• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys 4infinity countdown ends tomorrow (7/3), most likely Zero Escape 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tumblr_letqwbLlvt1qg39jwo1_250.gif

The Hermit

That was the longest counter ever, btw.

This is another "3" sequel that I wanted so bad.

Only one left

Edit: I will be very pissed if its a kickstarter, it means it will launch in 2 year at least

FluxWaveZ

Seriously, they set up some pretty stupid expectations with a countdown this long. You don't do that unless it ends with something substantial and anticipated. It'll be dumb if this is a kickstarter, and it'll be dumb if this is an announcement with nothing to show for it.

Shouta

Seriously, they set up some pretty stupid expectations with a countdown this long. You don't do that unless it ends with something substantial and anticipated. It'll be dumb if this is a kickstarter, and it'll be dumb if this is an announcement with nothing to show for it.

Watch it be ZE3 for PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 and they're porting all of the previous games to PC or something.

I want to believe.. but damn , if there is nothing tommorow , i will LOSE IT

It was a mistery worthy of a sucessfull escape at least.

Tagg9

Watch it be ZE3 for PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 and they're porting all of the previous games to PC or something.

That would legitimately shock me. I'm expecting Vita or 3DS. It's really the type of game that works best as a portable title.

Aksys probably knows that if they don't live up to expectations they will not be leaving that room alive.

These panels have lines for their lines. The sheer disappointment that would ensure if things fall flat will be measurable on the Richter scale.

Eblo

The 999 art needs to come back. Don't really like the 3Dish style of VLR.
My man. The 2D style of 999 seemed to fit the atmosphere and characters far better. The 3D model style of VLR was an obstacle for me to get into the game, as much as I prefer VLR to 999.

Although, in that post-VLR Q&A I believe Uchikoshi said that ZE3 would be in 3D. This was also years ago, however, so who knows.

Aksys probably knows that if they don't live up to expectations they will not be leaving that room alive.

These panels have lines for their lines. The sheer disappointment that would ensure if things fall flat will be measurable on the Richter scale.

There is absolutely no way Aksys would 1 - start a countdown that has lasted nearly 4 months if it wasn't for something huge, and 2 - not say anything when everyone has been expecting Zero Escape 3 from freaking day 1! Throw in all the clues and tweets and it's obvious this is Zero Escape 3. Almost too obvious! :p

Dice//

Banned
There is absolutely no way Aksys would 1 - start a countdown that has lasted nearly 4 months if it wasn't for something huge, and 2 - not say anything when everyone has been expecting Zero Escape 3 from freaking day 1! Throw in all the clues and tweets and it's obvious this is Zero Escape 3. Almost too obvious! :p

Well when you put it that way.

Hakuouki:4InfinityLove

septicore

The panel starts at 6 am for me, I'm gonna have to wake up super early on a Saturday morning for this.

I'm so ready for Zero Escape 3 !

moomoo14

If Zero Escape 3 indeed gets announced, I will be about as excited as I can possibly get (and that's a lot). Seriously, this would be better than the entire Sony E3 Press Conference. I need this game in my veins.

takoyaki.......can you modify my avatar in the patient room one more time?

Girlfriend bugged me to make it more true to gay pride support rainbow.

Anyway, I guess we give up solving the puzzle.

It's been a great ride and I love you GAFFers in the OT for such a grand time!

BlackJace

Wait, how would ZE3 taking place
in the middle
"conclude" the series?

That seems like something for an "Origins"-esque entry, not a definitive third one.

Shizuka

in the middle
"conclude" the series?

That seems like something for an "Origins"-esque entry, not a definitive third one.

Have you played the games?
With all the mind jumping and stuff, they could resolve all the issues that take place between the 999 and VLR.

BlackJace

Have you played the games?
With all the mind jumping and stuff, they could resolve all the issues that take place between the 999 and VLR.

Have you finished VLR? It explains how that would make sense.

Yeah, I get that the
AB Project "guarantees" a better future, but besides the possibility of further exploring Phi's character, and maybe the Myrmidons, I guess I don't really see how much story content there is in the Mars Test Site. But hey, that's why I'm not writing or directing the game, haha.

