• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Teknoman said:
Just grabbed NFS:HP for PS3, but accidently switched from super saver to 1 day shipping >_< and the damn thing went into shipping soon status.

Hopefully customer service can sort this out.

EDIT: Enslaved is 25 bucks & Goldeneye Wii is 34.99

Wow...alot more on sale than I thought, and its not even friday.
Why didn't you wait until Friday and get it for $35?

Zapages said:
would we still get it for 40 dollars if the price goes down to 40 later. But it still hasn't shipped type of thing with the game?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They probably won't if I'm understanding you correctly.

Zapages

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. They probably won't if I'm understanding you correctly.

If you order something and the price drops before it ships. Amazon will match that price regardless if it increases back again before it ships out.

I am asking because it happened to me with PoP TFS, which I was able to get for like 25 dollars after I used up all of my Amazon credit.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Since nothing will ship today, I wonder if I buy NFS:HP today at $40 if it will drop to $35 tomorrow before it ships....

Zapages said:
If you order something and the price drops before it ships. Amazon will match that price regardless if it increases back again before it ships out.

I am asking because it happened to me with PoP TFS, which I was able to get for like 25 dollars after I used up all of my Amazon credit.

Probably depends on how the deal is structured. There's no way with lightning deal, but maybe possible if it's just a drop like enslaved or something is but I wouldn't count on it. You can always contact support to ask.

Thanks again for everyone giving updates on prices, I added them to the OP!

DenogginizerOS said:
Since nothing will ship today, I wonder if I buy NFS:HP today at $40 if it will drop to $35 tomorrow before it ships....

It definitely won't drop the price for you since that's only when it's a preorder but if you contact support they will sometimes give you the difference in price as credit.

Blueblur1

Fuck. I didn't expect Amazon to start putting up Lightning Deals at midnight PST. So what did I miss? Was it just DragonBall and Blur?

Blueblur1 said:
Fuck. I didn't expect Amazon to start putting up Lightning Deals at midnight PST. So what did I miss? Was it just DragonBall and Blur?

It's all in the OP and do you mean Dragon age? All the deals are still active for the next hour so you missed nothing...

Blueblur1

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It's all in the OP and do you mean Dragon age? All the deals are still active for the next hour so you missed nothing...
You're the man! I got this thread confused with the other deals thread that had an outdated OP so I didn't check. Thanks!

MrDaravon

Ran across the street to Kmart and just picked up Assassin's Creed, definitely didn't feel like fighting everyone else online for it :lol Was debating getting NFS but the wife wanted to get the hell out of the store apparently so passed on that for now :/

Blueblur1

I'm too lazy to get up and drive to Kmart (30 minute drive - fuck that!) so I'm waiting like everyone else. :D

Edit: I just noticed that AC:B is one of tomorrow's deals. Bah.

gdt

Volcynika said:
Drove down to Kmart and got AC:B for $40 and NFS HP for $34.99, had tons of copies, close to zero lines. Awesome :D

Hmm....I might go to get NFS, then. How is the game?

Volcynika

gdt5016 said:
Hmm....I might go to get NFS, then. How is the game?

From what I've heard about it I liked what people are saying. I haven't played it since I just got back and have some family Thanksgiving things soon.

I don't get racers much and this seems like a nice thing to pick up.

EDIT: Also it's the Limited Edition thing that's $34.99, oddly enough the regular version is $50 or something.

MrDaravon

Blueblur1 said:
I'm too lazy to get up and drive to Kmart (30 minute drive - fuck that!) so I'm waiting like everyone else. :D

Edit: I just noticed that AC:B is one of tomorrow's deals. Bah.

No, it's a Lightning Deal later today to match Kmart's price on $34.99. Tomorrow they'll have it all day at $49.99 because Kmart's thing is today only and I don't think anyone else really has it on sale tommorrow.

gdt

Heading to K-Mart right now then. I'll go to the rundown one (not by the mall), no one should be there :lol .

Edit: Which is the better version of the game?

New Amazon deals are active.

6:15 AM PST
Smash your way across eight zany worlds
FlickSmash w/ Wii Remote Plus Wii $29.99

Nintendo protagonist tells her tale
Metroid: Other M Wii $29.99

Seek out the fabled treasure of El Dorado
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 $14

Get up off the couch into the action in this all new Active Life experience
Active Live: Explorer w/ Mat Wii $29.99

The fortune hunter is back
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves GOTY PS3 $34.99

Hack and slash action across Medieval Japanese game environments
Samurai Warriors 3 Wii $24.99

Wonder if Steam will be selling Medal of Honor for less than $40 that Amazon is...hmm...guess I'll wait. Picking up GoldenEye though.

Alright thanks for the help guys, ended up finding it through a Google search of lightning deal, was panicking I wouldn't get the Uncharted 1 deal :lol

Memles

Bit on FlingSmash (in the market for a 4th remote) and Metroid (since it's not as if Nintendo games go down in price every day).

onipex

Smash your way across eight zany worlds
FlickSmash w/ Wii Remote Plus Wii $29.99

Just got this. Pretty great deal for the Wiimote plus alone.

Poetic

So excited, just got Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom + Enslaved: Odyssey To The West for $37.99 thanks to a $10 credit from pre-ordering GT5. :D :D :D

Cowie

Was debating flingsmash, but then I remembered motion+ zelda. $30 for a motion plus built-in controller is too good to pass up.

Got FlingSmash. Actually am interested in the game, but in any case good deal for a Wiimote even though I don't really need another one.

Green DSi with the $25 credit is tempting, but already got one...

Provider

I ended up getting

Dead Space Extraction, Metal Gear Solid 4, FlingSmash and Enslaved.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Green DSi with the $25 credit is tempting, but already got one...

HaHa I got the Blue DSi XL, but I'll probably give it away as a christmast gift since I have a DSi already and I have too many DSiWare games to just switch to the new one.

painey

is the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock guitar any good? the bundle is $65 and I dont have a guitar here. Bear in mind GHWT guitar was my all time fav guitar.

Top Bottom