• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation |OT| 1 Alien. 1 Ripley. No Jonesy.

Don't do me like this AMD, don't make me have to install on launch day like some console heathen. I hope they give them the keys early but I kinda doubt it.

napalmjam

My ps4 copy will be here tomorrow via simplygames :D yeaaaa! Reviews make no impact on any of my purchases always go in blind .

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Looks pretty cool but the pre-order/DLC situation is just too gross for me.

Valravn

So this game is already available (@ Dutch webshop Gamedumper) and now i need to resist because i just bought Shadow of Mordor.

spookyfish

Ehhh... Fincher is one of my favorite directors, but Alien 3 is atrocious.

All signs point to his agreeing with you.

There is no "director's cut" because he had more or less disowned the film. He didn't participate in the "quadrilogy" or anthology in any way.

If the director thinks it's a shit film ... Well, who am I to argue?

RAIDEN1

...I'm just waiting for a decent walkthrough video of this game to appear...from what I've watched so far, its great..!!!

Lights out, it'll be like watching an Alien movie!...Only in 1st person..

Valravn

giphy.gif

what about that nonsense about PS4 and XB1 parity for this- or was it just that:nonsense?

I really wanted to get the XB1 version because it looks better with the green box

damnit gaf

I remember around E3 there was a gaming podcast which commented on differences between PS4 and XB1 at the time. The guy who had played them both said the XB1 version looked noticeably worse. I do think they said both were running at 1080p though.

DF article is your best bet I suppose. I'm sure all current-gen versions will look pretty great anyway.

I remember around E3 there was a gaming podcast which commented on differences between PS4 and XB1 at the time. The guy who had played them both said the XB1 version looked noticeably worse. I do think they said both were running at 1080p though.

DF article is your best bet I suppose. I'm sure all current-gen versions will look pretty great anyway.

alright-fair enough-

already changed my preorder 3 times for this game haha

Mr. Sam

You can put my name down as a member of the Alien 3 Appreciation Society, particularly the assembly cut. The only outright bad aspect of the film is the CGI.

Just pick the better thread subtitle than this OT. It wont be hard. :D

edit - Visitors of EGX have voted Alien Isolation for their game of the show!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905987

A L | E N: Isolation|Review thread| Bring back life form. Priority One. All other priorities rescinded.
A L | E N: Isolation|Review Thread| Game over man, game over!
A L | E N: Isolation|Review Thread| They mostly come at night, mostly.

Alien 3 extended cut is a great movie.

I really like Alien 3 as well. Not only is it a really fun high concept movie, its also visually stunning and unpredictable. It's not as scary as the two first, but man. Alien 1, 2 and 3 are all completely different styles of films. It's the opposite of SW and LoTR and Back to the Future and the like, were all films could be one big extended film.

Alien trilogy is very much itself in each instalment. It's why Alien 4 is such a weird film by itself. Strangely memorable ("Kill mee...", "the most beautiful child only a mother could love", "swimmers me timbers", "aciidddd rain", mr. scientists keeps repeating the same mistakes aka thanks a lot obama corp").

Linconan

Alien:Isolation [review thread] You Are My Lucky Star
Alien:Isolation [review thread] Before Aliens quotes were cool

I'll be disappointed if it's anything but.

Doran902

I hope this is another sleeper hit. Waiting on reviews before I buy but not because I don't think it will be good. I want to know if there is enough length / value for a full priced horror title. Worried that it will be short and not very replayable. From the trailers and impressions it looks like an amazing horror game.

Alien 3 was a good movie. Alien 4 was terrible but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Top Bottom