Can someone fill me in on why we are avoiding Goon Squad? I've only played FFXI and less than a year of WoW. Are they some notorious douchebag guild?

Flambe

Basically yeah.

They love griefing and (as their justification) making people not take <insert game> so seriously.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I remember hearing them alot in EVE, and I think in WoW. I know in EVE, they're notorious for some HUGE fucking-overs of alot of people. While funny to read all that they did, but I wouldn't want to have been a victim of what the pulled off.

hitsugi

Jbird34 said:

thanks for the quick switch!

as for goons.. they don't just grief.. they're basically strength in (very) large numbers. large enough to balance out or completely imbalance a servers race population by themselves.*

*seriously.

CAW

Was there a certain time announced for the pre-select today? I searched this thread and the other and couldn't find anything, I even checked the STEAM forums.

When I try to login the login screen just sits there (and hangs) for about five minutes and then says "disconnected from server".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Throw my name up there. Darsh - Gladiator/Templar. I'll decide on the 20th. With Velio and others going Templar, it opens me up to excel at what I do. DEE PEE ESS.

Pre-select time today is NOON PST! :D

nataku

CAW said:
Was there a certain time announced for the pre-select today? I searched this thread and the other and couldn't find anything, I even checked the STEAM forums.

When I try to login the login screen just sits there (and hangs) for about five minutes and then says "disconnected from server".

There is supposed to be yet another client update today. It was actually supposed to hit last night, then it was changed to this morning. I don't think anyone will be doing the preselect until they release that one.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/aion-launch-version-1.html

The best news is that they're removing GameGuard for launch. It sounds like they may put it back in in the future, but for now it's gone.

Anyway, preselect is supposed to be in 2hr 20minutes as of this post. :lol

http://kindred.aion.tv/status/

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
SleazyC said:
Err... Aion disappeared from my NCSoft Launcher menu... this happen to anyone else?

Cut out the Aion Internal folder from the Launcher.
Launcher started fine, but no Aion.
Copied the Aion Internal folder back again, and Launcher works and Aion is there.

SleazyC

Gromph said:
Cut out the Aion Internal folder from the Launcher.
Launcher started fine, but no Aion.
Copied the Aion Internal folder back again, and Launcher works and Aion is there.
Didn't work. This is perfect timing for something like this to occur to me.

daebo

Okay, I created Daebo the Cleric. But I also created Atraleon the soon to be Sorc since there seems to be a lack of them.

CAW

Just an update/change (sorry JBird):

Caw - Mage (Sorc)
Soyna - Mage (Spiritmaster)

My brother is staying the same though:

Selvaria - Glad

Thank you.

Balya

Balya (Scout/Assassin) is created.

Also made Cerspere (Mage) in case we end up needing another Sorc or SM.

Lucis

it looks like you guys' server is full on both sides,
if anyone didn't make a character yet can't anymore =(

Lebron

Kirashi said:
it looks like you guys' server is full on both sides,
if anyone didn't make a character yet can't anymore =(
They said they would re-open the servers that are already full for headstart. So you can try and make one then. Still stupid.

RSLAEV

Woah so the NeoGaf server is full? no fair! I haven't even gotten off work yet!

I know it'll be unlocked on release, but hey I wanted to make my guy today too :(

Top Bottom