• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

with E3 in full swing, I thought a short E3 update was in order:

• It's very unlikely that the game will be revealed at E3 / during E3 week, don't get your hopes up
  • I’ve found nothing that points at Aksys being at E3 and there’s the old argument that the announcement of a niche game would be overshadowed by the big games
  • The counter ends at the exact time (13:00) that the Aksys Anime Expo panel (July 3) begins at, a reveal in 18 days seems like a safe bet
  • Having put in a lot of time, I don’t think that the words/numbers part of the teaser is solvable at this stage. This will change during the last week, when the last word/number is added to the site; it's best to save some energy for then and look at things with a fresh mind.
For now, let’s enjoy the feeling of games actually being announced, it’s been a while. Happy E3 everyone :)

Swamped

Banned
Yes, indeed! We should in fact pat ourselves on the back for making it this far over the mountain. We have nearly reached the town at the base of it!

Let us enjoy E3 in peace...and casually look forward to Anime Expo too :)

redhood56

Banned

• It's very unlikely that the game will be revealed at E3 / during E3 week, don't get your hopes up
  • I’ve found nothing that points at Aksys being at E3 and there’s the old argument that the announcement of a niche game would be overshadowed by the big games
  • The counter ends at the exact time (13:00) that the Aksys Anime Expo panel (July 3) begins at, a reveal in 18 days seems like a safe bet
  • Having put in a lot of time, I don’t think that the words/numbers part of the teaser is solvable at this stage. This will change during the last week, when the last word/number is added to the site; it's best to save some energy for then and look at things with a fresh mind.
For now, let’s enjoy the feeling of games actually being announced, it’s been a while. Happy E3 everyone :)
Only 18 days left? Oh man we have been doing this for a long time.

grim-tales

Well hopefully everything will be finally be worth the wait. The only thing we know for sure is the location of the reveal.

Irru

Neo Member
I tried asking Aksys again about whether their AnimeExpo panel would be streamed. Response was understandable, although I'm glad they didn't say no.

c62f2b3601.png

takoyaki

I tried asking Aksys again about whether their AnimeExpo panel would be streamed. Response was understandable, although I'm glad they didn't say no.

I'm actually pretty optimistic that a stream will happen or that they'll at least release a public teaser/trailer that will coincide with the panel, they've responded a few times to tweets asking about a stream and never said no.

btw, good to see you on GAF Irru :)

The hype probably surpassed expectations....

they've probably recently decided it's worth streaming so they might be getting the logistics work in..

that would be my guess.

Irru

Neo Member
I'm actually pretty optimistic that a stream will happen or that they'll at least release a public teaser/trailer that will coincide with the panel, they've responded a few times to tweets asking about a stream and never said no.

btw, good to see you on GAF Irru :)

Thanks, I actually registered back when the teaser went live, but I was stuck in authentication queue I guess.

takoyaki

^ If you want to, has there been any news worth discussing? I mean, you can't expect people to not be distracted at a time like this (including the Aksys staff) and I'm pretty sure that E3 is a thing on reddit as well.

MLH

Thanks for this update.
I've been following this for some time, came to post today thinking those coordinates pointed to an E3 reveal. Your updates throughout the thread have been particularly informative. I look forward to the eventual reveal!

takoyaki

Thanks for this update.
I've been following this for some time, came to post today thinking those coordinates pointed to an E3 reveal. Your updates throughout the thread have been particularly informative. I look forward to the eventual reveal!

E3 and Anime Expo both take place at the LA Convention Center, so until we knew when the counter would end, E3 was still a possibility. I'm also just compiling the information gathered by everyone in this thread, it's been a real team effort.

We can't will ZE3 into existence (that's Shenmue 3 fan territory) and we might not be able to solve the teaser (at least not until the last week), but what we can do is try to make some sense of the craziness that is 4infinity. Really glad to hear it's helping some people :)

takoyaki

As for Shenmue 3, I never played the first two games but now it makes me want to play them, for some reason :D

Man, I could gush over Shenmue for hours and hours. It's probably my favorite franchise of all time and yesterday felt magical, BUT that would end in a thread derail of epic proportions ;)

Just know that even the most die-hard SM fans will admit that the games are hard to get into if you're accustomed to things that most take for granted in modern gaming. The story, graphics, most of the gameplay and especially the atmosphere have held up pretty well though and IMO it's still very much worth playing (not just as a piece of gaming history).

If you haven't played them yet, it's probably best to wait a bit longer. The way the Kickstarter exploded yesterday makes a HD remaster more likely then ever.

If the hype has gotten ahold of you and you NEED to play the games asap, Europeans have it pretty easy: used PAL Dreamcast, SM1 to see if you like it, RGB cable or VGA box. This thread will help you as well, best to continue the discussion there.

Your friendly reminder that we are in the last 16 days.

PM me if you want to add me on Skype to watch the Anime Expo event together (provided it is livestreamed)

Swamped

Banned
Woah you guys! Portrait eh?
Like the portrait of a dog? Or a Funyarinpa?

So we will probably get two more words then. Can't wait till AE when they put everything together finally.

takoyaki

Here's the tweet:

screenshot2015-06-17ah4qs6.png

they are back to using the main Aksys account for the #4infinity tweets

You can now make anagrams with the name "Phi" in it, the letter "P" was always missing until now.

Here's the tweet:

screenshot2015-06-17ah4qs6.png

they are back to using the main Aksys account for the #4infinity tweets

You can now make anagrams with the name "Phi" in it, the letter "P" was always missing until now.

Were you the person to find out that the first 3 letters of all words combined spell "I honor his big sacrifice" or something?

EDIT: It really checks out, except for "por" (of "portrait") and "CUT" (of "CUT-HERE")

takoyaki

Were you the person to find out that the first 3 letters of all words combined spell "I honor his big sacrifice" or something?

I did that last week when "shift" was added. You can now build the sentence

ice shi Gab coi fir sho rin por

=> I honor phis big sacrifice or

e.g., the next 2 weeks could give us these 5 letters" fever" and maybe an apostrophe; Then one could build: I honor phi's big sacrifice forever

But it's just too much speculation until we have the last two words.

I did that last week when "shift" was added. You can now build the sentence

ice shi Gab coi fir sho rin por

=> I honor phis big sacrifice or

e.g., the next 2 weeks could give us these 5 letters" fever" and maybe an apostrophe; Then one could build: I honor phi's big sacrifice forever

But it's just to much speculation until we have the last two words.

Why are you not using "CUT" while arranging the sentence?

takoyaki

Why are you not using "CUT" while arranging the sentence?

I didn't include the letters from CUT-HERE in the anagrams because it's the only word written differently, so I treated it like an instruction. Could be wrong though (Gab is written a bit differently as well, always assumed that meant an anagram would start with the letter G), and I'm not convinced any of this is correct until we have all words. It's a possible solution, one of many.

I didn't include the letters from CUT-HERE in the anagrams because it's the only word written differently, so I treated it like an instruction. Could be wrong though (Gab is written a bit differently as well), and I'm no convinced any of this is the correct until we have all words. It's a possible solution.

Can't it be "Phi or I honor big sacrifices"?

takoyaki

Can't it be "Phi or I honor big sacrifice"?

Sure could be, but the anagram kind of made sense last week when it was more vague. "I honor his bis sacrifice" made me think of
Sigma, not Phi
. It was your idea to add in the name Phi, which is now possible. But that could mean that "phi" is the only correct word in the anagram we're looking for and all the sacrifice stuff was wrong.

edit: and there's always the chance that it's not even an anagram. Still too many unknowns in there; two weeks from now we'll have a fighting chance if it is an anagram in English.

Swamped

Banned
How did I not think of this, hahahaha

LOL! Good opportunity for an avatar quote if I've ever seen one XD

Just realized that i will be traveling on the day of the panel...in a different country so i will have no Internet! Well, what's an extra day when I've waited nearly four months lol.

redhood56

Banned
It felt like a while before we got a new word. I think the whole sacrifice thing is what the anagram is. Hopefully we get an announcement of a livestream sometime next week of the panel.

I swear to god, this better not be as dissappointing as the teaser site for TWEWY a few years back. I mean, I love Solo Remix, but it's not a real sequel or anything. >_>

grim-tales

I wonder how the word firefighter fits into to ZE though? Thats one word I'm stumbling on. And perhaps "Gab" is part of a bigger anagram

I swear to god, this better not be as dissappointing as the teaser site for TWEWY a few years back. I mean, I love Solo Remix, but it's not a real sequel or anything. >_>

There is no way this is just some port or remaster if the words are anything to go by. It's nigh impossible to connect most of these words -if not all- to 999 or VLR.

So ZE3 or not ZE at all, unless they are planning on something about ZE that isn't a game (I hope not).

That said, the words now make me think of Banshee's Last Cry... Can someone who played through the whole thing explain if any words have relevance to the story?

spinz

There is no way this is just some port or remaster if the words are anything to go by. It's nigh impossible to connect most of these words -if not all- to 999 or VLR.

So ZE3 or not ZE at all, unless they are planning on something about ZE that isn't a game (I hope not).

well... if youre going by the theory that the words are supposed to be story-relevant to a game, then for a ZE3 teaser they would be relevant to the first 2 games, because thats all we have. They arent going to give us a teaser full of references to a game that doesnt exist.

But i doubt the words themselves have any relevance. Instead its some sort of word puzzle... but one that is very obtusely convoluted and not worth trying to solve.
Although another possibility that has crossed my mind: that all of these words were taken at random from game's scripts.

Soulflarz

Banned
If someone managed to repeat squares TWEWY countdown but instead make it months long, I will applaud them for somehow doing worse.

If someone managed to repeat squares TWEWY countdown but instead make it months long, I will applaud them for somehow doing worse.

I will be devastated if anything but ZE3 happens, and again I do not think that this is a remaster or anything. They probably have seen the reception of that teaser and would not do that mistake.

grim-tales

That said, the words now make me think of Banshee's Last Cry... Can someone who played through the whole thing explain if any words have relevance to the story?

BIB: Banshee's Last Cry certainly does interest me, AFAIK thats been on the list of Android ports for aaaages (I want it) :(. If its that though, how come RSG and Uchikoshi himself seem to know what it is and tweet about it?

takoyaki

No connection whatsoever between the words/numbers/counter and Banshee's Last Cry/Kamaitachi no Yoru, a 4 month teaser for that game or even Shin Kamaitachi would be literally insane.

I will be devastated if anything but ZE3 happens, and again I do not think that this is a remaster or anything. They probably have seen the reception of that teaser and would not do that mistake.

This is teasing one of those things: ZE3 the game, ZE3 the kickstarter, ZE3 and a re-release of 999 on Vita/3DS, ZE3 and Punchline the game, a crossover game between the Infinity and ZE series, a spiritual successor to the ZE/Infinity series with Uchikoshi involvement, something completely different that Aksys is convinced will be worth the wait if you're a ZE fan.

Again, I'm convinced they wouldn't start a 4 month long teaser at 0303 without being damn sure that fans will be happy.

edit: Anything that's officially part of the Infinity series (new game, re-release of 1-3) seems less likely because of the rights situation (Kid?, Regista?, 5bp?, Mages?,maybe Chunsoft?), I think the name 4infinity was chosen to get people like us speculating, but in the end it's just a pun about the length of the teaser. The teaser might be 4 months long, but it really delivers "that feel of 60fps infinity"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom