• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down here as well. BTW checked the website source and this text is written in HTML:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator,
 webmaster@4infinity.aksysgames.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

Not sure if this means that this is being shown deliberately or if the website actually is down.

I think I have confirmed that there is nothing hidden, though.

takoyaki

Aaaand he's doing it again. questions and multiple replies here, most interesting reply in which he mentions his next work:

screenshot2015-06-09a5bsmw.png

edit: good point grim-tales, in this case the questions really are important for context

screenshot2015-06-09aeeuuu.png

screenshot2015-06-09a2jui1.png

D-Man

Aaaand he's doing it again. questions and multiple replies here, most interesting reply in which he mentions his next work:

Hm. That was a really interesting set of replies. I really do love reading what Uchikoshi has to say. Dude seems like the type of person who you could get into really deep conversations with.

grim-tales

I think he basically confirms ZE3 there.
Because he's saying we can decide whether Akane and possibly Free the Soul are good/evil. Are they on opposing sides?

takoyaki

new static word "shift" added above the counter

edit: in case anyone else is still looking for anagrams, you can now build sentences containing "sacrifice me/them", "face choice", "mars infect a big choice" by just using the words above the counter

edit2: Using the idea that "cut-here" means cutting the words in half after the 3rd letter, you can build

Gab ice coi sho rin fir shi => I honor his big sacrifice

edit3: here's the #4infinity tweet

screenshot2015-06-10at0s5d.png

Welp, back to waiting for the last 3 words...

grim-tales

Hmmm.
Perhaps there will be a major decision - will one character sacrifice themselves to save the world or not? ;)

takoyaki

^Sorry to bring bad news, but it's a daily counter now. The last number will go down every 24h and the end is still the same, July 3.

So I guess June should be saying "Mehhhhhhhhh!"

takoyaki

It's the best solution I could find, but probably just a coincidence (with those Uchikoshi tweets still fresh in my mind) or only part of the solution. There are still 3 words left to be added and the first 3 letters of those words would have to be included in this solution. It works if they only add more numbers; that would mean that the other group of words (the ones after the cut) can be solved right now.

Swamped

Banned
Ooooh lots of interesting tweets and anagrams going on here! I think I will wait until all the words are out to try my hand at them. Of course, if I get bored I might try earlier...

Do you think we should do a replay of 999 and VLR before the announcement? I would like to do one for myself anyway, but it might be fun to do it as a group so we can discuss it. Or should we wait until after the announcement (what if it's not ZE3 after all and we get burned)?

In any case, it's been more than two years since I played the games so I can't remember a lot of the details. I'm sure I'll discover new things on my playthrough!

Ooooh lots of interesting tweets and anagrams going on here! I think I will wait until all the words are out to try my hand at them. Of course, if I get bored I might try earlier...

Do you think we should do a replay of 999 and VLR before the announcement? I would like to do one for myself anyway, but it might be fun to do it as a group so we can discuss it. Or should we wait until after the announcement (what if it's not ZE3 after all and we get burned)?

In any case, it's been more than two years since I played the games so I can't remember a lot of the details. I'm sure I'll discover new things on my playthrough!

I want to pass some more time before I replay it.

takoyaki

I'd be up for a 999 replay, but sometime after the teaser ends. After what will almost have been 4 months, I'll definitely need a break from anything Uchikoshi related for a while ;)

How did I not know about this?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Also I'm trying too hard to figure out if there's a reason Aksys linked to instrumental Sluttering (May 4th) in that one Tweet other than whoever runs the Twitter just likes Jawbreaker
which is perfectly acceptable because Jawbreaker were rad

Swamped

Banned
Sounds like a plan :] Let's wait until after the announcement. Until then, find your 3DS's Vitas and game cartridges!

Sounds like a plan :] Let's wait until after the announcement. Until then, find your 3DS's Vitas and game cartridges!

heh, I bought a PSTV just for VLR on the living room screen.

Stopped playing VLR for a bit in case this game turns out to be further away than we anticipate. Hard choice as I'm 10 hours in and shit's starting to get real good.

grim-tales

I'm going to replay 999 soon.
I just had a thought (rather one of my FB friends did):
What if.. some of the words can be Casearian shifted (SHIFT) and the words we are seeing are just decoys :eek:
Very interesting.

takoyaki

I'm going to replay 999 soon.
I just had a thought (rather one of my FB friends did):
What if.. some of the words can be Casearian shifted (SHIFT) and the words we are seeing are just decoys :eek:
Very interesting.

Could be, I tried the Caesarian Shift with and without the "cut after 3rd letter" idea a week ago and didn't find anything. Maybe you (or someone else on GAF/reddit) has more luck with it, possibly combined with an anagram? This is the site I used:

http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/caesar.php

edit: my only counterargument would be that "shift" isn't capitalized like "CUT-HERE", if both are hints at what we're supposed to do instead of parts of the puzzle, wouldn't they both be written in capital letters?

takoyaki

It's still a good idea, thanks for bringing it up :)

I don't think the words are random, but it's pretty likely that you just can't solve them before all words/numbers/instructions have appeared on the site. Think about it, if the words form a sentence that makes a clear statement about what the site is teasing, they can't risk it being solved weeks/months before the counter runs out. Aksys seem to be determined to have us all in this state of slow-burning hype, giving us just enough to keep playing without giving us enough to solve this before they want us to.

We've been doing this for 4 months?

really?

This Friday will be the most interesting one in a long while, given the flux of the numbers from 0305 to 0303. Next is 0301? I don't fuck all get this.

Wait...

(Possible Zero Escape 3 info, not sure)
I thought Uchikoshi said you would SHIFT through three different locations in the third game.

We've been doing this for 4 months?

Since 0303...

...I think it's been three months.

EDIT: I've got something GOOD coming up.

A clue: Rang Chili Lord

takoyaki

Do we know if Aksys will have a booth at E3?

Don't think they are at E3 this year, all I could find was a blogpost that the person in charge of their twitter account will be at E3 (as a guest) and do some live-tweeting from the show floor.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2015/06/05/a-fans-eye-view-of-e3-2015/

I haven't seen this thread or the site since it began, and what the hell is this clusterfuck?

It's a very long teaser, please check the "short recap" section on top of the OP if you want to know what's going on.

Swamped

Banned
Wait...

(Possible Zero Escape 3 info, not sure)
I thought Uchikoshi said you would SHIFT through three different locations in the third game.

Since 0303...

...I think it's been three months.

EDIT: I've got something GOOD coming up.

A clue: Rang Chili Lord

"Rang Chili Lord"? Your clues rival that of the 4infinity.co website!

takoyaki

^ It means Funyarinpa is "teasing his announcement of a theory for the solution to a puzzle which is a teaser for an announcement"

edit: still looking forward to your theory Funyarinpa, but I'm not playing another meta-game. Feel free to share your findings whenever you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom