• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Boke1879

Is it me or are Sony just waiting until the actual black friday to do anything substantial... it certainly feels that way in the UK.

I'm seeing lots of ad's/information about XBO deals and hardly anything about PS4. have to hand it to MS, they seem better prepared for pre-black friday than sony does.

Eh Sony pretty much had their BF plans known. At least here in the states and tbh I don't think Sony is all that concerned with what MS is doing.

In a few hours is when the stores will start to open up and you'll see the bulk of both consoles start to shift.

Sony will sell great and MS will sell great.

malfcn

wait what do you mean? Assuming since its a lighting deal the other stuff wont show up. As long as I clicked on the lighting deal, I should be good right? Plus I cant readd it to my cart.

I clicked through and it does fix itself on the last check out page.

50%

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Really they will have Destiny Xbox One and PS3 but not PS4?
Seriously?

I noticed that. lol

I really want to get Alien Isolation (just bought the PS4 from Fry's last night), but I already have four games lined up for when I receive it next week: GTA V, The Last of Us, Shadow of Mordor, and The Evil Within. Alien Isolation is $29.99 on Amazon right now. Should I just wait for it to get cheaper or just snag it at this price?

Eh Sony pretty much had their BF plans known. At least here in the states and tbh I don't think Sony is all that concerned with what MS is doing.

In a few hours is when the stores will start to open up and you'll see the bulk of both consoles start to shift.

Sony will sell great and MS will sell great.

I know what you mean, but i just think from a pure marketing message, MS seems to be hitting more high notes... because they started earlier.

I mean the current BF deal on XBO is £269 + alien isolation.... they are just killing it with these deals... though we don't know how many they are pushing with this.

LOL I really do hope you get the TV you want after seeing all of your post.

shaq.gif

#believe i hope we all get a tv

pooptest

I know what you mean, but i just think from a pure marketing message, MS seems to be hitting more high notes... because they started earlier.

I mean the current BF deal on XBO is £269 + alien isolation.... they are just killing it with these deals... though we don't know how many they are pushing with this.

Maybe Sony knows it doesn't need to make such a big deal about it. They are ahead in sales by almost double.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft Store had a free game with the AC bundle, including Halo, ForzaHorizon 2, Dragon Age Inquisiton etc at $329.

Even with just two games it'd be worth it. I don't even like Xbox consoles but I think it's overboard to say, "I expected 4/5/6 games and a $70 discount!"

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Advanced Warfare is going to go on sale? I want to get it but not for $51. Any places have it for sale? PS4 specifically.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Even with just two games it'd be worth it. I don't even like Xbox consoles but I think it's overboard to say, "I expected 4/5/6 games and a $70 discount!"

Yes, but we are talking relative values. Today and tomorrow are the most competitive times for deals, and compared to the Microsoft Store deal from last night, the Amazon deal is good but not great. They are close because of the Live, but it just depends on the person.

Max is the one where you draw right? I'm tempted, but I just bought a PS4 so I'll hold off for now. The main reason I'd want a One is for Killer Instinct, though. Also, the Zoo Tycoon game seems oriented around Kinect, so it's weird that it would be sold in the standalone bundle. I wish I could replace the AC games with Kinect but oh well.

If you all think that TV is the one that will be discounted you might want to put it in your cart before the deal. I waited on the laptop deal at 12:40 refreshed it wasnt up yet, refreshed again 2 seconds later and deal was 100% claimed. Was not happy but I think people put them in their cart before the deal and then refresh. It is the only thing that makes sense unless they only had one available.

Derpyduck

Banned
Was just about to post this. It got to 50% and then it went down to 40%

I knee-jerked ordered it, then canceled it. Couldn't justify the cost, but what really pushed me to hit the cancel button were the 4 shit games. I think I'll hold out until next Black Friday and the (being hopeful) eventual next iteration of the hardware. Hopefully smaller.

Max is the one where you draw right? I'm tempted, but I just bought a PS4 so I'll hold off for now. The main reason I'd want a One is for Killer Instinct, though. Also, the Zoo Tycoon game seems oriented around Kinect, so it's weird that it would be sold in the standalone bundle. I wish I could replace the AC games with Kinect but oh well.

The problem with both Max and Zoo (and also Unity) are terrible framerates.

LQX

Got the Amazon bundle. Have no desire to play AC but I would need Live and Zoo Tycoon seems good, plus I had way too much Amazon credit so might as well finally take the plunge.

Top Bottom