Jaymageck

Yeah, I get that the
AB Project "guarantees" a better future, but besides the possibility of further exploring Phi's character, and maybe the Myrmidons, I guess I don't really see how much story content there is in the Mars Test Site. But hey, that's why I'm not writing or directing the game, haha.

At the very end of VLR, the very very final ending is "someone" waking up in K's body. Someone who is going to be in Zero Escape III. Very likely the protagonist.

The point of the third entry is that the escape of Radical 6 can be prevented at the test site by introducing new variables, of which this character is one of them. That's the entire point of the third game. To stop Radical 6 escaping at the test site and therefore ensure there's a timeline with a "good future".

Assumedly the story will involve getting down to the roots of the origins of Radical 6.

takoyaki

takoyaki.......can you modify my avatar in the patient room one more time?

Girlfriend bugged me to make it more true to gay pride support rainbow.

Anyway, I guess we give up solving the puzzle.

It's been a great ride and I love you GAFFers in the OT for such a grand time!

There you go:

I can't modify the one in the old thread though, that one's set in stone now.

And yeah, chipping away at the teaser with you guys was a blast :)

Yeah, I get that the

But
what happens at the Mars test site in the past (present) will be the conflict that eventually guarantees a better future. We have no idea what Sigma does to do that, which is what the third game is for.

At the very end of VLR, the very very final ending is "someone" waking up in K's body. Someone who is going to be in Zero Escape III. Very likely the protagonist.

I think Uchikoshi already confirmed that was more of an easter egg thing that didn't really represent anything in the main story. Just a small thing to make you think more. He even said
the character is a certain spoilery character from Ever 17.

in the middle
"conclude" the series?

ZE3 most likely takes place (VLR ending spoilers)
during the Mars training mission where the outbreak of the Radical-6 virus happened.

It's been teased multiple times and I think the Q&A about VLR on Aksys site even talks about how ZE3 would take place there.
I mean, VLR's ending directly mentions that
Sigma's prupose (aside from setting up the Nonary Game Ambidex Edition) is to prevent the Radical-6 outbreak in the past during the Mars training mission
, so why shouldn't the game take place there? Would make no sense to me otherwise.

My guess is that the characters we will probably see again are (ZE series character spoilers)
Junpei, Akane, Sigma and Phi and Phi is probably the player character this time around, which means a whole lot more of Troy Baker to enjoy (if they bring him back as Sigma's VA, which they should)

Yeah, I get that the

Well, the implication of the true ending is that
Sigma and Phi would transfer their minds back into their younger counterparts to stop the spread of the Radical-6 virus. The events of this third game would chronologically occur before VLR, but by altering events they would be creating a new timeline where the events of VLR would be known only to them.

mStudios

The point of the third entry is that the escape of Radical 6 can be prevented at the test site by introducing new variables, of which this character is one of them. That's the entire point of the third game. To stop Radical 6 escaping at the test site and therefore ensure there's a timeline with a "good future".

Assumedly the story will involve getting down to the roots of the origins of Radical 6.

I don't remember that part (whoever wakes up K), after the old lady reveals that she is indeed K we don't see him anymore, Right? Mind telling me exactly where? I'll look it up on youtube.

That waiting list image got me think about how big the line here would actually be.

And how the 299 person max capacity for the delegated room is not going to be anywhere near enough for everyone that wants to come.

BlackJace

But
what happens at the Mars test site in the past (present) will be the conflict that eventually guarantees a better future. We have no idea what Sigma does to do that, which is what the third game is for.

Ah, I see. The secret-secret ending did hint at that, dunno why I factored that out. Thanks guys.

I don't remember that part (whoever wakes up K), after the old lady reveals that she is indeed K we don't see him anymore, Right? Mind telling me exactly where? I'll look it up on youtube.

We see K sleeping in the cryo pod that was hidden in the Garden section under the tombstone with the key hole in it.

mStudios

Someone above me has implied I'm off the mark on this based on Uchikoshi interviews...but honestly I refuse to believe this whole segment is nothing but an Easter Egg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnyZhzyVmM

We see K sleeping in the cryo pod that was hidden in the Garden section under the tombstone with the key hole in it.

Got em.

So,

We never get to see who is the real "Kyle", that's what you meant, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom