• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys 4infinity countdown ends tomorrow (7/3), most likely Zero Escape 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

Another idea (I thought of this myself).

Maybe 50 m is referring to 50 minutes? Like maybe the ZE3 stuff is 50 minutes into the hour long panel.

The consensus was that "m" is most likely m(eters) [when looking at the words separately], but you're idea is certainly possible. Keeping us all waiting 50min longer sure sounds like Aksys ;)

mStudios

Daily reminder: Alice is the best character in the Zero Escape Saga
And if you think otherwise, you are wrong

jk
latest

MegaZeroX

Neo Member
The consensus was that "m" is most likely m(eters) [when looking at the words separately], but you're idea is certainly possible. Keeping us all waiting 50min longer certainly sounds like Aksys ;)

Yeah, but I'm starting to get the feeling that rather than a big anagram, everything is self contained in each clue. Given Uchikoshi's tweet, I think ice cream mostly likely refers to "I scream," hinting the tone shift to be closer to the horror style of 999.

Cut-here being independent, the single letters being in their own group, and the coordinates being a group all seem to point to this.

So 50 meters on its own seems pretty meaningless, but 50 minutes certainly makes sense given context.

Wazzy

Banned
What a year for announcements. With Digimon Cyber Sleuth being announced and this added in I will freak out.

Daily reminder: Alice is the best character in the Zero Escape Saga
And if you think otherwise, you are wrong

jk
I wouldn't say she's the best, but I do like her a lot. Very underrated. She had to deal with a lot of crap and I think she got the short end of the stick narrative wise. She is responsible for the scariest scene in the game too!

Seishin

It'd be amazing if we get something like
Zero Escape 3 - The Coalescence of Infinity.

It'd be a ZE title and an Infinity title at the same time.

But that'll never happen, hahaha.

mStudios

I love Kirigiri- I mean, Phi.
I like her too.

... Is her top a gold necklace?
Gold? Not sure. All I know is a piece of art!

I wouldn't say she's the best, but I do like her a lot. Very underrated. She had to deal with a lot of crap and I think she got the short end of the stick narrative wise. She is responsible for the scariest scene in the game too!
Indeed. I expect to see more of those moment in ZE3

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, but I'm starting to get the feeling that rather than a big anagram, everything is self contained in each clue. Given Uchikoshi's tweet, I think ice cream mostly likely refers to "I scream," hinting the tone shift to be closer to the horror style of 999.

I hope so. I liked VLR as much as 999, but I really missed the darker tone of 999 and the creepy-ass moments. My first ending was the
submarine one, and goddamn if it isn't the best possible ending to get on a first playthrough.

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
I'm so excited! I got my best friend into the series and when I told her that ZE3 wasn't a certainty she's told me she hated me, lol.

So do you think it's a mere coincidence that tomorrow is the 3rd?

I hope so. I liked VLR as much as 999, but I really missed the darker tone of 999 and the creepy-ass moments. My first ending was the
submarine one, and goddamn if it isn't the best possible ending to get on a first playthrough.

That was my first one also! So fucking amazing!
But I ended up liking VLR more, if only for the better puzzles. I'm in for whatever those guys make for the third entry.

Two Words

Hopefully ZOE3 has a villain that takes more than 5 minutes to tell he is a villain. Only Seymour from FFX was a more obvious hidden villain.

Parablank

here's hoping that they'll bring back the 2d character sprites or at least get the 3d models right like ace attorney

bring back seven too pls

Wouldn't be the third part between 999 and VLR? IIRC I read that somewhere that I don't remember right now.
So we could see a few characters coming back.
If the concept has remained the same,
then ZE3 is supposed to occur between 999 and VLR at the Mars Mission Test Base.

Her fall from grace was really quite spectacular.

She was like my 2nd favorite character in 999, behind Snake.

I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe putting on that Flinstones costume set her brain back to prehistoric intelligence or something, I dunno.

4Tran

Wouldn't be the third part between 999 and VLR? IIRC I read that somewhere that I don't remember right now.
So we could see a few characters coming back.
We know that Phi, Sigma and Luna-voice are going to be at the Mars Test Site, so if the story's going there, we should see them. The game will finally explain Phi's character, thereby fixing one of my main problems with VLR.

She was like my 2nd favorite character in 999, behind Snake.

I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe putting on that Flinstones costume set her brain back to prehistoric intelligence or something, I dunno.
The creators didn't realize why Clover was the fan favorite character from 999. I guess they thought that we thought she was cute or something like that. The popular characters from the previous games shouldn't be showing up in ZE3, so this hopefully wouldn't be much of a problem.

The creators didn't realize why Clover was the fan favorite character from 999. I guess they thought that we thought she was cute or something like that. The popular characters from the previous games shouldn't be showing up in ZE3, so this hopefully wouldn't be much of a problem.

I dunno. I feel that Snake, Seven, and Lotus could possibly make an appearance, at least as cameos. Also, Alice and Clover will definitely come back in some form.

Yes! I love her.

Just like Alice, I feel like she got the short end of the stick in the story, but I love her personality. I wanna see her team up with Alice, they'd be a better duo than Alice and Clover.

Lotus is probably my favourite character from 999, and Alice my favourite from Virtue's Last Reward. I just love smart, badass female written characters. They're both very similar, and if none of them appear in the third game I better at least get another smart, badass female to fill in for them! :D

here's hoping that they'll bring back the 2d character sprites or at least get the 3d models right like ace attorney

bring back seven too pls

Whoa! Whoa! WHOOOA!!! The 3D character models in Virtue's Last Reward were great and an improvement over 999's sprites. The only time they sucked was during the 'still-shots' of them. Ideally they should keep the 3D models but have the scenes for all the 'still-shots' in 2D - or at least put more attention to detail in them if they're going to stay in 3D. 2D backgrounds with 3D character models would be amazing too. That would enhance the atmosphere and make everything that much more grittier!

LMAO! Amazing.

Griss

Had no idea this was happening. Excited!

As much as I liked certain characters from before, I do hope we get an all-new or close to all-new cast.

And I hope it's more like VLR than 999 :)

EDIT: Am I the only one who didn't like Clover in 999 then loved her in VLR? Yes?

Shizuka

I need to get new cover 999 and the 3DS version of VLR to get my collection complete, since I already have old cover 999, the Vita version of VLR and 999: The Novel for iOS.

ike_

Oh god is this real? Only Vita game I ever platinumed. Also kind of thought the 2D art from 999 was better.

10Ce1x6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom