• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Not game related, but since it's GAF and Amazon related.. the Book of Eli Blu-Ray is now $14.99 on Amazon.

Also Vanquish is pretty awesome. The acting is horrendous like most Japanese games, but the game play is good. I really enjoy the fast sliding and shooting stuff.

gkryhewy

mother fucker. I accidentally deleted the DSi XL from my cart, and now I can't re-add it at the lightning deal price - says it's already in my cart. FML.

EDIT: **sweet** - waitlist came through on my second Amazon account. Bought! Phew.

sk3tch

MidnightRider said:
wow.

i add the DSi XL to my cart then notice it is offered in other colors. click one of them. price goes up. click back on blue one. price is still the same (169.99).

I then back out to click the buy link again and now there is a waitlist.

Yeah, $30 off Nintendo hardware MSRP? You gotta be quick...

Codeblue

There isn't much today that I'm interested it. Zero collection for $20 is tempting but I'm not familiar enough with the series to know that it's worth it. Most of my list is on PC so I'm waiting for Steam to get their discounts going. I will be looking for NBA Jam on Friday though, so Amazon has my money there.

gkryhewy

MidnightRider said:
yeah i missed out on the XL

guess i will have to wait till some other tme to pick one up. :(

FYI - my place was also "500", and my waitlist came through. Have to be quick though - it only gave me 3 minutes to add to cart. there was an orange popup in the top-right corner of my screen.

Codeblue said:
There isn't much today that I'm interested it. Zero collection for $20 is tempting but I'm not familiar enough with the series to know that it's worth it. Most of my list is on PC so I'm waiting for Steam to get their discounts going. I will be looking for NBA Jam on Friday though, so Amazon has my money there.

I would recommend it, but you can't customize the buttons to B/Y jump/shoot so it's useless. Luckily I have the 4 games on GBA.
If you can get over that it's an incredibly good deal.

gkryhewy said:
FYI - my place was also "500", and my waitlist came through. Have to be quick though - it only gave me 3 minutes to add to cart. there was an orange popup in the top-right corner of my screen.

Yeah I was already on the wait list once but stepped out to grab another water (i'm on lunch) and when I made it back that orange pop up said i missed my chance.

Zachack

tetrisgrammaton said:
I mean in terms of utter awesome-ness.
It's not as ridiculously awesome but it also doesn't feel the need to make getting to the awesome as difficult as possible, so odds are I'll actually beat it one of these days (unlike God Hand). It's more like PN03.

MidnightRider said:
yeah i missed out on the XL

guess i will have to wait till some other tme to pick one up. :(

I'm disappointed they only brought out a red XL this holiday. It's not bad, but I already have a red Mario Kart DS, and just not really feeling it. And all the other US colors are kind of lame.

gkryhewy

MidnightRider said:
Yeah I was already on the wait list once but stepped out to grab another water (i'm on lunch) and when I made it back that orange pop up said i missed my chance.

Blah, sorry, dude - lightning deals are serious business, apparently.

tetrisgrammaton said:
I'm disappointed they only brought out a red XL this holiday. It's not bad, but I already have a red Mario Kart DS, and just not really feeling it. And all the other US colors are kind of lame.

There's also two new DSi colors, but they don't look too good.

Angelcurio

I will be watching this thread closely since i need to buy a second ps3 for my house, and i expect amazon to put up a good bundle (not the family one) for 299.

Cheech

I think CaG screwed up the Alpha Protocol price.

It is CURRENTLY $22.90 for the 360 version, $28.90 for PS3, and a whopping $14.99 for PC.

Could they possibly go any lower, or is that it?

gdt

Couldn't find the regular BF thread,

Check your Targets, mine just massively upgraded it's clearance rack (I guess for this weekend).

I picked up SSFIV ($10) and Sin and Punishment ($25).

Other notables:

Dragon Age PS3 $15
Borderlands 360 $15
Resident Evil Gold Edition $20

That's all I can remember, right now. I was thiking about that RE5 deal, but I already have RE5 regular edition. How is all of that DLC? I was thinking about Borderlands too, but it looks like I missed the boat on that one.

gdt5016 said:

Check your Targets, mine just massively upgraded it's clearance rack (I guess for this weekend).

Other notables:

Dragon Age PS3 $15
Borderlands 360 $15

That's all I can remember, right now. I was thiking about that RE5 deal, but I already have RE5 regular edition. How is all of that DLC? I was thinking about Borderlands too, but it looks like I missed the boat on that one.
Good idea.

anddo0

Cheech said:

It is CURRENTLY $22.90 for the 360 version, $28.90 for PS3, and a whopping $14.99 for PC.

I bought it for $10 ($10.88 after 2 day shipping) used from Gamefly today. I could've waited for a Black Friday deal and bought it new for $19, but what would be the point? At $10 not much risk involved with a game like AP.

gdt5016 said:

Nice, I'll try to hunt down RE: Gold at my local Target.

Cheech said:

22.90$ from gogamer, not amazon.

Damn! I was twiddling my thumbs deciding whether to get Batman AA, and the deal was gone. :/ I'll probably get SSFIV assuming that's the deal later.

gdt5016 said:

Was SSFIV the 360 version? For $10 I'd so double dip.

Their Bluray deals have actually been pretty good. You will never hear me complain about getting two Gamera flicks and The 36th Chamber of Shaolin for $14.

I AM JOHN! said:
Their Bluray deals have actually been pretty good. You will never hear me complain about getting two Gamera flicks and The 36th Chamber of Shaolin for $14.
I think he was specifically referring to their video game deals.

PopfulMail

gdt5016 said:

Other notables:

Dragon Age PS3 $15
Borderlands 360 $15

Hit up Target on my lunch break yesterday and made out pretty good. Interesting because I snagged some of the games you listed at different prices.

Dragon Age 360 - $7.50
Shawn White Snowboarding 360 - $7.50
RE Darkside Chronicles - $10
Sin & Punishment - $12

sk3tch

PopfulMail said:
Hit up Target on my lunch break yesterday and made out pretty good. Interesting because I snagged some of the games you listed at different prices.

Every Target's clearance section is differently priced...but in general, they clearance out the same crap nationwide. The pricing can differ from store to store...

Cypher

Yeah, the clearance racks at Target can be treasure trove of gems!

Some notables (remember, YMMV on stock and actual pricing!):

* Alpha Protocol (360) - $7.94
* The Saboteur (360) - $13
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii) - $9.94
* Cooking Mama 3 (DS) - $14
* Army of Two: The 40th Day (PSP) - $14
* Green Day: Rock Band (PS3) - $20

etc.

Top Bottom