• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amateur Chefs of GAF unite! Or, what's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm no master by any means, but I always love whipping up a dinner.
Playing with what food to mix, what seasonings to use, and so on.
Here's what I made tonight:
nosauce.jpg

sauce.jpg

It was inspired by, well, it pretty much is oyako-don, but just made with I had, which wasn't much of quality, and I definitely made the eggs wrong and lacked a few other ingredients, anyway.

2 cups rice
2 spicy chicken tenderloins
2 medium eggs

just made the individual items and put them in a bowl, and covered it with a sauce I made which was:

Worcester Sauce
Ketchup
Salt
Pepper

Wasn't too bad, but there was a bit too much Worcester Sauce in the sauce.
Pretty damn tasty though.
So anything you folks like to call your own?

Chony

Quiznos. But I don't have much of a choice. My specialty is making breakfast meals. Swedish Pancakes own all.

OmniGamer

Well I made this yesterday, but had the same for dinner tonight.

Cut-up chicken breast, seasoned and stir fried
Rice&Beans
Mixed vegetables

Quick&Easy.

picture1.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhh only second day of school and I'm already starving myself... I've had a pack of oreos today. That's all. Not even good oreos, those goddamn 100 calorie thin crisp things. THERES NO MIDDLE. THERES NO CREAM CRISP TO MAKE CRISP COOKIES WITH. IT'S A CRACKER. It's so horrible.

I think I'm gonna have some grilled cheese.

evil ways

Rice & beans
Breaded chicken
Deep fried flat plaintain slices, or how we call 'em "tostones"

tostones.jpg

Sprinkle a little salt after you're finished frying these crunchy, tasty bastards and you have a delicious side dish. They go well with ketchup or BBQ sauce as well.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I'm whipping up my favourite smoked salmon pasta. Boil a pan of pasta, drain it, add chopped smoked salmon, sour cream and the juice of half a lime, stir and warm through. Quick, easy, and incredibly tasty.

Only the shop was out of limes, so I'm using a lemon instead, which isn't quite the same.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
mac said:
Brats and beer. No offense, but that first pic looks like creamed crap.

Haha, perhaps, but it still tasted great.
Brats are awesome though. I freaking love 'em.

Can't beat a German's sausage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I envy you guys, I can't cook to save my life.

I got a job interview later on today, after that I'm going to sit at Wendy's and cry over my burger.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I can make tasty scrambled eggs, as well as a pretty standard version of spaghetti, but that's about it (barring the obviously easy stuff like sandwiches, microwaveable food, etc.). One of these days I'm going to learn some more stuff from my girlfriend -- she cooks for me just about every night and does a pretty good job of it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom