• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aion: Official US Legion Thread

B.K.

Is there a benchmark for the game? It looks kind of interesting, but I'd like to find out how it would run on my computer first.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
B.K. said:
Is there a benchmark for the game? It looks kind of interesting, but I'd like to find out how it would run on my computer first.
If this helps you at all, it runs like butter with hawt graphics on my 8600M GT card in my MBP.

No joke.

Jbird34

LuCkymoON said:
Will there be an official legion channel?
So that we it will be easier to run into other members in the game. =)

well we do have Legion chat, sent me a /whisper in game and I will shoot you an invite!

lol nevermind I didn't realize that was you Reiza

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Put me down as a Spirit Master in the OP...I'm up for a little punishment methinks :lol

Flambe

RubxQub said:
Put me down as a Spirit Master in the OP...I'm up for a little punishment methinks :lol

Same with Flambe, there were like 3 or 4 mages when I was online who were all going for Sorc, sooo =p

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just purchased it on Steam, downloading now. I need a break from WoW.

Not sure what class I will be yet though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Because it needs posting on the OP.

Darsh - Templar.

Crafts: Armorsmithing, Alchemy and Cooking.

Jube3

nothing like 3 straight computer crashes in a row trying to load the hundred afk shops 3 feet from the pandemonium portal. Driving me up the wall -_-

Jube3

Almost Level 17 here :D
aion2_1.png

I just picked up the game and am patching now. I will be playing a Cleric. Character name forthcoming, I will post tonight when I play.

hitsugi

ugh.. I can already feel the conflict of real life vs wanting to play this game as hardcore as possible.. not working so far I'm only level 9 from day 1! aaaahhhhh D: at least I have tonight to play. I shall ascend and get working on Assassin. Didn't help that I got home at 7:30 and had to wait 2 and a half hours to get in last night x.x

When will they upgrade the servers? I managed to login for 5 minutes this morning before class to just save my characters names finally, without actually customizing their looks. But I'm not waiting in queue for several hours just to finally be able to create my toons and then just to play.

tomei

Put my crafting down as handicraft please. I'll be the one making the +flight rings, earrings, and bows.

StormyTheRabbit said:
When will they upgrade the servers? I managed to login for 5 minutes this morning before class to just save my characters names finally, without actually customizing their looks. But I'm not waiting in queue for several hours just to finally be able to create my toons and then just to play.

At least there's a new WoW patch today since I can't get into Aion :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It so isn't. 3 servers are less than 20 minutes of que time. Thats a time difference of...2 hours and 45 minutes!

Lonestar

One was Ariel, but I'm not turning that program back on for awhile, doing something more productive than Queing at the moment.

SleazyC

daebo said:
Is it still crazy? I'm going home soon. So, I guess with the release the queues are still bad?
2 - 3 hour wait. Pretty much kills any chance of me playing during the week as I usually get back home around 6-7PM.

hitsugi

SleazyC said:
2 - 3 hour wait. Pretty much kills any chance of me playing during the week as I usually get back home around 6-7PM.

gotta start the queue remotely. like I'm about to do right now >.>

also, while some servers may have lower queues.. they also have the potential to die out after the first month passes. this is something NC Soft is very capable of fixing and they need to stop taking this lax "it'll fix itself" approach and be a bit more proactive.

daebo

SleazyC said:

Yup, just got home, 3 hour queue wait. That means around midnight I'll be logging on. *sigh* so much for playing at nights. which really blows.

I guess I could always go apply my code for wings to my Guild Wars character...

daebo

Awesome. Server is down... Maybe I'll be able to sneak in :lol

LOL... score... queue is now 12 minutes :lol

Lonestar

Guess that's the only way I can get in. Though still, 25 minute wait :lol

I will forever curse Jbird, Ryu, and Topheru for this TREACHARY!

Now, to check to see how badly I mispelled that.
'

Hooooorseshit, timer is going up 420 in front of me, 42 minute wait.

Tesseract

Banned
ChronoKnight said:
Triniel is closed for making Asmodians...looks like I will need to play on a different server, that sucks.

hm, really? just bought the game, yo. interested in joining neogaf's legion ...
'guess i'll wait a few days before activating / playing.

SleazyC

hitsugi said:
gotta start the queue remotely. like I'm about to do right now >.>

also, while some servers may have lower queues.. they also have the potential to die out after the first month passes. this is something NC Soft is very capable of fixing and they need to stop taking this lax "it'll fix itself" approach and be a bit more proactive.
My PC has been in a permanent state of "upgrade" for the past 6 months. Playing using my work laptop which I take to work with me unfortunately so it's not an option. I need to finish building this damn computer.

CAW

My brother picked up his 'physical' copy tonight from EB Games. Wow, impressive tin case and everything, and that's just the regular version. Best looking regular box for a PC game I've seen yet.

LuCkymoON

Banned
CAW said:
My brother picked up his 'physical' copy tonight from EB Games. Wow, impressive tin case and everything, and that's just the regular version. Best looking regular box for a PC game I've seen yet.
The CE version does not come with the TIN case =(
However the soundtrack and statue are very nice.

Jbird34

It does that to make sure population stays balanced. Just give it a little while Asmo should open back up

Here is a pic of me in Enemy Territory lol
11gimpw.jpg

ep85

daebo said:
Was there a reason why the servers went down? Better be to fix the queue times.
I don't think they can do much to lessen the queues, but the random pulling of the server does get rid of all the afk shops, which in turn frees up all those spots. Just my theory, though..

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I went and diddled around on another server and a friend tried making an asmodian successfully on Triniel, so I did as well!

My char's name is Entropia. Just a level 4 Mage at the moment, but I plan to be a Sorcerer.

Otheradam

Did anyone order from Amazon? They said there was an exclusive pair of in-game shoes if you preorder but I don't see anywhere to redeem them and it is not in the standard pre-order items claim list.

Also, who can invite to the gaf legion? My character name is Cerie.

Jbird34

Otheradam said:
Did anyone order from Amazon? They said there was an exclusive pair of in-game shoes if you preorder but I don't see anywhere to redeem them and it is not in the standard pre-order items claim list.

Rayn or Saya can invite

LuCkymoON

Banned
Otheradam said:

I preordered from Amazon on the 14th of July. This is the what the confirmation email said:
More about your pre-order bonus:
The pre-order code you have received in this email expires 30 days after the release of Aion.
When you receive your Aion box, redeem your final product serial code (found in the physical game box) as described in the game box, and install the game program in the game box DVDs.
If you have any questions regarding the installation of Aion, contact the Tech Support team via http://help.ncsoft.com
For updates about this offer at Amazon.com, visit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000386371
In-game items available with the final in-box code will include, the Ancient Ring of Earth (exclusive to Amazon.com), the Black Cloud Helmet (a stat boost), and the Lodas Amulet (XP boost).

Top Bottom