• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

Jbird34

Kintaro said:
Man NC Soft is full of fail.

The fact that the servers filled up so quickly says the outlook is positive. I know you don't share my optimism at this point but I think this is going to be awesome. Sucks the server got locked though cause several are locked out until they open it back up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Jbird34 said:
The fact that the servers filled up so quickly says the outlook is positive. I know you don't share my optimism at this point but I think this is going to be awesome. Sucks the server got locked though cause several are locked out until they open it back up.

No, the server population caps were set way low for this bullshit. The fact that it was full before people got off work in most places makes me think so. When headstart begins, these servers will be SLAMMED all day long. It'll create headaches for legions, servers will keep kicking people around while trying to frantically balance sides. This is a huge headache waiting to happen.

I'm betting many will lost one day of headstart because these servers will be fucked.

Lebron said:
So basically, open beta all over again? :lol

Bet on it. =/

I'll say this right now. You guys may or may not agree with me. I essentially paid $5 early for headstart, if I'm forced to miss out on headstart and preselection time because NC Soft fucked this up and I have to wait to pick a side because of balance or if shit is laggy, you can count me out. =/ I already missed preselect...

Lebron

Kintaro said:
No, the server population caps were set way low for this bullshit. The fact that it was full before people got off work in most places makes me think so. When headstart begins, these servers will be SLAMMED all day long. It'll create headaches for legions, servers will keep kicking people around while trying to frantically balance sides. This is a huge headache waiting to happen.
So basically, open beta all over again? :lol

jmonteiro

This sucks, can't create a character and got the CE boxed version :(

My character will be krik(a/etta), a female Cleric... if the servers allow us to create characters again :(

KaYotiX

Banned
Kintaro said:

I'm betting many will lost one day of headstart because these servers will be fucked.

So basically like any other MMO headstart or launch week.

Preselection Server Status
September 18, 2009 5:06 PM

Seeing as our Preselection is now well underway and servers are filling up fast, we decided to put together a list of servers and their character creation status.

If a server is temporarily closed or temporarily only accepting characters for one of the races, it may still open up at a later point. We continually monitor our servers in order to keep them balanced, so keep checking back if there's a particular server you are interested in.

Europe
1. [ENG] Spatalos - Temporarily Locked
2. [ENG] Telemachus
3. [ENG] Castor - Elyos Only
4. [ENG] Perento
5. [ENG] Gorgos - Elyos Only
6. [GER] Kromede - Elyos Only
7. [GER] Thor
8. [GER] Votan - Elyos Only
9. [GER] Balder
10. [FRA] Urtem
11. [FRA] Vidar - Elyos Only
12. [FRA] Suthran - Elyos Only

North America
1. [West] Siel
2. [East] Israphel - Elyos Only
3. [Oceanic] Nezekan - Elyos Only
4. [East] Zikel - Temporarily Locked
5. [West] Vaizel - Elyos Only
6. [East] Triniel - Temporarily Locked
7. [West] Kaisinel - Elyos Only
8. [East] Lumiel - Temporarily Locked
9. [West] Yustiel - Elyos Only
10. [East] Marchutan - Elyos Only
11. [West] Ariel
12. [East] Azphel - Temporarily Locked

Temporarily Locked indicates that a server currently is full and that we for a short time need to halt character creation. Don't worry - as other servers fill up and the overall situation balances out, it may soon be unlocked. It is important for us that a few servers are not left overcrowded and others empty.

Elyos/Asmodian Only indicates that one race is currently too large on a server and that we have been required to temporarily only allow characters from the other side. Don't worry - as the two sides balance out, the one that is disabled may soon again become enabled.

We will do our best to keep this list updated to reflect server status until Preselection ends on Sunday morning, 20th of September.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/preselection-server-status.html

Kintaro

KaYotiX said:
So basically like any other MMO headstart or launch week.

*thinks*

Hit or miss. Warhammer launched will IIRC. The PvP was laggy, but just as laggy as Aion has been during closed and open beta. However, I made a character, got in easy and played. Didn't have a problaby with this mess and things were pretty balanced from the get in terms of sides.

Age of Conan wasn't so lucky.

You know the difference between those two and now? Conan launched last May when nothing else was coming out and Warhammer launched around this time last year as well. Neither of them had quite the amount of awesome games coming out just before or after it that I could spend my money on.

Jube3

Kintaro said:

Bet on it. =/

I'll say this right now. You guys may or may not agree with me. I essentially paid $5 early for headstart, if I'm forced to miss out on headstart and preselection time because NC Soft fucked this up and I have to wait to pick a side because of balance or if shit is laggy, you can count me out. =/ I already missed preselect...

Yea man I work from home and I was getting errors all day. Just now I was able to launch Aion but no preselect for the gaf server on asmo side :(

Kintaro

Well, I was able to make an Elyos on a different server. :lol

Sigh. I still lament the exclusion of a hand to hand class... =/

Kintaro

Damn. 7 out of 12 servers are Elyos only right now (the other 5 are open for both). I have a feeling this is going to get worse come launch. NC Soft has really only used Asmos to promote this game (similar to Mythic using only Destruction to promote Warhammer for the most part) so I guess it should be surprising...

hitsugi

Kintaro said:
Damn. 7 out of 12 servers are Elyos only right now (the other 5 are open for both). I have a feeling this is going to get worse come launch. NC Soft has really only used Asmos to promote this game (similar to Mythic using only Destruction to promote Warhammer for the most part) so I guess it should be surprising...

it's like the opposite of wow which started with a severe alliance-based imbalance on most servers..

Kintaro

Finally got to reserve some names.

I'll either be Darsh or Darshes. Made my two favorite designs (I scrapped Afro man...I don't think I could stand that for the entire time). I'll flip a coin tomorrow and see which one goes forward.

Uh, weird question. Did the guys in here all roll guys or girls? :lol

daebo said:
What time (east coast) does the head start start tomorrow?

In theory? 3pm EST. In reality? Who knows.

daebo

Kintaro said:

I'll either be Darsh or Darshes. Made my two favorite designs (I scrapped Afro man...I don't think I could stand that for the entire time). I'll flip a coin tomorrow and see which one goes forward.

In theory? 3pm EST. In reality? Who knows.

Thanks.

And I rolled two guys. JBird has seen my midget toon :lol and I made another as tall as possible, as skinny as possible, with long arms and big feet who looks quite goofy. I just try to look as dumb as possible. Much more memoriable. :lol

nataku

I got my names reserved. Veplerion, a priest and Vaelyris, a warrior.

Chanter will be the main, I'm just undecided if it'll be Vep or Vaelyris. I was mainly just reserving the names right now.

Anyone have any pictures of high level Chanter armor for both male and females?

I need to say it again -

but Thepopopop, LIVE version, is even uglier than Thepopopop beta version. I'm really proud of myself for this accomplishment.

hitsugi

Kintaro said:

Actually a really good question.. especially in a game like this lol. Saga is a girl, Setzer is a guy

Kintaro

hitsugi said:
Actually a really good question.. especially in a game like this lol. Saga is a girl, Setzer is a guy

I admit, I made a pretty kick ass looking rocker chick.

Quadratic

I normally roll a female avatar, but for Aion I decided to go male. I wanted to roll Galka in FFXI but they had to work extra hard to be a mage job. I like how the Asmodians can look big and hulking. A good size for the tank I'll be playing.

Any word if we have a vent server? I haven't been on one since my WoW days 3 years ago.

Lebron

Some bastard took my name, uh.

IGN: Miko
Class: Priest(Chanter)

I also made a Warrior(Templar), but I won't be leveling him up at the moment. No need to take up useless space in the Legion.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I made Militia (Scout) on Triniel. Would be my 2nd character, until I talk to Jbird, who reserved my name for me yesterday. Militia is not only a military word, but it just sounds oddly Feminine.

ep85

Is it a problem on my end if it says "Cannot connect to server" when trying to log onto Triniel? or is it that the server is locked already again after the website update @ 530...blerg

I've tried other servers and they connect fine...

Belfast

I wish I could commit, but I can't promise that I'm playing past the first month. Not entirely sure what I'm playing yet, anyway. I tried Assassin in the beta (usually play rogue-types), but wasn't entirely happy with it.

Velion

Belfast said:
I wish I could commit, but I can't promise that I'm playing past the first month. Not entirely sure what I'm playing yet, anyway. I tried Assassin in the beta (usually play rogue-types), but wasn't entirely happy with it.
What level did you make it to? Because you're not going to feel "in" your class til at least 25+.

ep85 said:
Is it a problem on my end if it says "Cannot connect to server" when trying to log onto Triniel? or is it that the server is locked already again after the website update @ 530...blerg

I've tried other servers and they connect fine...
Not sure what to tell you but I can connect to it just fine, have you tried to wait a bit then connect?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Come on Bel, if I can join up, and I've never played Aion before, you can stay for a little while. :p

ep85

Velion said:
Not sure what to tell you but I can connect to it just fine, have you tried to wait a bit then connect?
Really? I've tried periodically in the past hour every 10 minutes or so...

Belfast

Velion said:
What level did you make it to? Because you're not going to feel "in" your class til at least 25+.

I think I got to 17 or 18. Maybe there are a few more abilities later on, but balance didn't seem in favor of the class. Enemies died too slowly and you still took too much damage. And I think that the combat should've felt faster with a class like this.

Maybe it's just the way the game plays, though. Regardless, I'm going to try something else first. Since we need more Sorcerers, I think I'll walk that path for now.

Name will be Amatera.

Belfast

Lonestar said:
Come on Bel, if I can join up, and I've never played Aion before, you can stay for a little while. :p

Eh, I'm already paying for WoW monthly, and I don't know if I can support two accounts.

Top Bottom